2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Rieber in today's Newsday says it best "Keeping Stanton exclusively at the DH during the last few seasons to save his health - and, by the way, completely failing to save his health - is a perfect example of how the Yankees consistently expect less from their star players. That's often exactly what they get."

Anthony Rieber in today's Newsday says it best "Keeping Stanton exclusively at the DH during the last few seasons to save his health - and, by the way, completely failing to save his health - is a perfect example of how the Yankees consistently expect less from their star players. That's often exactly what they get."
In all honesty the best thing we could hope for is the universal DH and San Diego ( his home town area) takes him off our hands and we pay 100 million of that salary. Padres need one more big bat and one more legit starter and they could be perennial deep post season runners. Stanton mashed in that park, that SD GM loves the splashy big moves. 7 more years is insanity with him jamming up the DH spot. I brought this up earlier, and I say again, how do we sign Judge if Stanton is clogging the DH. Can't let that happen, otherwise move Judge now while his value is at its highest. But Cashman is a pussy, he falls in love with his players and prospects while they pass their expiration date.

Anyone see that lineup tonight? Geesh!!

In all honesty the best thing we could hope for is the universal DH and San Diego ( his home town area) takes him off our hands and we pay 100 million of that salary. Padres need one more big bat and one more legit starter and they could be perennial deep post season runners. Stanton mashed in that park, that SD GM loves the splashy big moves. 7 more years is insanity with him jamming up the DH spot. I brought this up earlier, and I say again, how do we sign Judge if Stanton is clogging the DH. Can't let that happen, otherwise move Judge now while his value is at its highest. But Cashman is a pussy, he falls in love with his players and prospects while they pass their expiration date.

Anyone see that lineup tonight? Geesh!!
True because that DH spot is going to be all Judge's in the bear future. How many more years do you think he is going to be able to play the outfield? He is the next Yankee full time DH.

With all the doom and gllom around the Yankees they have just won their last three series against Seattle who is decent and Houston and Boston who are two of the best teams in baseball. Heading in teh right direction! Keep on going!

O'Day out for the season, we hardly knew ya!

Another terrible signing and move by Cashman. I never understood why he signed this guy, or Wilson either. Wilson is total trash. Nitemare.
Those two signings speak to the mess this GM has created along with his analytics people.

I was all for moving Ottavino, but not for these two bums to be his replacement.

relievers are so hit and miss. Plus they have short windows. I like our pen with Chapman, Britton, Green, Loaisaga, Luetge, Cessa, Peralta -SOme good arms in there. Not tomention King and Cortes. I can't wait for Cortes to come back. He could be my favorite pitcher on this team. He may not be the best but he is the most fun to watch. I love his style. Reminds me of El Duque!

Yanks still have a run in them. They just may not be good enough this year, but I believe they have a good run in them, where Judge, Torres, maybe Stanton , has a big month, and you just never know.

O'Day out for the season, we hardly knew ya!

Another terrible signing and move by Cashman. I never understood why he signed this guy, or Wilson either. Wilson is total trash. Nitemare.
Those two signings speak to the mess this GM has created along with his analytics people.

I was all for moving Ottavino, but not for these two bums to be his replacement.
These moves were made to stay below the luxury tax. You get what you pay for I guess.

Maybe, but you gotta take care of the situation at hand Every game at this point is important. In my opinion whatever it takes to get a W is what they need to do ..

billyS

Reign of Terror
I wish Cash would get off his ass and make a deal that improves the team. We've been lucky to win four straight with this line up.
Do you really think he is not trying or it could it be the other teams are asking ridiculous prices?

All the players they are linked to have other teams pursuing them so right now I'm sure the selling teams are asking for a ransome.

Also we don't know I'd Hal has given him permission to go over the Luxury Tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.