2020 Yankees

I read somewhere that Cashman stated the third base position is for Urshela to lose. If true, that doesn't bode well for Andujar. I have a feeling that the Yankees are going to pull off a blockbuster trade considering the chips that they possess.

Andujar can rake, guy hit 50 doubles two years ago, imagine if he played this past season with the juiced balls, he may have hit 40 hrs. I would be real hesitant to trade him. I just don't think Urshela suddenly learned how to hit. He is the guy I would trade if there is a market for him.

Andujar can rake, guy hit 50 doubles two years ago, imagine if he played this past season with the juiced balls, he may have hit 40 hrs. I would be real hesitant to trade him. I just don't think Urshela suddenly learned how to hit. He is the guy I would trade if there is a market for him.
But Andujar has so much more value. (and he has flaws, weak defense, low OBP) Would you include him and Delvi Garcia if it involved Lindor or Castillo from the Reds?

The Yankees need an impact player to improve their roster and increase their chances to win a championship. With the chips they hold, they may land one.

I would not trade him. With defense like that?

But Andujar has so much more value. (and he has flaws, weak defense, low OBP) Would you include him and Delvi Garcia if it involved Lindor or Castillo from the Reds?

The Yankees need an impact player to improve their roster and increase their chances to win a championship. With the chips they hold, they may land one.
I agree, but they do have several impact players, wouldn't you say? Unless you are talking about an impact pitcher.

Not both for Lindor, rather wait two years and see if I can sign him as a free agent. I would do Andujar and others for Lindor, but we really need an ace arm. SO in order to get both Andujar and Garcia, it would have to be an absolute stud, like DeGrom.

Interesting points raised today by Joel Sherman on Chris Russo's High Heat.

1 - The free agent pitching crop for 2020 and 2021 is relatively weak, with the best being older veteran pitchers. Kershaw, Scherzer, Thor.

2 - Both Tanaka & Paxton will be free agents next year.

The Yankees must respond with urgency to acquire one of the two studs in today's market. Assuming they don't sign either Tanaka or Paxton their rotation for 2021 is dicey.

Interesting points raised today by Joel Sherman on Chris Russo's High Heat.

1 - The free agent pitching crop for 2020 and 2021 is relatively weak, with the best being older veteran pitchers. Kershaw, Scherzer, Thor.

2 - Both Tanaka & Paxton will be free agents next year.

The Yankees must respond with urgency to acquire one of the two studs in today's market. Assuming they don't sign either Tanaka or Paxton their rotation for 2021 is dicey.
Yanks are hand cuffed by Stanton right now, that is the one fucking deal that Cashman should be fired for, this deal is going to fuck us for next 7 years! I can let go of Igawa, Vasquez (Twice), Weaver, Pavano, Wright, but Why bring this prima donna on after we just got rid of A Rod. We would be in such better shape if not for Stanton. I honestly don't feel like they're going to land Stras, Cole, Bum, or Ryu. Holding out hope for Wheeler, but I read today his Market could go as high as 120 million with Twins and White Sox bidding against each other. Can't see him in either uniform, but Green looks good on everyone.

They will move some big parts for a solid arm or two. Robbie Ray comes to mind. Maybe trade for a reliever, but I don't see them paying Cole or Strasburg. Maybe resign Paxton, possibly Tanaka on a short, team friendly deal. He's been a good yankee. I trust him in big spots. He has proven his worth.

Yanks are hand cuffed by Stanton right now
That should not be a factor. They are built to win now. There will not be an opportunity in the foreseeable future to land a real ace.

Cashman has kept this team seriously competitive this decade. Have they come up short? Sure, but you can't argue the fact they have been one of the best teams in baseball the past few seasons.

They are going to have to pay Sanchez, Judge, Gleyber in the future as well. Probably DJ too.

EB,
I am die hard like you, I am also way more pessimistic. No chance we sign Cole or Stras. Hal watches his money, George loved spending it. They're two totally different personalities living in 2 totally different generations.

Last ten years Yankees have won more games than any other franchise, but like in the 80's - no championships. So that tells me they're NOT spending their money wisely. Look at Arod, Elsbury, Stanton etc.

As far as Sanchez goes, I wouldn't pay him a dirty shit heel plantain after his contract runs out. Romine should be retained on a 4 - 5 year deal at 25 million and be the starting catcher batting 9th. He calls a better game, is better defensively, has been healthier, and makes more contact, and will cost considerably less, even if Sanchez still hits his empty 30 hrs and bats 240 next 2 seasons.

Pay Judge, Gleyber, Extend DJ a year or two.

Since the Hot Stove is more like a Cold Oven right now, with the holidays fast approaching, who do you guys want most on your wish lists?

Be interesting to read some of your opinions and favorite free agents.

If Santa could find a taker for the "Joanne-Carlo" doll in the land of Misfit Toys it would make this Yankee fan very happy.

Instead of Dreidel's on the first day of Hanukkah I would want a Lanky quasi ginger, no not Ed Sheehan, But Zack "Hot Wheels" Wheeler

On the First day of Christmas a Bumgarner in a pear tree would bring me glee

Dashing Through The Snow, in a one horse open sleigh, I Hope There is a Betances on his way....Back on a 1 year prove it deal, he has a LOT to prove.

I don't want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, just a Joey Votto bat to offset all the right handed power, and take lots of walks for those power bats.

If there is one more wish on my list, it's my Kwanza wish of Cashman finding a great deal for a starter using Andujar, Frazier, and maybe another prospect so we don't overpay for Coal (Cole) or Strasburg.

Happy Holidays !!

Since the Hot Stove is more like a Cold Oven right now, with the holidays fast approaching, who do you guys want most on your wish lists?

Be interesting to read some of your opinions and favorite free agents.

If Santa could find a taker for the "Joanne-Carlo" doll in the land of Misfit Toys it would make this Yankee fan very happy.

Instead of Dreidel's on the first day of Hanukkah I would want a Lanky quasi ginger, no not Ed Sheehan, But Zack "Hot Wheels" Wheeler

On the First day of Christmas a Bumgarner in a pear tree would bring me glee

Dashing Through The Snow, in a one horse open sleigh, I Hope There is a Betances on his way....Back on a 1 year prove it deal, he has a LOT to prove.

I don't want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, just a Joey Votto bat to offset all the right handed power, and take lots of walks for those power bats.

If there is one more wish on my list, it's my Kwanza wish of Cashman finding a great deal for a starter using Andujar, Frazier, and maybe another prospect so we don't overpay for Coal (Cole) or Strasburg.

Happy Holidays !!
Cole (coal) in my stocking

I heard on the MLB station that Cashman told Cole and Scott Boras that "The money will be there". That isn't always enough. PLus should Cole blow out his arm in the first year we will have ZERO payroll room to replace him. I am unsure how I would feel about another $300 mill contract (or more).