2019 Yankees

What a beast the Astros Jordan Alvarez is. (DH) I had a feeling that his at bat versus Holder wasn't going to end well for the Yankees. The kid is 21 years old. The Dodgers originally signed him but traded to the Astros spending two years in the minors before being called up on June 9th.

What a beast the Astros Jordan Alvarez is. (DH) I had a feeling that his at bat versus Holder wasn't going to end well for the Yankees. The kid is 21 years old. The Dodgers originally signed him but traded to the Astros spending two years in the minors before being called up on June 9th.
I said outlaid as he walked to the plate in the 7th, keep everything away from the guy.
He looks like a stud, reminds me of a left-handed Vlad Guerrero. Swings a hard and heavy bat, guy would be a BEAST in Yankee stadium.

Good win last night, hard fought, they had Tanaka on the ropes a few times. Judge and Stanton made some nice plays, as did Hicks to keep the game close.

I thought he had a history of beating the Red Sox?
Good selling point to trade him last year. I read an article today and at least he is accountable, saying he is still trying to find his fastball and he's just not clicking yet. He's a vet, so he gets some room, but he isn't dominant. Think Tom Glavine as a Met for a comparison.

Yanks need Severino and another stud ace, or I could see another early exit from playoffs if they make it.
Or possibly another filthy bullpen piece if they cant acquire an ace, anyone know the deal with Betances?

Good selling point to trade him last year. I read an article today and at least he is accountable, saying he is still trying to find his fastball and he's just not clicking yet. He's a vet, so he gets some room, but he isn't dominant. Think Tom Glavine as a Met for a comparison.

Yanks need Severino and another stud ace, or I could see another early exit from playoffs if they make it.
Or possibly another filthy bullpen piece if they cant acquire an ace, anyone know the deal with Betances?
I read that Betances has some bone spur issues and won't be back until the second half along with Severino..

I don't think we need an ace if Severino comes back good. I trust Tanaka as well.

I would hope that Chad Green becomes part of the relief core if we get a fifth starter.

Betances had a setback is not throwing so don't hold your breath waiting for him.

Germain would go back to the bullpen when Seve returns. He is a valuable asset.

Assuming Seve and Germain return, and barring further injuries, I don't see a reason to trade for pitching unless it's Scherzer.