2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Torres out of the line up due to Covid precaution. Up to 7 cases as of now.
The only Covid comments allowed in this thread will be if they address a specific players or coaches status for that game.
Like the comment I quoted here.
This is the only context I want to see Covid mentioned.
If you you want to talk about how effective the vaccine is or if a vaccinated person can catch or spread it post it in the Covid thread.

I don't get too hyped up about liking players, I tend to lean more negative and a bit of a pessimist, but Cole is as advertised.
A lot of free agents and trade pickups come here and can't walk the walk, Cole is a beast. Hands down, gets it done and dominates physically and mentally. For me he is up there with Key, Petitte, Mo, Goose, and Catfish - Guys who got it done, no matter what.

He is worth EVERY dime they paying him.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I don't get too hyped up about liking players, I tend to lean more negative and a bit of a pessimist, but Cole is as advertised.
A lot of free agents and trade pickups come here and can't walk the walk, Cole is a beast. Hands down, gets it done and dominates physically and mentally. For me he is up there with Key, Petitte, Mo, Goose, and Catfish - Guys who got it done, no matter what.

I would throw CC in there.
He took over the postseason 2009.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The hitters need to buy into not swinging for the fences all the time.
Torres is such a good hitter when he doesn't.
I had a feeling hitting 38 homers a few years ago might fuck him up.
Now he is getting back to himself.
He has such great bat to ball skills that makes him very dangerous with men in scoring position.

Just remember the 98 team won 114 games and Tino led them with 28 homers.

The hitters need to buy into not swinging for the fences all the time.
It seems their approach has been better throughout their 15-6 streak. Hicks's game winning sac fly was a perfect example of making good contact without swinging for the fences. We didn't need his cocky bat flip.

Let's face it. They do not hit this team and last night's line-up still featured 1/3 of the line-up hitting near .200 or less.

Andujar is back at Scranton and he's putting up big numbers and playing LF. Frazier probably has through May to figure things out.

Boomer, Cone and Moose were pretty good too.

Frazier probably is on a short leash. If Andujar or FLorial show they are ready - Frazier may be sent packing,
Andujar has solid numbers and has hit 3 homers the past week. His OPS is 1.146. I usually log in daily to the SWB website. Delvi threw a shutout the other day.

Other than Andujar and Delvi, there isn't much at AAA to get excited about. I do like the Brantly kid, the catcher from spring training. Nice left handed bat.

Florial is at AA so don't expect him anytime soon. I hope Odor comes back. Has he ever played OF?

What do you guys think happens when Severino cones back? They won't go to a 6- man rotation. Who is the odd man out? Unfortunately these things work themselves out...by then someone else would probably be hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.