2019 Yankees

There remains a lot of questions moving forward.

How productive will Sanchez and Encarnacion be?
Will Sanchez DH and Romine catch a game?
Where will DJ play? I cringed last night when Ji-Man fell backwards on top of him on a play at first. I prefer DJ at third over first.
Will CC be effective out of the bullpen?
What game does Seve start? Both of his outstanding starts have been at home.
Will Boone rotate the DH? You've got four sluggers to choose from.
Is this the year the Twins finally get revenge on the Yankees?

Yankees should sweep Texas. They suck and aren't playing for anything. They had best finish with a better record than the Dodgers so they can get homefield advantage if they face them. I am predicting a first round ouster of the gay Astros. Yankees will beat Oakland in teh ALCS!

Yankees have no shot at Home Field Advantage, Angels aren't sweeping Houston.
They need to get back to hitting in the clutch, Stanton came back and everyone is striking out or popping up. YES, it's ALL HIS FAULT!

Huge questions with 1B, DH, and Didi.
You can't lose Didi's bat at the stadium in my opinion, if that means Voit to the bench, so be it.
Encarnacion if healthy, is the DH.

LeMay - 1B
Judge - OF
Torres - 2B
Encarnacio - DH
Didi - SS
Stanton - OF
Gardner - OF
Sanchez - C
Urshela - 3B

I think the Yanks catch a break if they play the Twins. The Athletics play the Yankees tough as do the Rays. I would prefer to play the Twins over both. Of course they pay for that break should they meet Houston without home field advantage.

By chance, did anyone see the two innings Michael King pitched? (7th and 8th inning) He is highly regarded and missed most of this year with an injury after having a phenomenal 2018 in the minors advancing from A to AAA. He was included in the Stanton trade.

billyS

Reign of Terror
By chance, did anyone see the two innings Michael King pitched? (7th and 8th inning) He is highly regarded and missed most of this year with an injury after having a phenomenal 2018 in the minors advancing from A to AAA. He was included in the Stanton trade.
I did. I wasn't impressed. Seemed to be throwing all junk. A lot of 84 mph breaking balls. Fastball seemed to top out at 93. They were talking him up in the booth Kay/Showalter but I didn't see it. Hope I'm wrong.
He did come from the Marlins but it was him and international bonus money for Garret Cooper and Caleb Smith.

He did come from the Marlins but it was him and international bonus money for Garret Cooper and Caleb Smith.
Got it. It was a separate deal as you refer. As of now, the Marlins got the better of the Yanks on this one as both Cooper and Smith have been productive. The international bonus of 250K, I assume, helped to get the Yanks acquire the five million dollar wunderkind.

Here we go guys! Say a prayer. This is not going to be a cakewalk. I am really fascinated to see what Stanton does. I want him to hit ... but I can easily see him striking out 4 times. AND ... looking really bad too.

Here we go guys! Say a prayer. This is not going to be a cakewalk. I am really fascinated to see what Stanton does. I want him to hit ... but I can easily see him striking out 4 times. AND ... looking really bad too.
You need more than prayer. You need starting pitching which you dont have. Yanks in trouble.

I am sheepish on the Yanks, I am also a glass is half empty type.

I just think they were flat towards the end of the year, a little banged up, and Betances/German really stung.

I am intrigued by Paxton, see if his Bronx balls really have dropped, or if he is out by the third inning.

Is Stanton swinging at pitches in the first base coaches box or building his Yankee lore?

It should be a classic fall baseball game weather wise.

Go Yanks!!

OK, OK.... Just kidding...Should be a fun hi scoring series. Steve, for some reason, I think Stanton will hit. Lets see who steps up and hits in the clutch and gets big hits.