2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction for 2022 = 103 wins!!! You will see great seasons from Cole. Monty and Cortez! With the bats - Judge, Hawaiian Hustle, Stanton, DJ and Torres will all perform well. On the negative side - I don't expect much from Gallo and Hicks and RIzzo will be mediocre. Donaldson is a mystery to me. Lets go Yanks!

I'm cautiously optimistic, but honestly too many things have to go right for the Yankees to win the division. I'm upgrading my position to 93-69, which should be good enough for a 1-2 wild card spot.

The Judge deal has to get done before Friday. If they gave Donaldson 25 million, how can they not give the face of the franchise 21 million in arbitration. Truly disgusting.

I have a hard time understanding how, DJ LeMahieu, their best contact hitter, will not be in the starting lineup unless Gleyber Torres gets lost driving to Yankee stadium on Friday.

Still holding out hope that a deal is made before Opening Day.

88-74

Blue Jays
Red Sox
Yankees
Rays
Orioles

Too many oft injured players on the roster.
Gallo, Hicks, Catching, and SS are glaring holes in the lineup.
No true leadoff hitter.

I don't like Cortes starting, Taillon and Severino are true question marks with their health. Can Cole rebound, or is he the pitcher we saw after the sticky stuff got banned? Probably somewhere in the middle, can look dominant against the lesser teams but struggle against the top teams.

Pen looks solid, I think Stanton will MASH this season.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Wow - makes me wonder if Cashman will deal him for the right offer which would be a starting pitcher.
No, I think they built this team with the idea that guys like DJ and Donaldson are going to get banged up and only play 130 - 145 games each but when they do play if they are fresh they will produce.
So you need Gleyber to be ready to play 155+ including about 10 to 15 at SS.

It's a concept us old timers will have to get used of. You don't have 9 regulars, you have 11, I'm assuming Gonzalez is also going to get 450 to 500 at bats.

And you rotate those 11 to keep everyone fresh.

No, I think they built this team with the idea that guys like DJ and Donaldson are going to get banged up and only play 130 - 145 games each but when they do play if they are fresh they will produce.
So you need Gleyber to be ready to play 155+ including about 10 to 15 at SS.

It's a concept us old timers will have to get used of. You don't have 9 regulars, you have 11, I'm assuming Gonzalez is also going to get 450 to 500 at bats.

And you rotate those 11 to keep everyone fresh.
Let's see if in reality guys are getting a game off every week. What is someone gets hot?

If you take the catchers out of the equation, you have 8 positions to cover or a total of 1,296 games for 8 players. 162 game avg.

On an equal rotation of 10 players, (Torres/Gonzalez) you reduce the average amount of games to 129.6 which is quite low unless a player has a significant injury. A nine game rotation seems closer to reality at 144 games. If IKF is healthy, he will play a minimum of 150 games.

I don't see how Gonzalez gets 450 at bats.

I am glad he let DJ play on opening day. Let's go Yanks!!! Cole could do himself a real big favor by going out there and pitching a solid game. If not we will be hearing all the spidertack crap.

billyS

Reign of Terror
My prediction is 85-77 and they miss the playoffs.

This whole analytic thing has gone off the rails and has resulted in a poorly put together roster.

In fact I was reading where other teams are laughing at the way the Yankees use the analytics
It keeps getting worse every year.

The off-season was a huge disappointment and I had lower expectations that say @NINE-LIVES .

I see Sevy missing time with injuries and being ineffective at times because of 'rust'.
Tallion will of course miss time, that's what he does.
Nestor will turn back into a pumpkin.

The bullpen is good but will be burnt out by early July. Chapman will be unreliable.

Gallo will suck and will be booed out of NY.
Judge/Hicks/Stanton will miss a lot of time.

I can see Judge walking at the end of the year, the real dagger is if he goes to Boston.

Make no mistake, the Yanks are a shit show and it's only going to get worse unless they can Cashman and his nerd squad.
Obviously ( except apparently Hal) this shit isn't working and we need to try something different. Quickly.

Otherwise after 30 years this town goes back to being a Mets first town, if it isn't already.

Judge should be traded at this point. You can't lose this guy for nothing like we did with Cano. Someone will pay him 40 million a year on an 8 year deal. From a fan's point of view its a shitty look on his part, but from the business side I get it. His agent knows there is a team or 2 that will massively overpay for his name and 5 good years and 3 so so years. Mets, Giants, Dodgers all come to mind as team that would chase him.

Is Judge better than Trout, Betts, Soto??

Judge should be traded at this point. You can't lose this guy for nothing like we did with Cano. Someone will pay him 40 million a year on an 8 year deal. From a fan's point of view its a shitty look on his part, but from the business side I get it. His agent knows there is a team or 2 that will massively overpay for his name and 5 good years and 3 so so years. Mets, Giants, Dodgers all come to mind as team that would chase him.

Is Judge better than Trout, Betts, Soto??
If he has a shit year or gets hurt he is going to get dick!

No way would I give him 8 yrs or $40 mil lol need more than 2 good years to get that. Not better than those 3 Nine-Lives.
There are a few teams that will give him that, I bet the house on it. He and his agent know it too.

Would I? No way, tops 35 million. 6 years 210 million is more than fair. But what he turned down tells me he really isn't invested in the organization and maybe really deep down don't want to be here. He should be willing to take a hometown discount if he really wants to stay a Yankee for life. 35 million a year is a hell of a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.