2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice game last night. MOnty was killing me with the walks. He would have been better off throwing the ball right over the middle of the plate. He wouldn't have given up more runs and his pitch count would have been much lower. He probably would have given up fewer runs and made it through the 5th with the win. Offense is coming around.

Nice game last night. MOnty was killing me with the walks. He would have been better off throwing the ball right over the middle of the plate. He wouldn't have given up more runs and his pitch count would have been much lower. He probably would have given up fewer runs and made it through the 5th with the win. Offense is coming around.
His control should get better as the season goes on.
It takes a while coming back from that surgery. I expect the same with Severino.
Hopefully not.
2 wins in a row should help with their confidence.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Torres is coming around. His throws are true and strong now and I noticed he is coming over the top more and really zinging it.
His one remaining problem on defense seems to be the slower hit balls.
On offense he is not over swinging as much.
The other night when he had three hits he seemed to use his two strike approach before actually getting two strikes.

The Yanks play some bad teams in the coming days. They wrap up the road trip with four in Baltimore and then three at the stadium against the Tigers. (and two remaining in Cleveland who is a terrible team)

Then it gets REAL interesting at home with series with Houston and Washington, then at Tampa for three.

So at 8-11 (which is the second worst record in the AL) They need to go at WORST 6-3 to get to .500 before Houston come to town.

Cleveland is an awful team, I am not going to get super excited over these last 3 wins. Only 5 hits tonight, whole team still is in a funk hitting wise.

Cole is legit, total gamer.

Lasagna looks really sharp, improved, and a little bigger physically this year. His stuff is filthy.

What is going on with Frazier? I am SHOCKED he has been this bad!

Higgy battles, thats what I like about him. He goes up there and isn't swinging like a wild man. Much better with him in lineup overall.

Cleveland is an awful team, I am not going to get super excited over these last 3 wins. Only 5 hits tonight, whole team still is in a funk hitting wise.

Lasagna looks really sharp, improved, and a little bigger physically this year. His stuff is filthy.

Higgy battles, thats what I like about him. He goes up there and isn't swinging like a wild man. Much better with him in lineup overall.
They went up against one of the better pitchers in the AL and won.
What goes on in April and may don’t mean shit to me. A lot of team come out hot and fade in June. Just ask met fans.
The Yankees always start out shitty.
They were terrible in the beginning of the 98 season. I believe that worked out ok. :)

At least they didn’t lose to Cleveland.
Enjoy the win. I did..

Frazier will be ok. He’s trying to do too much like the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.