2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game last night. Listen we all know Stanton and Hicks will miss time during the year. Hicks has NEVER ... I REPEAT ... NEVER played a full season. There is no reason to think that he will. Stanton has played a full season. The fact that he has leg issues as a DH is just crazy. Yankees have to rethink their lineup. You can't keep trotting out 150 hitting players everyday. Voit and Andujar can get a little more time. Especially Voit - he's too good not to come around. However - If this keeps up with Frazier, Hicks and Gardner - time to try Florial, Andujar - anybody else in the OF.
Gardner was a terrible resigning. He was done last year. I’m still scratching my head with Frazier. Hicks is Hicks. I don’t see him finishing out his contract. Good center fielders don’t grow on trees though, that’s why he’s here. It’s Probably why they signed Gardy. Judge will be getting hurt soon as well. The whole outfield needs to be addressed.

Gardy is a backup outfielder who can play all three spots well and has a 14 year track record of being a decent hitter. He's not supposed to be playing everyday. Teh problem is our outfield is comprised of delicate flowers making him an everyday player.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yanks call up Ryan LaMarre journeyman career .236 hitter. Is this the best they can do. Add another bum?
They are not excepting him to win the MVP just provide some coverage until Torres or Odnor come off the IL

They obviously don't want to rush Florial.

If there was a better option on the wavier wire I'm sure Cashman would be all over it, like when he grabbed Maybien a few years ago.

Teams aren't trading quality outfielders in mid May

This is why they stocked AAA with fringe players to start the season.
Look at them in Spring Training then send them to Scranton. They can be released when they are no longer needed.

They are not excepting him to win the MVP just provide some coverage until Torres or Odnor come off the IL

They obviously don't want to rush Florial.

If there was a better option on the wavier wire I'm sure Cashman would be all over it, like when he grabbed Maybien a few years ago.

Teams aren't trading quality outfielders in mid May

This is why they stocked AAA with fringe players to start the season.
Look at them in Spring Training then send them to Scranton. They can be released when they are no longer needed.
At this point not looking for an MVP. Just someone that can at least hit his weight.

SO they put him in the taxi squad because they thought he was ready. If they didn't think he was ready they would have had somebody else in the taxi squad. Point being - they must think he is ready otherwise they would not have put him on that taxi squad last year.

billyS

Reign of Terror
SO they put him in the taxi squad because they thought he was ready. If they didn't think he was ready they would have had somebody else in the taxi squad. Point being - they must think he is ready otherwise they would not have put him on that taxi squad last year.
No they put him on the Taxi squad because they didn't want the year to be a complete waste.
Shit game today - Boone simply has no clue
I don't see how you blame that game on Boone.

Status
Not open for further replies.