2022 MLB news, topics not involving NY teams or not NY teams 2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the KC-Seattle game today. Seattle up 11-2, bottom of the sixth with Castillo pitching. The Royals scored 11 runs in the bottom of the sixth, winning the game 13-12. Seattle is limping into a wild card spot.

pokler

Power Bottom
Mattingly is a better manager than that %. Showalters % .511 not much higher,but we all know he is better than that. Managed bad teams as well.
Sorry I'm not buying that. If it was 200-300 games he managed then maybe you'd have a point. But it's over 1800 games he managed and owns his record. That's a lot of games and he's lost more than he's won.

Sorry I'm not buying that. If it was 200-300 games he managed then maybe you'd have a point. But it's over 1800 games he managed and owns his record. That's a lot of games and he's lost more than he's won.
He averaged 88.8 wins with the Dodgers from 2011-2015, that would not win many AL EAST titles. He averaged a lot less wins with the Marlins.
There is some proof to what you say, although I would give him the benny of the doubt that he would be back in NY and there would be that extra ass kick to be the best he can be because he is "Donny Baseball" He would tarnish his image as a player if he fucked up as a manager.

But maybe NOT as good as a manager as his last name, nice call @pokler.

Nah,the Marlins had shit teams that's why his record is so bad. Poor ownership. AAA team almost every year. Joe Torre had a sit Managerial record before the Yankee job,and all of a sudden he is a good manager. Why?? Because of the team he was managing. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Watching the KRod telecast if the game. They have Clemens in studio and Bonds on as well. 3 of the best players I personally have ever seen play baseball. At the time it was watching all 3. Now they are just 3 guys who cheated(I guess). Once shoo ins for the Hall of Fame,now the only way they get in is to buy a ticket like the rest of us.

Watching the KRod telecast if the game. They have Clemens in studio and Bonds on as well. 3 of the best players I personally have ever seen play baseball. At the time it was watching all 3. Now they are just 3 guys who cheated(I guess). Once shoo ins for the Hall of Fame,now the only way they get in is to buy a ticket like the rest of us.
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching. Lol.
It must have been hard for Michael Kay not to get on his high horse.

Listening to Bonds talk baseball, especially hitting, the guy knows his shit. Makes you wonder why he felt the need to get on the roids, I know for the money, fame, and he was jealous of McGwire and Sosa getting all the attention. I always liked Bonds, that speed / power 5 tools type of player. But he cheated, and he is forever a pariah now.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Listening to Bonds talk baseball, especially hitting, the guy knows his shit. Makes you wonder why he felt the need to get on the roids, I know for the money, fame, and he was jealous of McGwire and Sosa getting all the attention. I always liked Bonds, that speed / power 5 tools type of player. But he cheated, and he is forever a pariah now.
Without roids he was on the path of a first ballot Hall of Famer but he wouldn't have had the two home run records.
I remember he and Greg Maddox were both free agents after the 92 season and Stick wanted both. He came closer to Maddox but obviously couldn't lure either to a then last place team.

Without roids he was on the path of a first ballot Hall of Famer but he wouldn't have had the two home run records.
I remember he and Greg Maddox were both free agents after the 92 season and Stick wanted both. He came closer to Maddox but obviously couldn't lure either to a then last place team.
Bonds talked about how the Yankees made him an offer and gave him a deadline to accept it, while he was thinking about it over a meal, San Francisco came in with a bigger offer and a chance to play with his dad.
So that was it.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Bonds talked about how the Yankees made him an offer and gave him a deadline to accept it, while he was thinking about it over a meal, San Francisco came in with a bigger offer and a chance to play with his dad.
So that was it.
Lol, his dad was long retired.
You're thinking of the Griffeys

Agreed, but in my opinion he is NOT the all time hr leader or most in a season. Its still Aaron for most and Maris for most in a season.
As much as I loved Bonds, if you cheated to get to those marks, its tainted.

You have to wonder Who was giving him the advise then to do that, just a bunch of hanger-on types, scavengers.
Its a shame because like you said he was first ballot hall of fame. Probably not unanimous because he wasn't well liked by some writers.

But listening to him last night talk about hitting was like a clinic. My ears were perked and man does he know his shit. Guy should be coaching and involved in some capacity. I know the Marlins gig was a weird fit, but guy is an encyclopedia of hitting knowledge. He could change his persona big time if he ever wanted to coach again.

Status
Not open for further replies.