2022 MLB news, topics not involving NY teams or not NY teams 2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Gary Sanchez broke up the no hitter, smh.

Dodgers need Kershaw for the long haul and a championship run, not a blurb in the history books about a perfect game against the Twinkies in April. Run on sentence???

More than a blurb ...only 23 perfect games in history..Dodgers would be fine with or without signing him this year. Should have given him a shot at it. He had a great pitch count and was dealing for sure

More than a blurb ...only 23 perfect games in history..Dodgers would be fine with or without signing him this year. Should have given him a shot at it. He had a great pitch count and was dealing for sure
Difference of opinions, your damned if you do or don't these days. He gets hurt then its "Why did you let him throw so many pitches?!"
Then you have others who are like "WTF, how can you not give him a shot?!"

I guess I lean more towards wanting him for the long haul. The hard work of enduring a season and playoffs then winning the World Series and being THE BEST.

Kershaw has had a great career, I guess I could see where that would have been the cherry on top so to speak.

Difference of opinions, your damned if you do or don't these days. He gets hurt then its "Why did you let him throw so many pitches?!"
Then you have others who are like "WTF, how can you not give him a shot?!"

I guess I lean more towards wanting him for the long haul. The hard work of enduring a season and playoffs then winning the World Series and being THE BEST.

Kershaw has had a great career, I guess I could see where that would have been the cherry on top so to speak.
True...guess it was a tough call either way.

Kershaw is injury prone ... he wasn't built up ... I think they did the right thing ... OR ... put it on Kershaw - let him decide. tough call. I think way back didn't Cone have a no hitter 1st start coming back from an injury and had a no hitter through like 6 or 7 and Torre pulled him?

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think way back didn't Cone have a no hitter 1st start coming back from an injury and had a no hitter through like 6 or 7 and Torre pulled him?
Yes in 1996.
It was in Oakland. The brought in Mo to finish the last two ininngs.

I was also thinking about Johan Santana.
Mets let him throw about 160 pitches because they had never had a no- hitter.
He was never the same.

314 no hitters and only 23 perfect games. I guess as long as Kershaw was ok about being pulled. If he wanted to stay in I am sure he probably would have.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Tommy Pham wants to fight Luke Voit in a gym over a slide where Voit knocked out the catcher.

Pham said "muy tia, whatever".
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...-slide-tyler-stephenson-looked-wrestling-move

No wonder the guy moves around a lot.

Miguel Cabrera looks like shit. I think he basically gave up two years ago and just decided to mail it in and collect his enormous salary and purse his goals of 500 homers and 3000 hits. Taking his time getting there as long as it was within his contract.

The guy is a Hall of Famer but he should respect the game more and get in shape and help his team. He really looks like shit physically.

Simple:
Dodger Fan...Great Move
Non Dodger /Baseball / Kershaw Fan...WTF
But as the latter.
When All reports say that HE was good with it, who are we to question?
Agree. I saw the interview. He said, yea, he would have loved to have the shot at the perfect game but he said it was actually a good move, for the team.

More of a general interest post -

Read today- Miguel Castro just donated a new fire truck to his home town in the Dominican Republic. The town was apparently in need.

Nice to read that a pro gives something back.. ( unlike some who make a lot and whine all the time that their pinky toe hurts and cannot play)

I noticed a box score the other day Wade and Velasquez splitting SS for the Angels. Wade hitting around .260 again. Good for him.
Yes, I looked probably 10 days ago and Wade was hitting like 290 with a few stolen bases. Wade grew on me, I liked his versatility and speed. He had a quick bat, not sure why it never clicked. Velasquez is a grinder type a good 26th man on the bench.

Voit out with a bicep injury, never good if your a power hitter.
Sanchez out with an abdominal strain
Frazier out with an appendicitis

Status
Not open for further replies.