2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big loss for the Yankees regarding Marte, I liked him a lot as a potential spark plug at top of the order and great defense in CF.

Not sure what they Yankees plans are but WTF?!
The Marte signing really surprised me.

My gut feeling is that a trade package including Gleyber Torres and high level prospects will happen before they dip into the FA market, specifically at shortstop. I hope the looming CBA agreement isn't the reason that they have been quiet.

My gut feeling is that a trade package including Gleyber Torres and high level prospects will happen before they dip into the FA market, specifically at shortstop. I hope the looming CBA agreement isn't the reason that they have been quiet.
Surprised me too, but good For the Mets. They still need a few more pieces, I am guessing that would end bringing back Baez? They need rotation and bullpen help more than 2B. Or do they resign Conforto and put Cahna at 3b?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Surprised me too, but good For the Mets. They still need a few more pieces, I am guessing that would end bringing back Baez? They need rotation and bullpen help more than 2B. Or do they resign Conforto and put Cahna at 3b?
Why would they do that? Cahna doesn't play third.

billyS

Reign of Terror

Looks like Cashman is doing what he usually does and letting the market come to him.

The only exceptions over the last fifteen years have been Sabathia and Cole and that's because they were very much in demand and he wanted an ace.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Big loss for the Yankees regarding Marte,
I don't think so.

And before anyone accuses me of bashing the Mets I already have posts since the season ended that I didn't like Marte or Semien long term because they are older guys coming off career years that they won't duplicate.

Marte is a speed guy who will play his age 34 thru 37 years at about 18 mil a year.

A guy like that has value if he is a July 31 pick up with an expiring contract, but not a four year investment.

I don't think so.

And before anyone accuses me of bashing the Mets I already have posts since the season ended that I didn't like Marte or Semien long term because they are older guys coming off career years that they won't duplicate.

Marte is a speed guy who will play his age 34 thru 37 years at about 18 mil a year.

A guy like that has value if he is a July 31 pick up with an expiring contract, but not a four year investment.
I see your point, but only if they go out and get Mullins. CAN'T have Hicks in CF as our starter. Or Sanchez behind the plate, or Simmons as our starting SS.

I can live with Voit or Rizzo as opposed to Olsen, but those 3 positions need to be addressed.

Marte seems to be a bit of a freak of nature, dude is Jacked. Mets are paying for it with that 4th year guaranteed. I get that, but they had to make some moves and it looks like a few more pitching signings may be in the works.

Looks like Cashman is doing what he usually does and letting the market come to him.

The only exceptions over the last fifteen years have been Sabathia and Cole and that's because they were very much in demand and he wanted an ace.
He better not wait too long, otherwise there won't be much left.

I don't think so.

I would have taken him on the Yankees.

The yanks Supposedly are in on the Cedric Mullins trade talks.
The Os want a lot. I’d give pretty much whatever They want.

Stroman is whining that the Mets don’t want him. It speaks volumes about him Considering his numbers are decent and the fact that they already lost Matt’s to the Card’s.

I don't think so.

I disagree. Provided Marte isnt lying about his age. Athlethes nowadays spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to extend their careers. I'm not worried about years 1 &2 slightly worried about yr 3 and yr 4 yes im worried about just the last year.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I disagree. Provided Marte isnt lying about his age. Athlethes nowadays spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to extend their careers. I'm not worried about years 1 &2 slightly worried about yr 3 and yr 4 yes im worried about just the last year.
I think along the same lines years wise, I figure first year at least they are getting a prime year which should work for the Mets.

The team isn't rebuilding, but rather reloading and their main stars are in their primes so they should be good to go.

Tuesday 11/30 we will find out if Andujar, Sanchez and Voit are non-tendered.
Just read its looking like Sanchez could be tendered, if not they think he ends up in Miami.

Nevin is now Angels 3B coach.

It would be nice if the Yanks did SOMETHING. It's either going to all come at once with a bunch of moves and announcements, or maybe we won't be getting that many new shiny toys this offseason.

Please NO Buxton on our team, he is hurt just as much as Hicks is.

It would be nice if the Yanks did SOMETHING. It's either going to all come at once with a bunch of moves and announcements, or maybe we won't be getting that many new shiny toys this offseason.
If a deal with Oakland or Baltimore doesn’t happen, there will be more tinkering without a splash. Gardy will probably be back. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.