2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Lol, Hicks gets a day off the day after finally hitting a home run left handed.

Frazier gets the day off too but wouldn't have made more sense to give him the day off vs. one of the better right handed pitchers in baseball yesterday? I was surprised to see him in the lineup last night vs Bieber.

You would have thought that after beating the Indians three straight that perhaps the bats would come around.

Nope, another game where the offense managed all of four hits versus Matt Harvey and the Orioles. (Harvey did pitch well)

The best hitter on the team is Higi with his .286 batting average, .828 slugging and 1.210 OPS (only 25 pa)

I don't want to hear David Cone tell me that the players are having better at bats and are close to being productive.

DJ .250
AJ .250
GIO .264 (He's been decent)

Sanchez .192
Stanton .192
Hicks .162
Frazier .164
Gardy .184
Ford .133
Odor .159
Torres .208
Tauchman.214

It's time to remove the batting coach.

Wow surprised at that deal...thought they liked Tauchman.
They did but were out of options and by signing Gardner he did not have opportunities to play. Expect Wade to be called up to fill the spot.

I think he will do well in San Francisco.

Peralta gives the Yankees left handed relief depth. He is a guy who can give you a few innings should a starter have an early exit.

It seems that the Giants got the better deal but there is a player to be named later joining the Yanks.

This Peralta has some positive stats. I forget what they were ... who knows ... worth a look. BY the way - I am loving Loaisaga. The pen is really doing well ... excpet Nick Nelson. They have to find a way to get Michael King in the mix. He has done nothign but pitch great. 9 innings and no runs. HIs last outing he walked a few - but none scored. I think I read he just got called up. They sent Garcia down since they don't need a 6th starter any more.

I didn't think Wade could get any worse, but him not being able to get that bunt down was a total joke. This guy is more worthy of a bench spot then Tauchman? I would have rather seen Tauchman up there then Wade. When will the love affair end with this cupcake? He is minor league fodder.

Peralta is more worthy as a 4th lefty with a career era of almost 5, then Tauchman because of 1 option. I don't get it or that deal Cashman made.

Judge K's pinch hitting in the 8th, Stanton goes down swinging with men on in the 9th. Ford whiffs in the 10th with runner on 2nd. Its the same story over and over. I can actually predict how Stanton will go down, Fastball down the middle, soft stuff away, high heat - usually in 4 pitches and its a wrap for him.

Cici, Didi, Kahnle, Tanaka, Tauchman - All solid personalities that are gone. This team has no personality or oomph. No pizzazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.