2022 MLB news, topics not involving NY teams or not NY teams 2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking at Judge's last two seasons, combined his numbers are incredible. Two years of health and he will bankroll that into a minimum 8 years 320 million a year, 40 million a year.

That will be the starting point, some team out there will lay in wait and drop a number that will blow away all other teams. Honestly don't know if the Yankees can be competitive with Stanton, Cole, and Judge making a combined 100 million. I think Judge is wearing another uniform next season.

Was looking at Judge's last two seasons, combined his numbers are incredible. Two years of health and he will bankroll that into a minimum 8 years 320 million a year, 40 million a year.

That will be the starting point, some team out there will lay in wait and drop a number that will blow away all other teams. Honestly don't know if the Yankees can be competitive with Stanton, Cole, and Judge making a combined 100 million. I think Judge is wearing another uniform next season.
Me too. I think they will up their previous offer but he will sign elsewhere for more money.
Maybe SD.

It should be a great world series. The Phillies have a lot of mojo since firing Girardi and plenty of firepower in that offense. It seems that Hoskins, Schwarber and Harper have hit a lot of homeruns this post season.

Stanton I think has 5 years left on his contract. His last season in this contract he will be 37. He has a buyout on his age 38 season which they will gladly pay. I really don't despise Stanton - They got EXACTLY what Stanton was - an oft injured player who when healthy can hit 270 with 35-40 homers and 100 RBI. I think he is that player. His average was off this year but he has pretty much come as advertised.

Stanton I think has 5 years left on his contract. His last season in this contract he will be 37. He has a buyout on his age 38 season which they will gladly pay. I really don't despise Stanton - They got EXACTLY what Stanton was - an oft injured player who when healthy can hit 270 with 35-40 homers and 100 RBI. I think he is that player. His average was off this year but he has pretty much come as advertised.
I agree. Besides being injured a lot, and a crazy contract. He has been a good Yankee. Remember, he was supposedly a mail content, a bad team mate , not a good guy when he was on the Marlins. I alsways disagreed with that. He was a really good player on a horrible team that trades away their good players so how can he be happy. He was none of that on the Yanks. He never did or said anything wrong. I always liked Stanton

Phillies were kind of the opposite of Yanks. Yanks were unbelievably great and then went to just good or very good where the Phils, were just ok, then got real good and hot and just stayed hot. But when you look at their roster. They are a real good team.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Phillies were kind of the opposite of Yanks. Yanks were unbelievably great and then went to just good or very good where the Phils, were just ok, then got real good and hot and just stayed hot. But when you look at their roster. They are a real good team.
They are a good team and they underperformed with Girardi. They got hot at the right time. I really thought going into the season they would be right there with the Mets and Braves.

I would love to see the Phillies knock of the Cheaters. That would be the third time an underdog NL East team took them down in the last five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.