2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or has Andujar slimmed down a bunch? Nice oppo field double today, like seeing him hit to all fields. Maybe he makes it as a bench player and can conjure up that rookie year in terms of production.
I hope so but it will be tough. Competing against Inciarte, LoCastro, Gonzalez for that last outfield spot. I think Inciarte makes the team. That was a great roll of the dice.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I never heard anyone call Spencer the next Mantle, Mass either.

The only one I remember was Bobby Murcer.
His was really a burden because Mantle had just retired and the Yankees sucked and needed a savior. They would always point out the similarities like they were both from Oklahoma, both signed by the same scout, both moved out of the infield because of throwing problems.

Both came up as Shortstops, although Murcer began the 1969 season at 3B but kept throwing the ball in the stands.

Spencer was called up in late 1998, and in only 27 games hit 10 home runs along with 27 rbi's. There was some a lot of hype at the time.

Tom Tresh was also touted as the next Mickey Mantle, before Bobby Murcer.

His was really a burden because Mantle had just retired and the Yankees sucked and needed a savior. They would always point out the similarities like they were both from Oklahoma, both signed by the same scout, both moved out of the infield because of throwing problems.

Both came up as Shortstops, although Murcer began the 1969 season at 3B but kept throwing the ball in the stands.
s-l1600.jpg

Bobby Murcer was really good and was probably my first favorite Yankee. I wonder what would have happened if they kept him. How maybe his career may have been better. He was crushed when they traded him.

Bobby Murcer was really good and was probably my first favorite Yankee. I wonder what would have happened if they kept him. How maybe his career may have been better. He was crushed when they traded him.
Murcer was a fave of mine as well, loved him in the booth too. Weird how that deal was the precursor to their championships in 77-78.
Bonds got moved to the Angels for Rivers and Figueroa, both key pieces on those championship teams.

I saw some highlights from the Yankees - Blue Jays debacle yesterday. Kikuchi was absolutely dealing, striking out four in the two innings pitched. He had wicked stuff. I hope yesterday's game isn't a precursor of what lies ahead. I wish we had signed him.

Well - if Cashman can't pull of getting Montas or Manaea at least I know that pretty much gives Cortez the 5th spot. They have an absolute hard on for Taillon so they are giving him a spot no matter how bad he pitches this spring.

<<Not a Yankee Hater also Not a big Yankee Fan either. HUGE BAseball Fan
Just curious after last years roller coaster how exactly do you even trust Cole? BTW met Cole almost 4 years ago in Houston. Kind of a Douche
As a Yankee fan I don't trust Cole. He has faltered in a few BIG spots already in his brief Yankees career. I hope he is behind all the sticky stuff crap and will compete up to his contract. If not, its going to be a bad look for Cashman and will be ROUGH for Cole. Yesterday's first start didn't look so hot either. I am sure it was more to get some work in, fingers crossed. Yankees go nowhere without him being dominant.

He does imo, come off a bit pompous in interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.