2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
This is really an incredible season. Take it all in guys! Enjoy the ride.
Jack Curry said it best in the post game.
" This is a historical season, don't worry about the post season right now, just sit back and enjoy the season ".

Most of us, including myself were down on this team coming out of spring training, mainly based on past performance.

But I've come to look at it like this;
This is a revamped version of the team that was picked by SI and others to go to the World Series.

This team is much better defensively and more versatile on offense.
Taillion and Sevy have shaken off their rust.

Jack Curry said it best in the post game.
" This is a historical season, don't worry about the post season right now, just sit back and enjoy the season ".

Most of us, including myself were down on this team coming out of spring training, mainly based on past performance.

But I've come to look at it like this;
This is a revamped version of the team that was picked by SI and others to go to the World Series.

This team is much better defensively and more versatile on offense.
Taillion and Sevy have shaken off their rust.
Thats why you have to make the deals to improve this squad in the areas that are underperforming, no matter what the cost. Go for the kill.

Regular season success means nothing if this team doesn't advance into and win the WS. If this team keeps winning at its current pace, you want to talk about pressure, it will be immense.

Address CF or LF, Relief Pitcher, maybe 3B. But I could see more of a platoon starting with Carpenter and Donaldson. Which I would be ok with.

I think Benintendi will be in the Bronx at some point patrolling CF for us.

I was down on this team as well leaving spring training. But you never know what is going to happen. Let's be honest we pretty much got the best results imaginable out of the rotation. This is what wins games - pitching and defense. We have that. If I were to have a wish it would be to get a good solid centerfielder. Then let Hicks and Gallo fight it out for playing time. Everything else to me I think is fine. Who knows - maybe the Angels will trade Trout to make salary room for Ohtani!!!

I guess I will be the first to break the seal, BAD LOSS yesterday!
I know I am being greedy, but cant lose that game, especially in the manner in which they did.
Castro was being pinched a bit on some calls, but still can't give up the GS there.
I have never been a Peralta fan, he has good stuff, not elite. I don't think he is a high leverage guy.
Clearly we need a BIG bullpen arm.

Be very interesting how they respond tonight, that is more important than taking that L yesterday.

I have never been a Peralta fan, he has good stuff, not elite. I don't think he is a high leverage guy.
Clearly we need a BIG bullpen arm.

Be very interesting how they respond tonight, that is more important than taking that L yesterday.
A strong response last night by Cole who had a no-hitter through seven innings, Hicks who laced a game winning triple in the ninth and Peralta who got the save. Another home run by Rizzo.

Holmes proved mortal blowing the eighth inning lead and the end of his 30 innings without giving up an earned run.

It may have been for the best that Cole gave up the eighth inning hit. He was at 110 pitches with six outs to go. He was extremely economical in the sixth and seventh, but to my eyes, especially after giving up the hit, looked spent. He nearly gave up a two run homer to the next batter, that's when Boone got him out of there.

Great catches by Gallo (you have to see this one) and Hicks (game ender) helped seal the deal. If this was last year, they lose this game.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Issac Paredes.
Three home runs last night from a career .213 hitter (.209 this year).

But in a way he is a typical Rays pick up who at some point will have his career year with the Rays then get traded away and never be the same again.

They traded Austin Meadows to the Tigers straight up for him so he must be highly regarded.

About last night, I'm worried the league might be catching on to Nestor. True the Rays just saw him a few days ago but that's what happens in a longer playoff series.
Let's see what his next start looks like. Probably against Houston who I'm sure were scouting the hell out of him last night.

Issac Paredes.
Three home runs last night from a career .213 hitter (.209 this year).

But in a way he is a typical Rays pick up who at some point will have his career year with the Rays then get traded away and never be the same again.

They traded Austin Meadows to the Tigers straight up for him so he must be highly regarded.
You would think. I never heard of this guy until last night. Meadows is coming off two down seasons so the Rays sold at the right time. Amazingly, he has NO homeruns in 36 games with the Tigers this season

billyS

Reign of Terror
You would think. I never heard of this guy until last night. Meadows is coming off two down seasons so the Rays sold at the right time. Amazingly, he has NO homeruns in 36 games with the Tigers this season
Meadows had 27 homers and 106 RBI last year. He gave that lineup some pop.
Sure he only hit in the .230's but he is a lefty hitting in to shift all the time.

Meadows had 27 homers and 106 RBI last year. He gave that lineup some pop.
Sure he only hit in the .230's but he is a lefty hitting in to shift all the time.
All true - but OBP of .315 last year and .296 the previous shortened season. That's a statistic that bugs me.

How do you explain the loss of power this season? 148 plate appearances without a homerun?

He's trending to be out of baseball by the age of 30. I thought he was a stud.

Cortes on Sunday afternoon at the stadium. Important start for him. Only threw 63 pitches last night, after high pitch counts (for him) the past two months.

Shifting gears - I thought Judge's ball was gone off the bat last night.

billyS

Reign of Terror
All true - but OBP of .315 last year and .296 the previous shortened season. That's a statistic that bugs me.

How do you explain the loss of power this season? 148 plate appearances without a homerun?

He's trending to be out of baseball by the age of 30. I thought he was a stud.
Yup, has his best years, made the All-star team as a Ray then sucks once they trade him.
Look at Blake Snell.

His slugging percentage is .328, which is lower than Joey Gallo's of .365. Man, that's bad.
It is, he was always a tough out against the Yanks when with the Rays. I liked his lefty bat, sometimes the league catches up with you. He could have an injury, I wouldn't write him off entirely. Sometimes players just have BAD seasons.

I loved meadows and always thought he would be a great fit for the Yankees. Detroit is not a hitters park but he still should have a few homers. All that being said - How about a trade! Gallo for Meadows! Change of scenery for both players!

Status
Not open for further replies.