2022-23 NY Knicks

I doubt they would trade him within the division. If Joel Embid was to ever demand a trade, he would be traded to the West. But I fully expect James Harden to fold in the playoffs like he always does.

And you think they would trade him , in division?
If the Knicks offer the best return, it’s possible. It’s been rumored that NY could be a landing spot for him. I could see a deal involving (two of the following) Grimes,Robinson, RJ, Quickley, and draft picks. I think Grimes and Quickley have high value, more so than RJ.

Add Toppin and McBride as potential trade assets. The Knicks depth is deep. I hope that they sign Josh Hart. He’s a FA after this season ends.

Anthony Davis is a FA after next season. He could be on the trade market if Kyrie signs with the Lakers next season.

The Knicks really need to trade RJ and his ridiculous salary.

God forbid if they ever trade Grimes or Quickley. They are improving at a tremendous rate and while not superstars they can be stars. The only package I'd give for Embid is Robinson, Barrett, and 2 or 3 first rounders.
I agree with you. Both guys have been tremendous this season. But if you're in Philly's shoes and you're about to trade the league's MVP, you have to get some quality in return. One of them has to go to even have a remote chance. Just my opinion. I think the league has caught on that RJ isn't worth the salary he's being paid. The Sixers fans would go nuts. I would trade Robinson in a NY minute. Injury prone, has no shooting skills, gets in foul trouble too often.

Personally, I do not want it to become another Carmelo Anthony situation where the team is flowing and we give up the house for one superstar player.

I would rather see if we can sign a super star in free agency, as opposed to giving up draft capital and players that are constantly improving and growing game by game.

Personally, I do not want it to become another Carmelo Anthony situation where the team is flowing and we give up the house for one superstar player.
I never liked Carmelo Anthony.

It seems that young star players get big extensions without hitting the FA market. Take Phoenix for example, by trading Bridges and Johnson for KD, they are most likely the favorites to win the Western Conference. They are certainly a win now team. Bridges is a potential superstar.

Cleveland was the ninth seed last season winning 44 games. They traded for Donovan Mitchell and improved to the fourth seed/51 wins.

The Knicks improved by 10 games this season with terrific front office decision making. (finally) Unfortunately, I doubt that they can be a serious contender without adding a real stud via a blockbuster trade. They're certainly not going to get a superstar via the draft.

I never liked Carmelo Anthony.

It seems that young star players get big extensions without hitting the FA market. Take Phoenix for example, by trading Bridges and Johnson for KD, they are most likely the favorites to win the Western Conference. They are certainly a win now team. Bridges is a potential superstar.

Cleveland was the ninth seed last season winning 44 games. They traded for Donovan Mitchell and improved to the fourth seed/51 wins.

The Knicks improved by 10 games this season with terrific front office decision making. (finally) Unfortunately, I doubt that they can be a serious contender without adding a real stud via a blockbuster trade. They're certainly not going to get a superstar via the draft.
I totally agree. But then again, you can look at Dallas situation where giving up key pieces for Kyrie Irving effectively made them a worse team. There has to be a balance of what they are giving up for what they are receiving in return. I have no problem with the Knicks giving up RJ Barrett, but they can't get rid of Immanuel Quickley. He has been playing at a high level as of late.

I totally agree. But then again, you can look at Dallas situation where giving up key pieces for Kyrie Irving effectively made them a worse team. There has to be a balance of what they are giving up for what they are receiving in return. I have no problem with the Knicks giving up RJ Barrett, but they can't get rid of Immanuel Quickley. He has been playing at a high level as of late.
Can NOT move IQ, looks SO comfortable moving the ball in that offense. Cant do it.

Can NOT move IQ, looks SO comfortable moving the ball in that offense. Cant do it.
That’s because Brunson has been hurt. But he leads the second team with a faster pace offense and is an incredible defender.

I would give up IQ or Grimes, but not both. Maybe Toppin, RJ and Robinson gets it done, with a few draft picks?

Yup, Kyrie is a cancer wherever he goes. Dallas had no depth after dealing Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith. Plus, they regressed after losing Brunson.

I'm surprised that the Knicks are significant underdogs to win the series. I have no idea what to expect from Brunson and Randle given their inactivity. Will they both be 100% healthy? Could that be what is driving the betting lines?

It would be quite the statement to win game one in Cleveland, but obviously a split would be great to give the Knicks home court advantage.

I feel that home court advantage will play a deciding factor in this series since both teams appear to be evenly matched.

It is absolutely important that the Knicks take a game in Cleveland and not let this series go to a game 7 in Cleveland.

The Knicks took three of four versus the Cavs this year and are a good team on the road. I think our second team is superior and if Brunson and Randle are healthy, I like our chances. Cleveland dId have the best rated defense this year.

You have to go back to the 2012-2013 season when the Knicks won a first round playoff series.

What an effort down the stretch. Huge offensive rebound closing seconds by Julius. Grimes clutch free throws to ice the game! Brunson was unreal in the fourth quarter. Hart’s impact throughout was huge, especially the three late. Great rebounding and defense for all four quarters.

So glad the game was on MSG. Good vibes with Clyde and Breen.

Go New York Go!