2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey Gallo will not be on this team by the end of the trade deadline. I'm highly confident that the Yankees will pull off a trade for an upgrade. Though a longshot, Juan Soto eventually will be traded by the Nationals as they announced that they will not resign him after he turned down their extension. Should the Yankees lose Judge in FA, expect them to make a big push in acquiring the young superstar.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Joey Gallo will not be on this team by the end of the trade deadline. I'm highly confident that the Yankees will pull off a trade for an upgrade. Though a longshot, Juan Soto eventually will be traded by the Nationals as they announced that they will not resign him after he turned down their extension. Should the Yankees lose Judge in FA, expect them to make a big push in acquiring the young superstar.
Gallo has been historically bad and even an optimist like myself has given up on him.
He's basically an automatic out.

I think their priority at the deadline has to be a left-handed hitting outfielder.

I'd give up both Dominguez and Volpe and a top pitching prospect for Soto. He's that good. I know his BA is way down this year but stick him between Judge and Stanton and see what happens.

T

tony soprano

Gallo has been historically bad and even an optimist like myself has given up on him.
He's basically an automatic out.

I think their priority at the deadline has to be a left-handed hitting outfielder.

I'd give up both Dominguez and Volpe and a top pitching prospect for Soto. He's that good. I know his BA is way down this year but stick him between Judge and Stanton and see what happens.
Volpe is supposed to be the prize that’s untouchable…but great plan if it could be pulled off and I agree with Soto’s spot in the lineup.

For the life of me I don’t OVERStand why Judge isn’t a 3,, or 5…this 2nd batter shit is stupid. Guess I’m ole school.
Their logic is that if they bat Judge 1st or 2nd that over the course of the season he will get a bunch more at bats. I don't know if I agree with that but that's how they are looking at it.

I agree with everyone about gallo, he’s stinking it up. What I did look at tho is he’s been above serviceable throughout His career. I think like many good players they can’t play under New York lights. It ain’t ez dealing with us…so for that I would give him a longer rope. Plus if he can hit a hot pocket. It will increase his trade value. Plus let’s say we put him in a 2,6, or even 7 slot. He would see better pitches. Just my opinion. I don’t throw the baby out with the bath water I guess.

Volpe is supposed to be the prize that’s untouchable…but great plan if it could be pulled off and I agree with Soto’s spot in the lineup.
I would do it! Only hitting .238 in AA . Yanks as usual will hold on to him,when he turns out to be not what they expected they will then try to get rid of him when he has no value..seen this movie before.

Agreed, but would hate to give up their best pitching prospect. If that gets it done, the deal has to be made.

I hope that Waldichuk gets a call up. They are going to have to get clever with the rotation, especially with the ridiculous lead, to keep all the arms relatively fresh.

I don't think Dominguez or Volpe develops much past triple A, I would dump them for Soto in a flash.
Always a lot of sizzle with the Yankees prospects and usually not much steak. The SS that I think has the best chance at the majors is Sweeney.

Sucks for Manny B, I like that dude. Just wasn't meant to be with him and the Yankees. Should be a few teams out there interested in trading for him even after the DFA. He has been pretty good.

Why do you think that? He’s been close to brilliant in all of his outings. 3-0. 0.00 ERA in 12 2/3 innings. Maybe if included in a deal for Castillo, I can see that.
Just a gut feeling. 2 starts against easy foes, not exposing him to the tougher teams. The optics look better that he has dominated in 2 starts rather then struggle in starts against better teams. I like him personally, he works fast, attacks the zone with strikes, is not afraid, doesn't nibble.

For a rebuilding team he is a nice, cheap piece that can slide into a rotation as a number 3, maybe number 2 type. Plus he is controllable. I think he will be traded come the deadline. He is their most MLB ready pitcher. I think Andujar will get his wish as well.

With BillyS bringing up Soto it really makes sense to make a push for him. This team is built to win right now, so much uncertainty as to what Judge will do, will the Yankees pay him as a 31 year old 300-350 million over 7-8 years. I can't see it. Soto is much younger, has 2 more years before free agency. Gives Yankees plenty of time to get some more salary off their books. All of these prospects of theirs NEVER pan out. I think Cashman will make the splash at the deadline that we have become accustomed too. Its now or never for this squad.

Since the Blue Jays series they are 6-3 but batting .178 as a team. I think Houston coming into NY and handling them the way they did was actually a good thing. Might have woken up Cashman a bit, his team is not invincible.

Since the Blue Jays series they are 6-3 but batting .178 as a team. I think Houston coming into NY and handling them the way they did was actually a good thing. Might have woken up Cashman a bit, his team is not invincible.
Part of the .178 BA is Gallo who is 0 for his last 24 (and 3 for 46) and that they have faced better pitching. I'm not really concerned, you have to expect some sort of slump, yet the team keeps winning.

Houston is superior to the Blue Jays, Red Sox, Rays, Twins, etc. We have to beat them in the post season to get them off our backs. We could have been swept last weekend but this team has no quit in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.