2020 Yankees

So far the Hicks and Seve contracts don't look so good
Seve had an unfortunate injury this past season but is an otherwise young pitcher that's an All Star when playing. Playoff struggles aside, a young starter of his caliber locked up for the next 3 years for $30 million all told is a steal for the team. Having in place for the next few years with a club option on the 4th year at that price gives them stability with the rotation and flexibility with their payroll.

I like your thought and have been saying for 2 years, Andujar would be a great DH. You have a gold glove caliber 3rd basement who hit this year. Andujar can always go there once in a while to give someone a break and let them DH.But the guy can hit. Imagine having a young stud like that only hitting everyday? He would be awesome.
The problem with Andujar is his inability to take pitchers deep into counts. He only walked 25 times in 606 plate appearances. For a guy who batted .297 his OBP was a mere .328. He needs develop more patience.

The problem with Andujar is his inability to take pitchers deep into counts. He only walked 25 times in 606 plate appearances. For a guy who batted .297 his OBP was a mere .328. He needs develop more patience.
I feel that but he’s one of those players that is able to put the ball kn play. We need guys that put the ball in play

Seve had an unfortunate injury this past season but is an otherwise young pitcher that's an All Star when playing. Playoff struggles aside, a young starter of his caliber locked up for the next 3 years for $30 million all told is a steal for the team. Having in place for the next few years with a club option on the 4th year at that price gives them stability with the rotation and flexibility with their payroll.
True.. It's the Hicks deal that bothers me more.

Stanton is 30 years old and owed 244 million over 7 years, that is scary.

Not a Voit fan, so if Joanne-Carlo can handle first base, why not. She could get a breather when she gets her period, allowing Voit/Ford to play.

I HOPE Chapman opts out, fingers crossed.

I like Hicks, not a hater on him. Love that DEF and switch hitting ability. We may not have seen a game 6 if not for him, not that it matters. But that was some media BS that he figured it out in his backyard playing wiffle ball. Stanton was shot, Tauchman wasn't seasoned, so they said, blow out the arm. He did.

Didi is gone, he will get at least 4 years from some team. Not wise for Yanks to offer him that.

Hope we retain Betances

If we don't get Cole or Strasburg, hope we get Ryu AND Bumgartner, the latter might be able to influence Paxton.

Tanaka getting bone spurs removed today isn't the best news.

Severino
Bumgartner
Tanaka
Paxton
Ryu

German, Devi, Lasagna to solidify the pen in 2020
Happ gets traded and we eat most of the contract

Still need a stud Lefty bat or 2.

Stanton is 30 years old and owed 244 million over 7 years, that is scary.

Not a Voit fan, so if Joanne-Carlo can handle first base, why not. She could get a breather when she gets her period, allowing Voit/Ford to play.

I HOPE Chapman opts out, fingers crossed.

I like Hicks, not a hater on him. Love that DEF and switch hitting ability. We may not have seen a game 6 if not for him, not that it matters. But that was some media BS that he figured it out in his backyard playing wiffle ball. Stanton was shot, Tauchman wasn't seasoned, so they said, blow out the arm. He did.

Didi is gone, he will get at least 4 years from some team. Not wise for Yanks to offer him that.

Hope we retain Betances

If we don't get Cole or Strasburg, hope we get Ryu AND Bumgartner, the latter might be able to influence Paxton.

Tanaka getting bone spurs removed today isn't the best news.

Severino
Bumgartner
Tanaka
Paxton
Ryu

German, Devi, Lasagna to solidify the pen in 2020
Happ gets traded and we eat most of the contract

Still need a stud Lefty bat or 2.
If MLb clears German to play. Why wouldn't you want him as a starter? He was our ace for most of the year.

No mad bum please. I'd rather keep happ than get him..

Gardy will play at a reasonable contract and be good enough. I like German in our rotation. he's good. Madbum is good too but he certainly is not the pitcher he used to be. I would see what he wants. He may be had at a reasonable price.

Gardy will play at a reasonable contract and be good enough. I like German in our rotation. he's good. Madbum is good too but he certainly is not the pitcher he used to be. I would see what he wants. He may be had at a reasonable price.
As a Yankee fan, a few years ago, you would have never had to mention, he may had for a reasonable price. Times have changed. I am not saying for the better or the worse. Just saying...

If MLb clears German to play. Why wouldn't you want him as a starter? He was our ace for most of the year.

