2019 Yankees

Wheeler to the Red Sox possibly, Evoldi to the pen, that guy is nasty when healthy, he is a scary late inning guy in my opinion. I feel like the Red Sox are going to go on a run in the second half.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Wheeler to the Red Sox possibly, Evoldi to the pen, that guy is nasty when healthy, he is a scary late inning guy in my opinion. I feel like the Red Sox are going to go on a run in the second half.
They are definitely going to make a run.
Evoldi is nasty but I don't think his arm will hold up as a reliever.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I like Castillo from the Reds.
Yeah his stuff looked nasty last night.
Doubt the Reds would trade him though.
Seems the realistic targets are Stroman, Wheeler and Bumgarner.
Those teams will ask for the moon and see who blinks first.
I think if Severino shows signs that he is coming back the Yankees might save their bullets.

I think German will help carry us to the playoffs. Once we get there though we need a stud. I would trust Bumgarner. I think Tanaka would perform well. After him I am at a loss. I am shocked at how long it is taking Severino to get on the field.

I hope they're being overly cautious with Severino and its not a tear (Shoulder, not lat) they're trying to rehab. Yankees can be cryptic with injuries. But imagine if he comes back healthy, give him a month to get back into game shape, he could be a beast come September and playoff time.

Loisiga for Kirby Yates, anyone??

I hope they're being overly cautious with Severino and its not a tear (Shoulder, not lat) they're trying to rehab. Yankees can be cryptic with injuries. But imagine if he comes back healthy, give him a month to get back into game shape, he could be a beast come September and playoff time.

Loisiga for Kirby Yates, anyone??
I'm not ready to give up on loisiga yet especially for another pen guy.

I like Stroman, he's a NY kid and I think could handle playing here. MadBum is an ace of the highest order for sure, but I question if he has the temperament to succeed in NY. I could see him really excelling in a place like Atlanta if the Braves want more pitching help.

Does anyone else get a vibe from this team similar to that of the 2004 team? Stacked offense, great closer a couple of reliable arms in the bullpen but sparce on pitching elsewhere. I think Vasquez lead the 100+ win team in Wins that year with like 14. For as talented and deep as the position players are on this team I'm worried about them in the playoffs with their starting pitching as-is.

Would anyone be willing to take on Cano if it meant getting dGrom?

Frazier, Miggy, Devi Garcia for dGrom and Cano?
I would take Cano if he came with DeGrom. Simply because of that short porch, he would be revitalized as a Yankee. I bet he could hit a consistent 280/20hrs/80rbi

I wouldn't do Frazier and Miggy, along with Devi. Miggy/Devi/Lower Prospect, but NOT Frazier. Florial I would do, but not Frazier.

I like Stroman, he's a NY kid and I think could handle playing here. MadBum is an ace of the highest order for sure, but I question if he has the temperament to succeed in NY. I could see him really excelling in a place like Atlanta if the Braves want more pitching help.

Does anyone else get a vibe from this team similar to that of the 2004 team? Stacked offense, great closer a couple of reliable arms in the bullpen but sparce on pitching elsewhere. I think Vasquez lead the 100+ win team in Wins that year with like 14. For as talented and deep as the position players are on this team I'm worried about them in the playoffs with their starting pitching as-is.
Good point about that 2004 teams pitching, can't forget the always reliable Kevin Brown. It's best we don't talk about 2004.

I am not a stroman believer, just don't think of him as an ace type. Toronto will want a haul from us for him, they know how badly he wants to come to NY. I agree with you about Baumgartner, plus we don't need another lefty in my opinion.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I would take Cano if he came with DeGrom. Simply because of that short porch, he would be revitalized as a Yankee. I bet he could hit a consistent 280/20hrs/80rbi

I wouldn't do Frazier and Miggy, along with Devi. Miggy/Devi/Lower Prospect, but NOT Frazier. Florial I would do, but not Frazier.
See my thinking on that is since Florial is further away I'd keep him and let him develop. He's a lefty hitter and much better defender than Frazier.
Don't get me wrong, I love Frazier and would rather keep him but d'Grom is one of the few pitchers (Scherzer being the other) I'd give him up for.

DeGrom is a team changer on a contender. He shakes up the market incredibly. If Mets were smart they would absolutely trade him. The haul could legitimately get them into contention in 2 years. They won't contender next year, and possibly the next. DeGrom will be 34 by then. It would also free up a ton of money for a few free agents. Plus you dump Cano. I don't think Van Wag is that smart though, he may think he is.

DeGrom on the Yanks would make them contenders the next three years.

Florial strikes out a ton, I am not big on the k type of guys. Everyone seems pretty split on him, either going to be a stud, or a flop. Frazier hits to more contact, although he does strike out a lot. Should be an interesting few weeks.