2019 Yankees

[QUOTE="Excitable Boy, post: 1200940, member: 2627

I'm loving what I am seeing from Encarnacion. Genius pickup by Cashman.[/QUOTE]

He was heating up before he got hurt, I like the pick up too. Solid veteran who could be a huge factor in clubhouse come playoff time.

With Hicks mostly certain to be out, I'm in the minority that wants a healthy Stanton back. You guys are rough, the guy hit 97 homers in 17/18. He was just shy of 1400 plate appearances as well, so I'm not sure the knock on him being fragile.

I'm loving what I am seeing from Encarnacion. Genius pickup by Cashman.
If Stanton was making 2 million a year, I don't think there would as much chirping about him. Fans get too caught up with what guys get paid.

I like him too butt if he's not swinging the bat well than he should sit. He did carry the team last year when Judge went down.
Judge gets hurt every year and nobody says anything.

If Stanton was making 2 million a year, I don't think there would as much chirping about him. Fans get too caught up with what guys get paid.

I like him too butt if he's not swinging the bat well than he should sit. He did carry the team last year when Judge went down.
Judge gets hurt every year and nobody says anything.
But he's not making 2 million a year, he is making 27. He isn't living up to his contract at all. When you sign that type of contract accept the good with the bad. Know you will be under a microscope and be expected to produce at the highest level. DO WHATEVER you can to make yourself better. Have some patience at the plate and don't flail away on pitches because you're looking to launch a ball to the moon and flex your Exit Velo muscles. Bullshit! That approach don't win championships, the approach Le May has does.

He carried the team in August last year, true, but thats all we got. A month of solid production and timely hitting for 27 mill?

He's a twat until he proves otherwise.

Tough break for Tauchman, this team is just snake bit this year injury wise. Hope he is around next year and has a chance to prove himself again.

EB, Slick, and all you other Stanton lovers, looks like he is back on the last home stand :)

Should we start the K tally officially in this thread??

I will give you my take on Stanton. Before he became a Yankee, many writers, radio and TV personalities would make him out to be in the top 5 players in the game. I always felt he was overrated. Yes he was MVP in 2017 .... He was great that year. When you objectively look at his career stats you can see that he has trouble staying on the field. When he can stay on the field you can expect a 270 avg, 35 HR and maybe 100 RBI. That is very good - not great and not $27 mill a year worthy. When he became a Yankee - I was fine with it if he was able to stay on the field and provide the 270/35/100. He did his first year. This year ..... 9 games ... horrible. THE PROBLEM IS ... if you pay Stanton $22 mill (Miami pays the other $5 mill I think) .... that takes up a big part of what you can spend on everybody else. What if the Yankees in the offseason say they can't sign Gerrit Cole because their payroll is too high????? Judge is making $622,300. Difference is Judge is not affecting the rest of the team with his salary. THAT is why I dislike Stanton. ALSO ..... When Stanton is bad they will refuse to acknowledge that he sucks and will play him to justify his salary. Then the team suffers from his bad play and the fact that they can't get good additional players due to payroll. SO ..... I dislike Stanton .. but I also realize that he will be a Yankee for ANOTHER EIGHT FUCKING YEARS! I would rather they never traded for Stanton and I would play Tauchman in LF and get a similar AVG, a few less homers and similar RBI and have enough money to get Gerrit Cole. As you can see ... they are about to win over 105 games WITHOUT Stanton.

I will give you my take on Stanton. Before he became a Yankee, many writers, radio and TV personalities would make him out to be in the top 5 players in the game. I always felt he was overrated. Yes he was MVP in 2017 .... He was great that year. When you objectively look at his career stats you can see that he has trouble staying on the field. When he can stay on the field you can expect a 270 avg, 35 HR and maybe 100 RBI. That is very good - not great and not $27 mill a year worthy. When he became a Yankee - I was fine with it if he was able to stay on the field and provide the 270/35/100. He did his first year. This year ..... 9 games ... horrible. THE PROBLEM IS ... if you pay Stanton $22 mill (Miami pays the other $5 mill I think) .... that takes up a big part of what you can spend on everybody else. What if the Yankees in the offseason say they can't sign Gerrit Cole because their payroll is too high????? Judge is making $622,300. Difference is Judge is not affecting the rest of the team with his salary. THAT is why I dislike Stanton. ALSO ..... When Stanton is bad they will refuse to acknowledge that he sucks and will play him to justify his salary. Then the team suffers from his bad play and the fact that they can't get good additional players due to payroll. SO ..... I dislike Stanton .. but I also realize that he will be a Yankee for ANOTHER EIGHT FUCKING YEARS! I would rather they never traded for Stanton and I would play Tauchman in LF and get a similar AVG, a few less homers and similar RBI and have enough money to get Gerrit Cole. As you can see ... they are about to win over 105 games WITHOUT Stanton.
Just a thought.
If that trade didn't happen, Castro would be playing second instead of Torres.

ThIs thread sounds like a bunch of whiny met fans. :)
This is turning out to be a special season.
Looking back
How the fuck did they win so many games with this rotation?

Just a thought.
If that trade didn't happen, Castro would be playing second instead of Torres.

ThIs thread sounds like a bunch of whiny met fans. :)
This is turning out to be a special season.
Looking back
How the fuck did they win so many games with this rotation?
Castro would be on the bench, most likely we wouldn't have signed LeMay.

Great point about the number of wins compared to our rotation, when you consider the Astro's have Verlander, Cole, Miley, and Greinke (For a month).

It has been special, lets hope it stays special and we get a championship!!!

It's interesting that the Yankees have been playing Tyler Wade in left field with the loss of Tauchman and uncertainty of Stanton. Who could have seen this coming with a healthy Clint Frazier on the roster? But as seen the past week, his defense remains horrible and inevitable that Frazier will not be on the post season roster barring further injuries.

Yankees reliever Dellin Betances has suffered a partial tear of his left Achilles’ tendon, Jack Curry of the YES Network was among those to report. Betances incurred the injury Sunday in Toronto, per the New York Times’ James Wagner, who adds that surgery’s currently under consideration. The right-hander will go for a second opinion, according to Wagner.
This figures to conclude an injury-ruined season for Betances, a four-time All-Star setup man whose sole 2019 outing came Sunday, when he struck out both batters he faced. Betances missed the first five-plus months of the season as a result of shoulder and lat problems. The soon-to-be 32-year-old’s newest injury could bring to an end a fruitful Yankees tenure for Betances, who’s set to become a free agent after the season. Regardless, it’s safe to say the significant health issues that have haunted Betances this year will tamp down his earning power if he does reach the open market in a couple months.