2020 Yankees

@ LISTEVE
He is one of the main reasons we lost to the Stro's. He has lost much of that fear factor he had for years. He had a great year for sure, but honor the contract. They say he loves NY so much and being a Yankee, then don't piss on it. I never liked how CC pulled that shit a few years ago with his opt out. I would have let his ass walk then. Its not too say 20/20 is hindsight, but loyalty still means something to me personally. Its a lost form of behavior that I value in people. That being said, the Yanks have a plethora of arms that could be options.

They could mix and match with a BP by committee. If they retain German, I could see him flourishing in a closer's role with his stuff.

Lasagna has a very live arm and could be a consideration

Sweet talk Betances and tell him he has to take a 1 year deal with an option, or a 1 year deal and let him prove his worth. He has always wanted to be the man.

Britton is pretty solid fallback if the above three options don't pan out.

I think they didn't offer him the qualifying offer because they were afraid he would take it. If you knew he was going to turn down the qualifying offer then you would definitely make the offer so you at least get the compensation draft picks if he turns down teh offer and signs elsewhere. Now they can just treat him like any other free agent. The rumors are that he wants a big multi year contract and the Yankees think he was not very good last year and will only take him back on a team friendly contract.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I do know that. It was mentioned though if he would accept the one year. Thats when I said, about other interest. He is really good.
I'm thinking the Yankees must know something. If they want him back I bet they already spoke to him and they know they can get a deal for next year at less than 17mill or they know his arm isn't right and they're willing to let him walk.
They let Pettitte go to Houston without much of a fight because they knew his elbow was about to go and they were right.

Nov. 5: MLB Trade Rumors published its 14th annual Top 50 Free Agents list on Tuesday, and Cole is right at the top. MLBTR writer Tim Dierkes states that Cole is a "near-lock" to surpass David Price's record $217 million contract for total value for a free-agent pitcher, while also having a chance to top Zack Greinke's $34.4 million record for average annual value (AAV). Dierkes also predicts the Angels as Cole's landing spot on an eight-year, $256 million contract, which comes out to a $32 million AAV.

I copied and pasted the above. If Any nutjob gives Cole 8 years at $256 mill ..... they can have him! That's nuts for any pitcher.