2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
He stands to make more money post career as a lifelong Yankee captain than a .... Seattle Mariner or Detroit Tiger. He was offered a very good deal in my opinion. If he goes out and has a year like last year I still would not go to 9 years and $37 mill. Let someone else get burned with that. I will even go further - I would start shopping him TODAY to see what I could get.
i hear you and I agree somewhat. I like Judge. How can’t you. He is an easy guy to root for.
But we see it all the time. There is no loyalty, hardly ever. Team discount? Year if it’s like a mil or 2, but not $50 million for the life of a contract, or 5 to 7 mil a yr. of coarse Judge will say he wants to win a championship and a life long Yank. He has to say that Stuff. Steve, if you want to trade him now , what are you getting for an injury prone player on his walk year? Plus you are already giving up on the year basically, trading your best position player.

He stands to make more money post career as a lifelong Yankee captain than a .... Seattle Mariner or Detroit Tiger. He was offered a very good deal in my opinion. If he goes out and has a year like last year I still would not go to 9 years and $37 mill. Let someone else get burned with that. I will even go further - I would start shopping him TODAY to see what I could get.
Really ? Did you call WFAN on Friday? You guys Really believe being "Yankee Captain" has such great monetary value.
His promotional value is already high the letter C won't mean much.
I do agree that he was offered a Very Good Deal however. But...

Would'nt we all feel(in whatever we do), that in an open job market that we are worth commanding the highest possible $$$
Think of your 29/30 year old self and how great it would have been to have many suitors for your services. All you have to do is "Prove yourself" I'm quite sure many of us on this board were in a similar position likely not similar $$ at stake but comparitive. And we actually did the same exact thing. And the kicker is, you could still remain in the comfortable employ of your present company. The Proverbial "Have your cake & eat it too"

i hear you and I agree somewhat. I like Judge. How can’t you. He is an easy guy to root for.
1.But we see it all the time. There is no loyalty, hardly ever. Team discount? Year if it’s like a mil or 2, but not $50 million for the life of a contract, or 5 to 7 mil a yr. of coarse Judge will say he wants to win a championship and a life long Yank. He has to say that Stuff. Steve, if you want to trade him now , what are you getting for an injury prone player on his walk year? Plus you are already giving up on the year basically, trading your best position player.
1.Why should there be? Are teams Loyal to their players?...in a word "Nope"
ahhhhh Loyalty... The thing everyone wants but Noone wants to give
2.I agree about shopping him. It would also send a message that you are no longer the "Big Spending Yankees" It would be admitting that you are afraid to compete for his services with the other teams in the league.

But we see it all the time. There is no loyalty, hardly ever. Team discount? Year if it’s like a mil or 2, but not $50 million for the life of a contract, or 5 to 7 mil a yr. of coarse Judge will say he wants to win a championship and a life long Yank. He has to say that Stuff. Steve, if you want to trade him now , what are you getting for an injury prone player on his walk year? Plus you are already giving up on the year basically, trading your best position player.
I do like Judge .... or at least I did till he turned down a contract I thought was too much to begin with. Now - I like him a little less.

I did not ask nor say I wanted a team discount. I was just mentioning a fact that as a lifelong Yankee captain - that means more money in his pocket and he should consider that. I also didn't say I WOULD trade him - I said I would see what I could get for him. AND ... it's probably a decent haul. I am guessing like a top ten MLB prospect plus a couple more lower prospects. What if there is a Double A kid somewhere - who is ranked like Number 4 or 5 in the country and he is a slugging outfielder and we can get him and 2 or 3 other decent prospects??? Hmmmm ... You have to think it over. I am not saying I would do it but you have to do your due diligence. Plus Cashman knows more than us .... I would say he probably knows if he can get Judge this offseason or not. IF ... in his head ... HE KNOWS FOR A FACT ... that Judge wants 9 or 10 years at $40 mill a year ... and Cashman either doesn't want to pay him ... OR ... Hal won't give him the money ... then doesn't he have to consider trading Judge .. MORE??? .....

Then again ... If he knows that he can get Judge and it may cost him more and Hal has told him he can have the money ... then don't shop him or trade him and sign him in the offseason.

I hope this clarifies my point of view.

I know its only 3 games, here's a few observations.

IKF looks REALLY shaky on defense, seems to be in his own head bad. How does he NOT advance to third on that play last night when he was on 2nd base and Trevino singled? No excuse. NONE!

Hicks SUCKS, I defended that signing and him as a player, but he is not major league caliber. He doesn't barrel the ball much. 2 Chances last night with RISP and nothing. Lifetime .225 hitter for a reason.

Brings me to my next point, they still can't get a hit with RISP, its all home run or nothing. No home runs last night and they struggled. Same exact problems as last year.

