2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
....he turned down tells me he really isn't invested in the organization and maybe really deep down don't want to be here. He should be willing to take a hometown discount if he really wants to stay a Yankee for life.
I was thinking the same thing. Does he really want to be a Yankee for life or would he rather go to another team for bigger bucks?

He wants the money. 7 years/213 million is more than fair. Trade him now while you can get something for him.
I am disgusted with judge. He has stayed healthy 2 of 5 seasons and played in 63% of his other 3 seasons. The offer was fair and I would say there is a little room for an increase if they could get a deal done. But he wants a 10 year deal worth 360 million. I go back to what I said before, some team will pay him for 8 years. Its a guarantee if he hits free agency. His last comments 2 hours ago, "In a year I will be a free agent and can talk to 30 teams, the Yankees will be one of those teams". WTF??!! Does he realize how HUGE of a legacy he could have with the Yankees? Its like a switch went off and he is a different person. His current agent is a nobody who is trying to knock it out the park with his only stud.

SMH....or maybe Judge realizes this team is cooked and Cashman don't know what he doing.

pokler

Power Bottom
I am disgusted with judge. He has stayed healthy 2 of 5 seasons and played in 63% of his other 3 seasons. The offer was fair and I would say there is a little room for an increase if they could get a deal done. But he wants a 10 year deal worth 360 million. I go back to what I said before, some team will pay him for 8 years. Its a guarantee if he hits free agency. His last comments 2 hours ago, "In a year I will be a free agent and can talk to 30 teams, the Yankees will be one of those teams". WTF??!! Does he realize how HUGE of a legacy he could have with the Yankees? Its like a switch went off and he is a different person. His current agent is a nobody who is trying to knock it out the park with his only stud.

SMH....or maybe Judge realizes this team is cooked and Cashman don't know what he doing.
Always remember when they get the dream deal they spend their whole life chasing performance is downhill from there. The intense hunger and want gets replaced with responsibility and obligation. It's human nature that hunger and want are far greater drivers.

Kudos to Anthony Rizzo with the first inning home run to get us right back in the game and the defensive gems in the early innings. He’s the guy I want up in a big spot. He’s going to hit a lot of home runs this year.

Judge should be traded at this point. You can't lose this guy for nothing like we did with Cano. Someone will pay him 40 million a year on an 8 year deal. From a fan's point of view its a shitty look on his part, but from the business side I get it. His agent knows there is a team or 2 that will massively overpay for his name and 5 good years and 3 so so years. Mets, Giants, Dodgers all come to mind as team that would chase him.

Is Judge better than Trout, Betts, Soto??
He is no where as good as those guys. But let me ask, why do you say that it is a bad look on Judges part? You just said you feel some team will offer him $40 mil per year. So why then would he take that offer from the Yanks? Is Betts also a free agent next yr?

He is no where as good as those guys. But let me ask, why do you say that it is a bad look on Judges part? You just said you feel some team will offer him $40 mil per year. So why then would he take that offer from the Yanks? Is Betts also a free agent next yr?
It looks bad on his part because he is saying how he wants to be a Yankee for life, and bring a championship back to the Bronx. There is such a thing as loyalty and a home town/team discount. That was a good offer for a guy who has only played 2 of 5 full seasons. It makes him look greedy.

Would I offer him a little more, I have said 35 million a year is as high as I would go. 30.5 Million, 33 million, 35 million, its all silly money at this point. Does he want to be a legendary beloved Yankee great or stuff his pockets with more money? Sounds to me like he all about the money, so if thats the case stop saying all the politically correct bull shit. He isn't fooling anyone at this point.

He stands to make more money post career as a lifelong Yankee captain than a .... Seattle Mariner or Detroit Tiger. He was offered a very good deal in my opinion. If he goes out and has a year like last year I still would not go to 9 years and $37 mill. Let someone else get burned with that. I will even go further - I would start shopping him TODAY to see what I could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.