2019 Yankees

Tough loss tonight. One pitch away from being 7 games up instead of 5. Monster game by Travis d'Arnaud. Gotta pitch inside once in a while to this guy.. Also Luke Voit caught looking again...swing the damn bat!!

billyS

Reign of Terror
Tough loss tonight. One pitch away from being 7 games up instead of 5. Monster game by Travis d'Arnaud. Gotta pitch inside once in a while to this guy.. Also Luke Voit caught looking again...swing the damn bat!!
Horrible loss. Coupled with the Yankees (I say Yankees because we know Boone does make these decisions by himself) decision to rest Torres and DJ that last game before the All Star game, they are giving the Ray's life.
One thing I loved about Joe Torre was his "step on their throat when they are down and finish them off" attitude.
Also Voit and Sanchez are cold right now. Move them down in the lineup and get Torres closer to the top.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Forget about Wheeler. I wouldn't touch him now.
He won me over with the game I saw him pitch against us, but now I'm back to my old thinking that he is injury prone.

billyS

Reign of Terror
They need to make a statement against the Rays. They simply are not a good team. No resting the regulars.
I agree the Yankees need to make a statement, but I disagree that the Rays are not a good team.
They have good pitching and they are Scrappy and fight back. The Ray's bullpen did a good job last night.

Sickening loss, don't know if I can watch rest of the series. 3-2 slider? High heat, don't get cute with a slider. That said, Chapman seems to make things interesting more times then not with allowing men to get on. Thats the kind of win that can propel a team. If Yanks want to make a statement, take the next three, step on their heads!

Sanchez is ice cold, average down to 240. They're giving Judge almost nothing to hit.

Rays are a very good team, but Yankees shouldn't struggle against them.

Look at their team - they are crap ... "compared to the Yankees". I will concede that they are a good team compared to the rest of the league .. but they are no Astros. Yankees bats have been ice cold since the all star break. It's not like they came across a hot pitcher who shut them down for a whole game. They have been facing 4 or 5 or 6 pitchers a game who have shut down their bats. ENOUGH! Earn your pay! No more losses to crap! Ryan Stanek needs to get his ass kicked tonight!

That was an awful 5th inning base running clinic.
This team is ice cold right now, and like EB said, they got left in the dust second half last year.
Wake up Call is NOW. 1 hit in 5 innings so far! '

That baserunning blunder was AWFUL last night. Amazing how crappy their bats looked for most of the night too. They made up for it late though! You guys all know we needed that grand slam too. I doubt they would have protected a 1 run lead. I have to tell you Hale has to be slapped in the face for not being able to close out a 5 run lead in the 9th. Good job by Britton to close it out. Good game and tonight I expect German to pitch a gem.

I want these next two games. Its time to leave this Rays team in the dust. Hopefully the bats will wake up after last nights dramatics. How can you not LOVE CC. Guy's tank is on empty but guts it out and is as feisty as the younger guys half his age almost. He is a beast and what looks like a great teammate and leader.