TROUT 162 721 592 124 181 34 6 40 105 26 111 153 .306 .421 .587 1.008 178 348

MANTLE TROUT
ROY 0 1
AS 9 *8
MVP 2 3
top 5 MVP 6 9

Oh yeah and in between Mantle & Trout there was The Kid/Junior

As a Non Mets fan but as a Mets / Yankees Fan
The Mets are the ones who should have kept Rosario for the 1 year > NOT signed Lindor and went after Correa this year.
All I know is that my Reds seem to have a penchant for supplying players to eventual Playoff teams / WS Finalists/Winners for the past 10 years
It's getting fucking depressing.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Aww what the hell I got a minute

AVG162 games G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB
MANTLE 162 703 578 130 179 27 7 38 108 13 119 118 .310 .427 .577 1.004 176 334
TROUT 162 721 592 124 181 34 6 40 105 26 111 153 .306 .421 .587 1.008 178 348

MANTLE TROUT
ROY 0 1
AS 9 *8
MVP 2 3
top 5 MVP 6 9

Oh yeah and in between Mantle & Trout there was The Kid/Junior
When your comparing Mantle/Trout 162 game average remember your looking at Mantle's full career including his last few down years that drag those numbers down, while Trout is still in his prime.

A better comparison would be their numbers thru the an equivalent number of years, Trouts career to Mantle's at the same point.

Also, when Mantle was in his prime the season was only 154 games

Also your chart is wrong, Mantle had 3 MVP and about 18 All Star games.

Don't get me wrong, I think Trout is a great player and wish he had started his career with the Yankees.
But it's a different game now. Trout is only 30 and they are talking about moving him off center field to a corner.

We have heard that alot over the years...the next ( fill in name here). Lol
Yes, there have a few through the years, Greg Bird, Frazier and Torres. But not that many was big as hype of Volpe. Maybe because the Yankees are looking for a miracle there is added pressure on this kid?

I think Severino was the last really big hyped prospect.

When your comparing Mantle/Trout 162 game average remember your looking at Mantle's full career including his last few down years that drag those numbers down, while Trout is still in his prime.

A better comparison would be their numbers thru the an equivalent number of years, Trouts career to Mantle's at the same point.

Don't get me wrong, I think Trout is a great player and wish he had started his career with the Yankees.
But it's a different game now. Trout is only 30 and they are talking about moving him off center field to a corner.
And Mantle's number's would have been significantly better if he wasn't out drinking every night with Billy Martin.

Marwin Gonzalez signed by the Yankees to a minor league deal.
He could be good depth.

At this point as a fan I'm just going to get over who they didn't get and try to look at the positives. Expanded playoffs can cause a weaker team that gets hot at the right time to do damage.

Last year at this time they were picked by SI to go the World Series and loose to the Dodgers. I'm sure when this year's issue comes out they will either be the last WC team or on the outside looking in.
I agree with you, at this point I am going to stop bitching and just see what happens. I am thankful we have baseball.

Shocked to see Taillon start today and pitch two solid innings. I thought he was a month or two away. Cortes looked great in the 3rd.

I’m loving Cameron Maybin as part of the Yes team. Great personality.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Shocked to see Taillon start today and pitch two solid innings. I thought he was a month or two away. Cortes looked great in the 3rd.

I’m loving Cameron Maybin as part of the Yes team. Great personality.
Yeah somebody here said Taillon wasn't going to be ready until May so I guess that's not true.
As of now the Yankees are saying their rotation is Cole, Sevy, Monty, Tailion and Cortez.

billyS

Reign of Terror
None of these starters will go far when the season starts, lots of relievers and bullpen games until they build up. Thats why a guy like King or Schmidt could be important for us. They can go multiple innings.
I think if they get one of the Oakland guys Nestor becomes a bulk guy because his arm can handle it and he just gives another look mid game.

Yeah somebody here said Taillon wasn't going to be ready until May so I guess that's not true.
As of now the Yankees are saying their rotation is Cole, Sevy, Monty, Tailion and Cortez.
Add Luis Gil to the list If he can master his control issues. He was great those first few starts last season.

You miss read my post sir.
I stated that those numbers were based on Exactly what you’re suggesting. The equivalent number of years from year two of their career through year 10.

This is also the reason for the number of MVPs /AllStars being different.

To be fair I had said this the previous post Not the one I rattled off the stats:
“Mickey Mantle>>Mike Trout (Check Out How Earily Similar years 2-10 are and both from age 20-28)”

Agreed, but it took four top prospects to land Olson. I'm curious as to what the asking price will be.
Olson was the get for this team during this off season. If it cost Volpe then so be it. But they needed to attach one of the MnM arms and the CF Laureano if the get was Volpe. Can't keep all the prospects, not all pan out. We know that all too well as Yankee fans.

Is it me or has Andujar slimmed down a bunch? Nice oppo field double today, like seeing him hit to all fields. Maybe he makes it as a bench player and can conjure up that rookie year in terms of production.

Olson was the get for this team during this off season. If it cost Volpe then so be it. But they needed to attach one of the MnM arms and the CF Laureano if the get was Volpe. Can't keep all the prospects, not all pan out. We know that all too well as Yankee fans.

Is it me or has Andujar slimmed down a bunch? Nice oppo field double today, like seeing him hit to all fields. Maybe he makes it as a bench player and can conjure up that rookie year in terms of production.
The next Mantle. Lol.
Andujar will always hit

To be fair I had said this the previous post Not the one I rattled off the stats:
“Mickey Mantle>>Mike Trout (Check Out How Earily Similar years 2-10 are and both from age 20-28)”
Even if Trout becomes the much better player than Mantle. My point was people must have said the next Mantle like 20 times. Many Yankee prospects, He’ll, there were even a few Met Prospects that were the next Mantle. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.