2022 MLB news, topics not involving NY teams or not NY teams 2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Considering they added an extra wildcard in each league there really wasn't much drama in the pennant races or even the races for the wild cars spots.

They really need to place more emphasis on winning the division. I would prefer they reduce the number of wild card teams to 2 per league. The two wild card teams play a best of three series. The division winner with the best record plays a best of five against the winner of the two wild card teams and get games at home. The other two division winners play a best of 5. then the winners of these series play a best of 7 series. Team with teh best record gets home field advantage - games 1,2,3 at home, 4 and 5 on the road and 6&7 back at home.

You should have a significant disadvantage as a wild card team. It doesn't have to be exactly like I have laid out above - but something close. If my team wins the division and wins 110 games why should a wild card team with 83 wins be on equal footing? Having the wild card play three games while I (the division winner) sit at home with my ace ready to go in game one is a huge advantage and well deserved.

Luis Castillo is dealing through 6 innings. Man was that a big misstep for Cashman. He is as advertised, but Cashman took the cheaper, fatter alternative.
I would have traded for Jose Quintana. ( I think I posted this) The Cardinals gave up their #10 prospect and a 22 year old mlb starter in Johan Oviedo. Quintana pitched great against the Yankees.

I watched a lot of Pirates games since Andujar was claimed. He's done well. The Pirates announcers love him, they make him sound as if he is the second coming of Roberto Clemente! LOL

Nice 14 innings so far. Hope it goes longer and Rays pull it out ..so they gotta play tomorrow. Whoever Yanks play might be a bit gassed... especially with the pitching.

The guy is an absolute beast. I thought the move to Robbie Ray was a recipe to disaster. Just knew it wasn't going to end well for Seattle.

Hopefully, Castillo can get the Mariners back on track. I doubt it though. That was a gut punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.