2022-23 NY Knicks

Hoping to get a thread started about the NY Knicks for this season. The Knicks dropped to the seven seed with a disgusting loss to Washington at the Garden last night and their second straight loss. The obvious positives have been the addition of Jalen Brunson who has played great all season.

Sitting at 25-21, the Knicks have lossed at least five games where they had double digit leads in the fourth quarter, a few games blowing free throws in the last minute.

Julius Randle is having a tremendous season, but I would deal him for the right package of prospects. His value will never be higher.

They are one player away from being a championship contender, they need another impact player. Just don't know how and where this player would come from.

Can't make a God damn free throw when it matters. They are in every game even against elite teams. They are great and leading games for 3 quarters and then fall apart in the 4th, probably because they're tired. They have trouble inbounding the ball and bringing it up court when pressed. They need to play better in the last 5 minutes of games.

Can't make a God damn free throw when it matters. They are in every game even against elite teams. They are great and leading games for 3 quarters and then fall apart in the 4th, probably because they're tired. They have trouble inbounding the ball and bringing it up court when pressed. They need to play better in the last 5 minutes of games.
They dribble too much, never will Randle find an open man when double teamed. Now with Robinson hurt, they better improve their shooting because there won’t be anyone grabbing offensive rebounds like Mitch does.

I have to believe that Tibs is responsible for the way this team finishes games. And how can you be under .500 at home?

Hoping to get a thread started about the NY Knicks for this season. The Knicks dropped to the seven seed with a disgusting loss to Washington at the Garden last night and their second straight loss. The obvious positives have been the addition of Jalen Brunson who has played great all season.

Sitting at 25-21, the Knicks have lossed at least five games where they had double digit leads in the fourth quarter, a few games blowing free throws in the last minute.

Julius Randle is having a tremendous season, but I would deal him for the right package of prospects. His value will never be higher.

They are one player away from being a championship contender, they need another impact player. Just don't know how and where this player would come from.
One part you said deal Randle , who is a star player for us. Then you say we are one player away? Not sure what you mean? If you trade Randle for prospects, the. You are in a total rebuild. If you keep Randle, then you may be right about one player away, if that one player is a star player. Not sure why you would want to trade your best player, in Randle. Yea, his value will never be higher but you ca. say that about every teams best player

Trade Barret. There will be some team who thinks they can make him a star. He sucks. He can’t shoot. To be good, you need to be able to shoot. He can’t pass, or dribble. He is a turn over machine.

One part you said deal Randle , who is a star player for us. Then you say we are one player away? Not sure what you mean? If you trade Randle for prospects, the. You are in a total rebuild. If you keep Randle, then you may be right about one player away, if that one player is a star player. Not sure why you would want to trade your best player, in Randle. Yea, his value will never be higher but you ca. say that about every teams best player
Randle was far from a star player last year. The team's success this year is due in part to the addition of Brunson and of course, Randle.

If I could edit the post, I should have said include dealing Randle for the right package, including draft picks. If Toppin isn't traded at the trade deadline move him into Randle's spot

I would have no issue trading RJ either, but his youth is an asset and you may get a better return by trading him instead of Julius.

I really don't know how to fix this team, maybe it's time for a new coach? This fourth quarter lapse was a problem last season as well. I just wish they would move the ball. 80% of the possessions seem to be Randle or Brunson dribbling before taking their shot. Can they get Grimes more involved?

Randle was far from a star player last year. The team's success this year is due in part to the addition of Brunson and of course, Randle.

If I could edit the post, I should have said include dealing Randle for the right package, including draft picks. If Toppin isn't traded at the trade deadline move him into Randle's spot

I would have no issue trading RJ either, but his youth is an asset and you may get a better return by trading him instead of Julius.

I really don't know how to fix this team, maybe it's time for a new coach? This fourth quarter lapse was a problem last season as well. I just wish they would move the ball. 80% of the possessions seem to be Randle or Brunson dribbling before taking their shot. Can they get Grimes more involved?
Of coarse Randle wasn’t good last season but that has nothing to do with this season.

Tough beat in Brooklyn last night. The Knicks battled, but Kyrie was unstoppable. Man, the Nets own the Knicks.

I thought Stephen A. was going to lose it on the post game. He was spot on that the Knicks missed an game changing opportunity to acquire Donovan Mitchell from Utah.

We didn’t miss the opportunity. They were not going to give into Mitchell who demanded a trade and wanted the Knicks. They said, ok, we will trade you but to where we want to trade you too. Knicks tried. Anyway, Stephan A is such a dick

billyS

Reign of Terror
We didn’t miss the opportunity. They were not going to give into Mitchell who demanded a trade and wanted the Knicks. They said, ok, we will trade you but to where we want to trade you too. Knicks tried. Anyway, Stephan A is such a dick
Totally agree, Stephen A is a douche.

Also true a team will trade a player to the team where they can get the best package, not where the player wants to go.
I think a few guys in some other threads need to understand that.

They probably got the better package, not sure, but they were not going to trade Mitchell where he wanted to go if the packages were anywhere similar.

Last night's loss was another home debacle. Terrible play call in the last five seconds with a chance to win. Get the ball to Julius only to be double teamed by Lebron and AD? Great play call. They played poorly in OT. How can they be under .500 at the Garden?

They held Lebron to "only" 28 points, but Lebron was +22 when on the court.

I'm really frustrated with this team. They should be better than 27-25. They have won 2 out of their last 8 games. They have three tough games at home in the next five nights. Heat, Clippers, 76er's.

Too many good players on this team. (Except RJ) If no impactful changes are made to the roster and they lose in the play-in round, Thibs has to go.

I really like Grimes. He hustles his butt off and though he hasn't shown it lately, believe that he is a good shooter. The Knicks need to get him more into the offense. He's a very good defender as well.