Gallo is a lost cause total head case. He might be eating crayons in the corner of the dugout by May if he don't start hitting because he will be the fans new target real soon. The feast or famine approach with him SUCKS!

DJ needs to be in the lineup EVERY DAY. Find a taker for Torres or let him sit on the bench. Cashman picking up Donaldson is still a head scratcher when he had DJ to play that position making 75 million over the next 5 years. So take on 50 million more in Donaldson so DJ can sit? Stupid. The team would have been better off finding or signing a LF who makes contact and sitting Gallo who makes less than Donaldson.

I think Toronto is going to smoosh us in this series, Good Times........

I do like Judge .... or at least I did till he turned down a contract I thought was too much to begin with. Now - I like him a little less.

I did not ask nor say I wanted a team discount. I was just mentioning a fact that as a lifelong Yankee captain - that means more money in his pocket and he should consider that. I also didn't say I WOULD trade him - I said I would see what I could get for him. AND ... it's probably a decent haul. I am guessing like a top ten MLB prospect plus a couple more lower prospects. What if there is a Double A kid somewhere - who is ranked like Number 4 or 5 in the country and he is a slugging outfielder and we can get him and 2 or 3 other decent prospects??? Hmmmm ... You have to think it over. I am not saying I would do it but you have to do your due diligence. Plus Cashman knows more than us .... I would say he probably knows if he can get Judge this offseason or not. IF ... in his head ... HE KNOWS FOR A FACT ... that Judge wants 9 or 10 years at $40 mill a year ... and Cashman either doesn't want to pay him ... OR ... Hal won't give him the money ... then doesn't he have to consider trading Judge .. MORE??? .....

Then again ... If he knows that he can get Judge and it may cost him more and Hal has told him he can have the money ... then don't shop him or trade him and sign him in the offseason.

I hope this clarifies my point of view.
Yes, absolutely . Well written. I get it. I also get where you said if Cashman know he can’t sign him, then he has to do his due diligence and test the market.

I know its only 3 games, here's a few observations.

IKF looks REALLY shaky on defense, seems to be in his own head bad. How does he NOT advance to third on that play last night when he was on 2nd base and Trevino singled? No excuse. NONE!

Hicks SUCKS, I defended that signing and him as a player, but he is not major league caliber. He doesn't barrel the ball much. 2 Chances last night with RISP and nothing. Lifetime .225 hitter for a reason.

Brings me to my next point, they still can't get a hit with RISP, its all home run or nothing. No home runs last night and they struggled. Same exact problems as last year.

Gallo is a lost cause total head case. He might be eating crayons in the corner of the dugout by May if he don't start hitting because he will be the fans new target real soon. The feast or famine approach with him SUCKS!

DJ needs to be in the lineup EVERY DAY. Find a taker for Torres or let him sit on the bench. Cashman picking up Donaldson is still a head scratcher when he had DJ to play that position making 75 million over the next 5 years. So take on 50 million more in Donaldson so DJ can sit? Stupid. The team would have been better off finding or signing a LF who makes contact and sitting Gallo who makes less than Donaldson.

I think Toronto is going to smoosh us in this series, Good Times........
I get what you are saying and agree , however, I also agree with you when you said , it’s only a few games.

The pitching last year was good enough - it was the hitting and lack of timely hitting that did us in. ANd like Nine LIves said ... it's only a few games but that seems to be the same issue this year. DJ should never be out of the lineup while Gallo and Hicks are in the lineup. They also need to always have an eye on the minor leagues for an outfielder who can come up and replace one of those two bums. LOOK - I will give Gallo and Hicks 30-40 games - if they still blow they really need to move them or at least sit them.

The pitching last year was good enough - it was the hitting and lack of timely hitting that did us in. ANd like Nine LIves said ... it's only a few games but that seems to be the same issue this year. DJ should never be out of the lineup while Gallo and Hicks are in the lineup. They also need to always have an eye on the minor leagues for an outfielder who can come up and replace one of those two bums. LOOK - I will give Gallo and Hicks 30-40 games - if they still blow they really need to move them or at least sit them.
And the pitching may even be better this year with Sevy who looked like his old self.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I will give Gallo and Hicks 30-40 games - if they still blow they really need to move them or at least sit them.
Both of them are the problem caused by their shit analytical department.

I know we are going to be stuck with Hicks until at least the All Star break because they are going to blame his slump on rust.

I could live with Gallo if he was batting 8th or 9th because he is a strong defender who will hit 35 to 40 homers but you can't rely on him hitting higher up in the order.

They have like four dead spots in the lineup and nothing close to a true lead off hitter.

The roster is a mess. They are going in the wrong direction.

Cashman and his whole analytical crew need to go.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Tonight's lineup was just posted by Yes (and sent out via text)
Judge in CF, Hicks in LF, Gallo to the bench.

Also DJ at 1b, Rizzo the DH and Stanton in RF

Status
Not open for further replies.