2020 Yankees

If they win - it won't be the same as if it was a full season .... BUT .. I will still enjoy it. I have been watching and enjoying it. I don't see or even know if Hicks and Stanton are kneeling during the anthem ... so I am enjoying this season ... so far. PS ... I really don't like all these new rule changes.
They did kneel. I hear you about the rules. And you should be enjoying them. You're a fan. I agree with everything you said. It wont be the same, but, you will still enjoy and enjoy more when they win.

Yanks now have their next Greg Nettles.
I hope Steve doesnt see me complementing a Yank.
I know I said it last year but this guy is a stud. It almost doesnt matter what he hits. anything is a bonus. If someone say he is one of the better defensive 3rd baseman, that statement would be wrong and it has to say, he is in the top 3 in the game. it really doesnt matter the order, 1 , 2 or 3. If Billy says he is the best, he would have no argument from me. When you have a defensive player this good, he needs to play. I am becoming a Big Urshela fan, just like I was a huge Nettles fan growing up as a Mets fan.

I've said it before, the Yankees front office has done an amazing job of finding talent at little cost. Urshela, Voit, Tauchman have been outstanding. Assuming Tauchman as a starter, that's a third of the line-up that came out of nowhere.

I agree with you Excitable Boy - ... BUT ... let's not forget Cashman's bad deals ... LIke the Hicks and Severino contracts, Ellsbury, Kei Eigawa (NO! I will never forget). There are more .... I just can't think of them all. He is covered by lots of money that can eat those bad contracts. Urshella is a very nice player. Seems to be able to hit 300 and with some production. Love him. We need less Hicks and more Tauchman!

Steve - I disagree with you about the Hicks and Severino. It's way too early to judge their signings and their injuries could not be foreseen. When Seve returns he'll be a dominant starter, he's only 26. I like Hicks and the signing was financially reasonable. They received Hicks for a back up catcher from the Twins, so it was another steal.

The good deals/signings the Yankees have made clearly out number the bad deals.

I agree with you Excitable Boy - ... BUT ... let's not forget Cashman's bad deals ... LIke the Hicks and Severino contracts, Ellsbury, Kei Eigawa (NO! I will never forget). There are more .... I just can't think of them all. He is covered by lots of money that can eat those bad contracts. Urshella is a very nice player. Seems to be able to hit 300 and with some production. Love him. We need less Hicks and more Tauchman!
With Urshela's Defense, he is more than a nice player. But I agree with everything else you said... Except Poor guy got injured. 26 year old stud, have to sign him and hope for the best. I wouldnt put him a a bad signing at all.

Steve - I disagree with you about the Hicks and Severino. It's way too early to judge their signings and their injuries could not be foreseen. When Seve returns he'll be a dominant starter, he's only 26. I like Hicks and the signing was financially reasonable. They received Hicks for a back up catcher from the Twins, so it was another steal.

The good deals/signings the Yankees have made clearly out number the bad deals.
I agree 100%.
The hicks deal was a no brainer.
He's decent in center. Hits with power from both sides of the plate. Plays hurt. His teammates love him and they extended him for 10 million per.
Chump change for the yanks.
There also wasn't any other guys they liked coming out in free agency when they extended him.
Guys can't compare him to the Elsbury deal.

They need another starter.
Happ is still struggling from last year. He's done.
I'd rather see a kid in his spot. Can't be any worse.

I'd extend Tanaka before he hits
The market.

I have to disagree LIKE CRAZY!!!! Hicks has NEVER played a full season. How can you say his injuries could not be foreseen? He has been injured EVERY SINGLE YEAR OF HIS CAREER! As far as Severino goes ... ALl pitchers are delicate ... Severino s a small guy. Also - both players were under club control for another year. Cashman's policy had been he would NEVER extend a player till he is no longer under club control. He made an exception for 2 players - Hicks and Severino and it bit him in the ass hard. Look - lets see what happens with Severino - I like him as a player .... but the contract was a mistake. If he didn't extend them - both players would still be here and at significantly less money.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I agree 100%.
The hicks deal was a no brainer.
He's decent in center. Hits with power from both sides of the plate. Plays hurt. His teammates love him and they extended him for 10 million per.
Chump change for the yanks.
There also wasn't any other guys they liked coming out in free agency when they extended him.
Guys can't compare him to the Elsbury deal.

They need another starter.
Happ is still struggling from last year. He's done.
I'd rather see a kid in his spot. Can't be any worse.

I'd extend Tanaka before he hits
The market.
Great points.

I have to disagree LIKE CRAZY!!!! Hicks has NEVER played a full season. How can you say his injuries could not be foreseen? He has been injured EVERY SINGLE YEAR OF HIS CAREER! As far as Severino goes ... ALl pitchers are delicate ... Severino s a small guy. Also - both players were under club control for another year. Cashman's policy had been he would NEVER extend a player till he is no longer under club control. He made an exception for 2 players - Hicks and Severino and it bit him in the ass hard. Look - lets see what happens with Severino - I like him as a player .... but the contract was a mistake. If he didn't extend them - both players would still be here and at significantly less money.
Who cares what they pay a player. If it doesn't work out they get someone else.
That's one of the great things about this organization. A bad contract or two. Doesn't stop them for trying another guy.
Even when they try to stay under the cap.