2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Last night Maybien echoed my thoughts on the Rays trading away players just at the right time.

The Yankees did show some balls last after the Rays kicked them in that very spot.

After the Rays beat them the night before and jumped all over Monty I thought they recovered well.

Monty showed poise and hung in there and kept them in the game.
The offense, although sputtering at times, chipped away and got it done.

Now Houston is up next, coming off a sweep of the Mets where they just dominated the Mets.

Any thoughts from the group on Charlie Blackmon?
From the limited that I have seen him, he's solid. Not the player he was a few years back but an upgrade to Gallo/Hicks. He does make 21 million annually so not sure what a deal would look like. Plus, he will be 36 next month.

I would not give much up for him and would seek alternatives. Benintendi or Bust!

From the limited that I have seen him, he's solid. Not the player he was a few years back but an upgrade to Gallo/Hicks. He does make 21 million annually so not sure what a deal would look like. Plus, he will be 36 next month.

I would not give much up for him and would seek alternatives. Benintendi or Bust!
I think Blackmon's bat would play well in the stadium. Good speed, solid defense, and can play CF.
Maybe you get him on the cheap because of his remaining salary this season and next year, which is aprox 35 million total.

Because the Gallo experiment has to be up soon. He legit only hits the worst mistakes made by the opposing pitcher.

I am always the pessimist, yes they are winning series, I don't see a lot of continuity in their hitting lately. They have these big eruption type of games, then next few games can only manage a few hits. Granted they are winning most of those games because of their pitching. The lineup is incomplete and needs to be re-tooled a bit.

I still think Donaldson is garbage, he doesn't hit. Its been almost 3 months.
Check out IKF's number in the second half in each of the last 2 seasons, dreadful!

I am always the pessimist, yes they are winning series, I don't see a lot of continuity in their hitting lately. They have these big eruption type of games, then next few games can only manage a few hits. Granted they are winning most of those games because of their pitching. The lineup is incomplete and needs to be re-tooled a bit.
But they hit when it matters. Hard to say what their record would be without the season Judge has had. Imagine if Stanton and DJ get hot?

I think the areas to upgrade are LF and relief pitching. If Britton, Chapman, German, Loaisiga can get healthy soon, we should be ok.

Judge is the CF for the remainder of the season and a great one at that. Hey, you can always bring back Gardy.

But they hit when it matters. Hard to say what their record would be without the season Judge has had. Imagine if Stanton and DJ get hot?

I think the areas to upgrade are LF and relief pitching. If Britton, Chapman, German, Loaisiga can get healthy soon, we should be ok.

Judge is the CF for the remainder of the season and a great one at that. Hey, you can always bring back Gardy.
I hope Chapman stays on the IL.
I have zero confidence in him.

Personally I hate playing Judge in center. Think he is too big to play out there. Cringe every time he runs down or dives for a ball.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Another dramatic walk off victory last night. This has been one crazy week!
Must have been a nail biter watching the ninth. But overall it must have been a tough one to watch since they never lead until the end.

I put the game on while I was getting ready to go out but had to shut it off because of Beltran's commentary. Where as Maybein is getting better Beltran is still unlistenable.
Plus seeing those cocky Astros circle the bases didn't help.

But by the time I was on the road the Yes app was pinging me Stanton had tied it up.
After 11:00 when I came out of my SB's bedroom and picked up my phone off her kitchen counter I had 3 or 4 more alerts,
Hicks ties it with a homer
Judge walks it off
Yankees defeat the Astros.

Made the ride home all the more sweeter despite all the nighttime construction

I may have given you my assessment of Hicks in this thread .... he is 33% Hicks. 1/3 of the time he is VERY GOOD! That is what we are getting right now. He is also really really bad for 1/3 the season - that is what we got in the first 50 or so games. The other third is the time he spends on the IL. That is coming soon.

You can enjoy his 1/3 of the season when he is good. That is what we are getting now. The problem is - this 50 good game stretch is not worth putting up with the other 100 games where he sucks and/or is hurt.

Is pitching staff tiring, or is league figuring them out? Last turn through and they have been pretty hittable.
I would be happy with a split, of course I really want 3 out of 4.
I just want to punch Altuve and Bregman in the face multiple times. Especially Bregman and his bitch face.

Alvarez is a fucking stud! Imagine that bat in Yankee Stadium for 81 games. Assault n battery

Is pitching staff tiring, or is league figuring them out? Last turn through and they have been pretty hittable.
I would be happy with a split, of course I really want 3 out of 4.
I just want to punch Altuve and Bregman in the face multiple times. Especially Bregman and his bitch face.

Alvarez is a fucking stud! Imagine that bat in Yankee Stadium for 81 games. Assault n battery
Cortez and Severino I believe are on an innings limit so maybe they are tiring.

They avoid arbitration and settle with Judge for $19 million this year. He’s a free agent next year, he’s carrying the team on his back to the best record in baseball, and you’re going to risk antagonizing him for a few bucks? I thought Hal was smarter than that. I would expect the Wilpon’s to pull crap like that. Fucking morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.