2020 Yankees

I have to respectfully disagree EB.

Boone is no hall of fame manager, far from it, but he did way more, with way less than Baldelli did, and won more regular season games, AND swept his ass in the ALDS.
I respectfully disagree with you. The Yankees were always going to be the superior team and were dramatically improved with off season transactions of Ottovino, Britton, Paxton, DJ, and even Happ. They were the early favorites to win the WS because of these transactions.

Baldelli improved his team by 23 wins. Not bad for a first year manager.

Boone benefited from an incredible array of gm transactions which gave him the tools to win. I'm sure that he did an amazing job in the clubhouse. For all of the projected 2019 Yankees starters who missed time, each one of them was replaced of equal value and in some instances for the better. Boone did a GREAT job, don't get me wrong, but he was blessed with a front office that had created this depth.

The playoffs were a mute point in the voting.

I respectfully disagree with you. The Yankees were always going to be the superior team and were dramatically improved with off season transactions of Ottovino, Britton, Paxton, DJ, and even Happ. They were the early favorites to win the WS because of these transactions.

Baldelli improved his team by 23 wins. Not bad for a first year manager.

Boone benefited from an incredible array of gm transactions which gave him the tools to win. I'm sure that he did an amazing job in the clubhouse. For all of the projected 2019 Yankees starters who missed time, each one of them was replaced of equal value and in some instances for the better. Boone did a GREAT job, don't get me wrong, but he was blessed with a front office that had created this depth.

The playoffs were a mute point in the voting.
Yes, but it's not "Front Office of the Year, or GM of the Year" It's Manager of the year, considering the rash of injuries, the division in which the Yankees play in, I think he did a better job overall and got humped. But you did call Baldelli a few weeks ago in one of your previous posts, so kudos for that.

Are you foreseeing any Cole/Strasburg/Wheeler/MadBum in your crystal ball??

I don’t think Andujar can be worse than Stanton in left or Voit at first
You may be surprised...lol... Is he athletic enough to play the outfield? I hate to admit this, and told tell Steve I said this, but I think Stanton will have a really good year next year, Offensively for sure, and will be better defensively than he has shown with the Yanks.

I have to respectfully disagree EB.

Where would the Twinkies be if they had lost Berrios or Odorizzi? But they didn't and we had NO Severino all year.

Where would the they be if they had lost say Kapler or Rosario all year? They didn't, we lost Judge, Hicks, and Stanton - the latter two for most of the year.

What if they lost Schoop, Cron, or Rosario for more than 25 games this year? Well, they didn't, we lost Didi for 80 plus, Voit for 40 plus, Andujar for 140 plus, not too mention Sanchez for over 50 games.

Lets not forget we didn't have our All Star set up man Betances all year either.

I'm not saying you are wrong, all I am saying is when you look at it from another perspective, Boone got humped, and it certainly had to do with some yankee hating in the higher ranks of the voting. Boone is no hall of fame manager, far from it, but he did way more, with way less than Baldelli did, and won more regular season games, AND swept his ass in the ALDS.
I hear what you're saying, and Boone deserves credit for holding things together (coming in 2nd doesn't bring a trophy but it is recognition). However all these points about players going down and being replaced by guys who stepped up speaks more to the GM constructing a roster that has depth, talented minor league talent, and the ability to take on salary dumps via trade.

So with that said, the MLB Executive of the Yeae award goes to.....

Rays GM Erik Neander :eek:

Cashman came in second as well. It's tough to argue with a GM that has a team winning 95+ games on a shoestring budget. Cashman built a solid ball club, but when you can spend $220 million or whatever in payroll it's tough to give him the edge against a guy winning a playoff spot in the AL East on the league's smallest payroll.

Yes, but it's not "Front Office of the Year, or GM of the Year" It's Manager of the year, considering the rash of injuries, the division in which the Yankees play in, I think he did a better job overall and got humped. But you did call Baldelli a few weeks ago in one of your previous posts, so kudos for that.

Are you foreseeing any Cole/Strasburg/Wheeler/MadBum in your crystal ball??
Perhaps Wheeler. I see us getting jilted by the others.

So with that said, the MLB Executive of the Yeae award goes to.....

Rays GM Erik Neander :eek:

It's tough to argue with a GM that has a team winning 95+ games on a shoestring budget. Cashman built a solid ball club, but when you can spend $220 million or whatever in payroll it's tough to give him the edge against a guy winning a playoff spot in the AL East on the league's smallest payroll.
And taking the Astros to a game five and beating Oakland at home to get there. The Rays were a fun team to watch all season with great pitching.

Cashman came in second as well.
The Yankees will not win a world championship until they build an offense with more balance. Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Hicks and whoever the 1B/DH is, strike out too often which is a recipe for disaster when facing elite playoff pitching.

I know this could never happen, but I would dangle Sanchez for the right deal.

The Yankees will not win a world championship until they build an offense with more balance. Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Hicks and whoever the 1B/DH is, strike out too often which is a recipe for disaster when facing elite playoff pitching.

I know this could never happen, but I would dangle Sanchez for the right deal.
Can't agree with you more. They need to play to more contact and less feast or famine. More DJ type of contact hitters.

I would move Sanchez in the right deal as well, he strikes out so much and disappeared again in the playoffs, not too mention is always hurt. They can def get by with Romine and the Japanese guy backing him up. Find a taker for Voit, send Stanton to LA, Cashman is the early fave for executive of the year.

Can't agree with you more. They need to play to more contact and less feast or famine. More DJ type of contact hitters.

I would move Sanchez in the right deal as well, he strikes out so much and disappeared again in the playoffs, not too mention is always hurt. They can def get by with Romine and the Japanese guy backing him up. Find a taker for Voit, send Stanton to LA, Cashman is the early fave for executive of the year.
Cashman is in love with Sanchez. I'm not sure why. He sucked in the post season. He should be the dh.
Stanton has a no trade. He's not going anywhere. I give him credit for trying to play vs Houston. They should have kept him off the roster but he talked his way on. He's a decent outfielder when healthy. Unfortunately he's never healthy.

You would think Stanton would have some pride. However ... he has worked hard at convincing me he is a piece of shit with no guts. If he had half the guts of O-Neil he would be extremely good.
I hear you. My opinion, you will never love him, ( unless he wins you a WS ) But I think you will be at least happy with his production this year.

Cashman is in love with Sanchez. I'm not sure why. He sucked in the post season. He should be the dh.
Stanton has a no trade. He's not going anywhere. I give him credit for trying to play vs Houston. They should have kept him off the roster but he talked his way on. He's a decent outfielder when healthy. Unfortunately he's never healthy.
I agree with you. He is not bad defensively. he will never win a gold glove but he is a little bit under rated... You are right, I agree, when healthy, he is OK.

I would move Sanchez in the right deal as well, he strikes out so much and disappeared again in the playoffs, not too mention is always hurt.
Just get the feeling that he will break down sooner than later. It seems he is always playing hurt and with that his production disappears.

I wonder if he could handle first base?

I really want DJ at first, or try Miggy there. I am not a big Voit fan, and I am sure Bird will be non tendered. Sanchez at first could work, not crazy. He is just not a great catcher at this point, and I am no physician, but maybe all that squatting is attributing to all his leg injuries? IDK

Yanks have A LOT OF WORK TO DO
And if I haven't said it yet, FUCK THOSE CHEATING ASSHOLES, I MEAN ASTROS! Karma is a bitch, and whistles at you when you least expect it....Pun Intended.