2019 Yankees

I want these next two games. Its time to leave this Rays team in the dust. Hopefully the bats will wake up after last nights dramatics. How can you not LOVE CC. Guy's tank is on empty but guts it out and is as feisty as the younger guys half his age almost. He is a beast and what looks like a great teammate and leader.
You can't say enough about CC and Gardner. Shrewd move by Cashman bringing them both back. You just know that their influence in the clubhouse has something to do with there success this season.

Off today,with game 1 in a rain delay Buck Showalter in studio today telling great stories about Jack McDowell,Mariano,etc. Always liked Buck.Got let go right before Yanks went on their run.

Off today,with game 1 in a rain delay Buck Showalter in studio today telling great stories about Jack McDowell,Mariano,etc. Always liked Buck.Got let go right before Yanks went on their run.
He got humped and Torre stepped in liquid gold. Showalter and Stick built those mid and lat 90's teams. Cashman ruined them in the early to late 2000's with his terrible free agent signings and no solid prospects.

If I remember correctly, didn't Buck get let go because of friction with George, and the fact he was a little too intense, like Girardi?

Look at their team - they are crap ... "compared to the Yankees". I will concede that they are a good team compared to the rest of the league .. but they are no Astros. Yankees bats have been ice cold since the all star break. It's not like they came across a hot pitcher who shut them down for a whole game. They have been facing 4 or 5 or 6 pitchers a game who have shut down their bats. ENOUGH! Earn your pay! No more losses to crap! Ryan Stanek needs to get his ass kicked tonight!
Looking at that lineup they should not be a problem for the Yanks.Guess the division really isn't that good this year

Still the best division in baseball. The Yankees have dominated the Rays and Red Sox this year. They are both top tier teams.

This is shaping up to be a magical season. With each win, there's a different hero.
I don't think any of the divisions are that good. Baseball has a few top tier teams and the rest you can throw in a hat and pick one, alot of bad to average teams.

Guess he got fired after that 1995 playoff loss to Seattle
Yes that's what did Buck in. Left in Blackjack McDowell that extra inning while leaving Wetteland in the bullpen. That was a wild game. Randy Johnson finishing for Seattle. I would have done the same.

The next year George was going to fire Torre and bring back Buck a few weeks into the season.