2019 Yankees

Clint Frazier had a brutal day playing left field. It's ironic, his first start since being demoted, he gets two difficult opportunities and looks bad on both of them. If Gardy is resigned for next season (a big IF), there is no doubt that he will be traded.

Yankees have a lot of decisions to make:

Outfield? Judge is there and they signed that ass Hicks for what? 7 years? What a bad move. In LF they can resign Gardy for a year or they can try Frazier or Tauchman/Maybin. I don't think you would get much for Frazier. I say sign Gardy as that Hicks will never play a full season. PLay Tauchman everyday in LF. Stanton is the DH. ENcarnacion can go. I love Andujar .. but show that he is healthy and trade him. Urshella is too good defensively and can hit. Re-sign Didi for short, Torres is our second baseman. DJ playes everyday at all infield spots. Voit is our first baseman. Sanchez is out catcher. Rotation is German, Severino, Tanaka, Happ and you give Cole whatever he wants to be our ace.

billyS

Reign of Terror
@LISteve , maybe third time is a charm with Cole? We drafted him out of High School, he didn't sign.
Tried trading with Pittsburgh but they took a lesser package from Houston.
We shall see if he really wants to come here.
I think Gardy definitely earned another year in pinstripes. But I don't see them dumping Frazier. It's good to have depth and at Gardy's age he could fall off the cliff at any time.

Outfield? Judge is there and they signed that ass Hicks for what? 7 years? What a bad move. In LF they can resign Gardy for a year or they can try Frazier or Tauchman/Maybin. I don't think you would get much for Frazier. I say sign Gardy as that Hicks will never play a full season. PLay Tauchman everyday in LF. Stanton is the DH. ENcarnacion can go. I love Andujar .. but show that he is healthy and trade him. Urshella is too good defensively and can hit. Re-sign Didi for short, Torres is our second baseman. DJ playes everyday at all infield spots. Voit is our first baseman. Sanchez is out catcher. Rotation is German, Severino, Tanaka, Happ and you give Cole whatever he wants to be our ace.
You really think that Tauchman would produce every day in left.Nice thought but no way would Yankees do that.

billyS

Reign of Terror
No hitter for Verlander Sunday, Cole strikes out 14 yesterday. Tough 1-2 punch
Braves threw three Hall of Famers who were in their primes at us in 96 and 99. We beat them.
Dodgers had Kershaw and Grenkie and couldn't beat the Mets in 2015 in a short series.
Tigers had Verlander, Scherzer and Price in 2014 and got swept.
Phillies one year had Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hammels and Roy Oswalt and didn't make the World Series.
Yes it will be tough but it's not a done deal.

Braves threw three Hall of Famers who were in their primes at us in 96 and 99. We beat them.
Dodgers had Kershaw and Grenkie and couldn't beat the Mets in 2015 in a short series.
Phillies one year had Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hammels and Roy Oswalt and didn't make the World Series.
Tough when this year's team relies on the long ball so much

But also in '96 Yanks had Pettitte,Key and Cone. And in '99 they had Clemens,El Duqueand Cone.(also Pettite who wasn't that good in that one).Alot better than any three they would pitch if they made it to the world series this year,in my opinion.

I want them to win the Word Series so bad!.Might seem like I am a downer at times but just being realistic.90 wins already with injuries all season,probably going to win over 100.Great regular season but if they get knocked out in the 1st round...It wouldn't surprise me.

Where are you playing Urshella? I see DJ as the everyday third baseman assuming Didi returns. If not, Gleyber plays SS and DJ plays 2B. I won't be surprised if the Yankees let Didi go if they sign Cole.

I hope they keep Encarnacion. He's a beast and will DH. Stanton will be the everyday LF next year. The Yankees have to choose between Gardy or Tauchman. Tauchman makes 2-3 million versus Gardy who makes 8 million. I think Gardy's days are numbered.

Don't count out lefty Jordan Montgomery for next season. He will be off the IL soon as he's currently rehabbing in Scranton. It wouldn't hurt to have six starters to start the season.