2020 Yankees

Stanton likely headed to the IL with a tight hamstring. Unbelievable. Even with a late start to the season to get healthy, and only playing DH, this guy still can't be counted on to play a 60 game season.

Depending on the nature of the injury, he may miss the rest of the regular season, and possibly the playoffs. This guy is a ceramic ballplayer if I've ever seen one.

Eventually it DOES stop them ... Look what happened in 2015/2016. They had to eat or wait for bad contracts to expire like .. A-Rod, Beltran and McCann. They couldn't sign anybody and brought up the kids.It worked out for the best but YES ... bad contracts once you are up against the luxury tax makes the Yankees behave differently.If the Yankees had an extra $20 mill this year maybe we would have another starter instead of the horrible JA Happ. There is no way anyone can say signing these two players WHEN YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO was a good idea! THEY WERE NOT FREE AGENTS FOR ANOTHER YEAR.

Eventually it DOES stop them ... Look what happened in 2015/2016. They had to eat or wait for bad contracts to expire like .. A-Rod, Beltran and McCann. They couldn't sign anybody and brought up the kids.It worked out for the best but YES ... bad contracts once you are up against the luxury tax makes the Yankees behave differently.If the Yankees had an extra $20 mill this year maybe we would have another starter instead of the horrible JA Happ. There is no way anyone can say signing these two players WHEN YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO was a good idea! THEY WERE NOT FREE AGENTS FOR ANOTHER YEAR.
Steve. I love your passion but its only a game.
Reminds me of an WFAN caller
Jerome from the Bronx
:)

If the Yankees had an extra $20 mill this year maybe we would have another starter instead of the horrible JA Happ. There is no way anyone can say signing these two players WHEN YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO was a good idea! THEY WERE NOT FREE AGENTS FOR ANOTHER YEAR.
Regarding Hicks and Severino, I believe the idea was that though they were not going to be free agents, they would have been arbitration eligible, and based on their performances would have sought raises through arbitration, so to avoid that entire process the Yankees bought out those arbitration eligible years at prices perhaps slightly higher than what they would have awarded them in arbitration, as well as getting what would have been their free agency years, for which they are getting the player at a heavily discounted rate in those years compared to what they could have been expected to make in free agency.

It's a gamble, but I think a smart one from the Yankees. Lock up promising young talent who have already displayed success at the major league level, making the players happy and knowing you have those players throughout the rest of their early-mid prime years on contract that is ultimately team friendly.

You are right Hunter .... BUT .... Cashman corrrectly surmised that the Yankees would be WAAAAAAY ahead of the game if they refused to do that with every player. THEN ... he made the only two exceptions in his 21 year reign as GM and it cost him. Should be interesting to see if he ever does that again.

Gardy will produce. He has produced every year of his career. Jocks on the other hand shoudl be cut back and they shuld let Tauchman take some of his ABs. Let Frazier and Ford fight over DH ABs whil Stanton nurses his booboo.

He is gonna hit free agency at 30 yrs old. How much is he going to get? How many years.
Judge's excuse was the extended play on the turf at Tampa. O'Neill confirmed last night that turf does make a factor.

Somebody will pay him. He's a beast. Most likely the Yankees. Sanchez better start hitting if he expects a big contract.