2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mets have to win a World Series during his contract to validate over paying.
You say that about Cole, you can say that about any big signing by any team. . Not that I disagree with you, But my Yank friends said that when they took on Stantons contract. I give the Yanks credit for trying, Just like I give the Mets credit for trying.

Glad he is out of the Division, just in case this year wasn't a fluke.

Toronto now lost Semien and Ray and picked up Glausman.
I'd say they are weaker, but still a threat.
Highly doubt that they're done. But if they are, you're right, much weaker. Gausman will get lit up in the AL East and the smaller parks.

With the majority of the pitchers off the table, do the Yanks sign Stroman? If Ray signed for 115mil/5 years, Stroman would be 100mil/5 years. They need to add a starting pitcher this off season with Kluber’s departure.

It’s been frustrating, but all of these signings to date seem kind of crazy.

Yankees can't go into the season with the same team as last year. It's all Monopoly $$ just get something done.
You would have too think they are going to make a few big moves.
Are they waiting on Correa's number to fall? Or is it Story they have wanted this entire time with his price dropping? Will they pounce on Freeman and make him a huge offer??

Castellanos, Schwarber, and Bryant are all still out there. Are the working a deal to move Gallo or Gio to fit Castellano or Bryant? Cashman has long loved Schwarber. Chris Taylor maybe?

Starting pitcher I think will have to come via trade, Stroman out there. Not happening. Kershaw too, but he is an injury risk.

Love Mullins. He's Mickey Rivers with power.
He's the same age and same stage of his career as Rivers when the Yankees got him from California.
Olsen is also a perfect fit.
Shit, those two plus Seager and all of the sudden you have a balanced lineup.
Then sign Scherzer for six years $50 million a year, give Ray ten years for $45 million a year.
Trade Sanchez to the Reds for Castillo.
Then at least we can compete next year.
Please tell me you were NOT SERIOUS about those offers??

billyS

Reign of Terror
Javier Baez 6yrs $140/mil to the Tigers.
I knew he was going to take a discount to play second base for the Mets.

Tigers were all in on Correa. Makes you wonder why they switched up.

You have to figure he wants as much as Lindor but since it's a year later probably shooting for more.

So probably 10 years, 360 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.