2020 Yankees

Well - he didcome near the $400 mill .. but for 12 years????? What a BAAAAAAAD mistake by the Dodgers. They will be regretting this contract within 3 years.
He's 27 and has been constantly productive. Not to mention he's exciting, hasn't had any problems on/off the field, will sell plenty of merchandise for them, does good charity work and has been noted to be a good guy in the clubhouse.

Why would the Dodgers regret this in 3 years?

Ellsbury's contract was 7 years for 115 mill. TINY in comparison. When Cano said he wanted 10 years I was thrilled to see Cashman say no. Seattle got 4 decent years out of him. SO Seattle regretted that one after 4 years. Betts and Cano are very similar. I guess we will find out. Let's not forget at some point these teams realize that they can't throw away money. remember what the Yanks went through at the end of the A-rod contract? You may see the Dodgers do the same thing. Yanks can buy out Ellsbury for $5 mill this offseason and finally be done with him. Betts isn't going away for 12 years. He has no opt out.

He's 27 and has been constantly productive. Not to mention he's exciting, hasn't had any problems on/off the field, will sell plenty of merchandise for them, does good charity work and has been noted to be a good guy in the clubhouse.

Why would the Dodgers regret this in 3 years?
You could have said the same exact thing about Cano.

You could have said the same exact thing about Cano.
I agree Steve. I was kind of saying the Yanks can afford to take those chances. Again, If Ellsbury, helped win a WS his first year, and then sucked and had all those injuries, I have to think the Yanks would have thought the signing was worth it...In saying that, I would have liked to see how Ellsbury would have done if he was healthy during his contract. He was really good. I cant even blame them for taking the chance on him, except looking back, most players with an injury history, always have history with injuries. They cant all work out.

I would love to see this lineup stay intact all year. Just relentless.
And DJ will be back soon. I wish that Boone would platoon Voit and Ford. Ford’s left handed power is a huge asset.

I’m guessing that Gardy won’t face left handed pitching with Andujar, Tauchmann, Frazier on the bench.

billyS

Reign of Terror
And DJ will be back soon. I wish that Boone would platoon Voit and Ford. Ford’s left handed power is a huge asset.

I’m guessing that Gardy won’t face left handed pitching with Andujar, Tauchmann, Frazier on the bench.
Tauchmann is a lefty. But I agree, you have to get Miggy in there

No, we're not going to find out if Betts is like Cano. They both had track records prior to signing their deals and they are very different types of players. That's already been established.

I'm honestly not sure what you have against Betts and your negative thoughts about him, but I can't reiterate this enough - I'm glad that guy won't be in the AL East playing for our biggest rival for the next decade.

No, we're not going to find out if Betts is like Cano. They both had track records prior to signing their deals and they are very different types of players. That's already been established.

I'm honestly not sure what you have against Betts and your negative thoughts about him, but I can't reiterate this enough - I'm glad that guy won't be in the AL East playing for our biggest rival for the next decade.
My only problem with him was the team he played for.
He's alot better than Robbie was and is a class guy.
Robbie had his best years prior to him testing positive for HGH.

Betts won an MVP at 25 and was 2nd in MVP voting at 23. (his second full season)

He's been a gold glove winner and all-star the past four seasons.

These big/long term contracts may be getting out of control with the small market teams being greatly compromised.

Betts won an MVP at 25 and was 2nd in MVP voting at 23. (his second full season)

He's been a gold glove winner and all-star the past four seasons.

These big/long term contracts may be getting out of control with the small market teams being greatly compromised.
The small market teams benefit with the luxury tax they get.

The NFL is going to have bigger problems with what they are paying quarterbacks.
Especially if their cap gets reduced by 70 million next year like they have been talking about.

HOW ABOUT THOSE BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL NEW YORK YANKEES????? WOW! Except for Paxton sucking ass ... you have to be really happy with the Yankees. Let's get SAnchez and GArdy hitting and it will get even better. They should really look at reducing Hicks' playing time. Let's get some more ABs for Tauchman and Andujar and maybe even Red Thunder! Judge is absolutely on fire!

Sanchez sucks. Gardy blew his load last year and should retire, he is done. It would be nice to get Andijar in there at DH because thats the only position he can play, but he will play it great. But Steve, why does it matter, this year really doesn't count and you wont be into it.

Sanchez sucks. Gardy blew his load last year and should retire, he is done. It would be nice to get Andijar in there at DH because thats the only position he can play, but he will play it great. But Steve, why does it matter, this year really doesn't count and you wont be into it.
If they win - it won't be the same as if it was a full season .... BUT .. I will still enjoy it. I have been watching and enjoying it. I don't see or even know if Hicks and Stanton are kneeling during the anthem ... so I am enjoying this season ... so far. PS ... I really don't like all these new rule changes.

If they win - it won't be the same as if it was a full season .... BUT .. I will still enjoy it. I have been watching and enjoying it. I don't see or even know if Hicks and Stanton are kneeling during the anthem ... so I am enjoying this season ... so far. PS ... I really don't like all these new rule changes.
Its hard not to enjoy it the way they have been playing.