No mad bum please. I'd rather keep happ than get him..
I don't think German can be trusted after what happened this year. Regardless of what happened, you lay a hand on a woman and you're a punk bitch for life. For me, he has to earn the trust back, that means you start at the back of the pen, if you WANT it that bad, then go get it. Otherwise, I would field offers for him and see what they can get. He HURT the 2019 team by his selfish actions, yeah yeah, we don't know EXACTY what he did, but it was bad and definitive enough to keep him off ALL playoff rosters. It wasn't a love tap on his baby momma's PHAT fanny.

You have to account for EVERYTHING you say and do in public and in the private sector these days with social media and I Phones. Trust yourself and your dog. Thats about it.

So with Hicks out for the majority of next season, do we bring back Gardner?

How about signing Adam Jones to a one year deal?
I like Jones, maybe he has one more year left, on a contender, maybe he is more motivated / hits better. Solid number in the desert, but its a hitters park. He faded second half in 2019 bad. Good veteran presence.

Gardner was SO bad last 6 weeks of regular season and ATROCIOUS in the playoffs, both series. IDK, love him, total gamer, but I think it's time to move on, cut the cord. Have to do it at some point. See what Frazier, Tauchman can do if they don't sign a VET like Jones.

Gardner was SO bad last 6 weeks of regular season and ATROCIOUS in the playoffs, both series. IDK, love him, total gamer, but I think it's time to move on, cut the cord. Have to do it at some point. See what Frazier, Tauchman can do if they don't sign a VET like Jones.
True, but perhaps he was worn down a bit in the latter part of the season as we wasn't expected to play everyday. I hope Frazier is dealt, his defense is too much of a liability for me. I think he will be signed and that him and Tauchman will patrol left and center when Stanton is DH.

Nine-Lives - I kind of agree with you. If Tauchman can play CF I would let him take the job and let GArdy go. I love Gardy but he is past his prime and he never was a good playoff performer. Then we need somebody for LF. Maybe give Frazier a shot.

As a Yankee fan, a few years ago, you would have never had to mention, he may had for a reasonable price. Times have changed. I am not saying for the better or the worse. Just saying...
This is the new narrative. I think their present "process" is a reaction to so many of the GOD AWFUL contracts that were given out and hampered the team. Such as A-Rod, Stanton, Ellsbury, Kei Egawa (Remember him?) The list goes on ... Carl Pavano? Back in George's day they didn't give out such large and LOOOOOOOOONG contracts. Give me an example of a really long and awful contract that George gave out that was really bad. I can't think of one. When George was throwing his money around they weren't winning anything in the 80's. They started to win once he was suspended and Stick Michael was running the show and he built the dynasty through the farm system and smart trades.

This is the new narrative. I think their present "process" is a reaction to so many of the GOD AWFUL contracts that were given out and hampered the team. Such as A-Rod, Stanton, Ellsbury, Kei Egawa (Remember him?) The list goes on ... Carl Pavano? Back in George's day they didn't give out such large and LOOOOOOOOONG contracts. Give me an example of a really long and awful contract that George gave out that was really bad. I can't think of one. When George was throwing his money around they weren't winning anything in the 80's. They started to win once he was suspended and Stick Michael was running the show and he built the dynasty through the farm system and smart trades.
This is why I wrote a few days ago that Cashman needs to be put on notice. All those AWFUL contracts were his doing! Not too mention the terrible pitching trades he made for Vasquez, Weaver, Kevin "Doo Doo" Brown, Gray. I am only spit balling this with a quick response here, but his body of work has NOT produced enough when you consider the resources. He was adamant about getting Stanton, I HATED that deal from the get go. We just got rid of A-Rods contract, why take on another albatross.

Personally, I work best under pressure, if there is none you get lackadaisical its' human nature. I want to be pressured without it there is no competition. If he doesn't start to feel some heat he will continue to operate status quo. UGH! Said I would put the Yanks away until heart of the hot stove. It's MADDENING!

Nine-Lives - I kind of agree with you. If Tauchman can play CF I would let him take the job and let GArdy go. I love Gardy but he is past his prime and he never was a good playoff performer. Then we need somebody for LF. Maybe give Frazier a shot.
I want to see what Frazier can do with less of the handcuffs on him. I don't mean let him be a twitter fool, but give him the pep talk and confidence, let him know he will get every shot to be the man on the biggest stage in the world. Let Tauch fill in here and there, maybe it's a great platoon. But its time to move on from Gardy. If he was too tired towards the end of the year, then he is too old. Make decisions with your head, not your heart. Life is cut throat, he has his ring and millions.