2018 Mets

As we now know, deGrom did last but the bats failed him once again. And as far as the rivalry, I always considered it good, clean fun since we are in opposite leagues. Crosstown rivalries like that are good in my eyes. Chicago or Los Angeles would be similar I would think. Now contrast that with the hatred between Red Sox and Yankees fans and you are operating on a different level.

As we now know, deGrom did last but the bats failed him once again. And as far as the rivalry, I always considered it good, clean fun since we are in opposite leagues. Crosstown rivalries like that are good in my eyes. Chicago or Los Angeles would be similar I would think. Now contrast that with the hatred between Red Sox and Yankees fans and you are operating on a different level.
I think the rivalry between the Yankees and Sox calmed down a bit since George died and the sox won a couple of times. And with their cheating football team winning all of the time.
They need a good bench clearing brawl to get things going again.

I loved hating them. Good times.

As far as the Mets, I never hated them. I don't follow minor league baseball, so I don't care about them..

We need to end this inter league shit.
Its pointless. You have guys getting hurt doing things they aren't used too.

If they want to do a charity thing once a year that would be different.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Slick a charity game used to be called the Mayors Trophy game. Think the profits went to the PAL.
The fun with the Red Sox was because theyNEVER won. Guess they can use that on us now. Was the best of times when I was growing up and both teams sucked then got really crazed when they were probably the two best teams in baseball.
SHIT papi just hit another homer.

Gotta give the Mets some cred for being the first team to shut out the Yanks this year. The bats are still asleep, though. We just got lucky that the Yanks did not take advantage of Reyes giant fuckup at second base. In any other game, that would have led to a 6 run inning.

The Mets have a shot today with deGrom .... but they don't have a chance in the other two games.
I guess you were
Slick a charity game used to be called the Mayors Trophy game. Think the profits went to the PAL.
The fun with the Red Sox was because theyNEVER won. Guess they can use that on us now. Was the best of times when I was growing up and both teams sucked then got really crazed when they were probably the two best teams in baseball.
SHIT papi just hit another homer.
I used to love that game. The Mayors trophy game.

I still enjoy the Yanks Red Sox series.

sorry for the last 2 blank posts .watching the game today they were talking about Terry Collins getting ejected duribg a game and field mic's picked up him cursing at the up.Pretty funny! Found it on youtube and tried to copy the vid to this thread but couldn't do it thus the 2 blank posts sorry.Check out the clip if you guys get a chance!!

MODERATOR: Deleted the 2 blank posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
After tonight's game, the Mets should trade absolutely everyone EXCEPT for pitchers for a whole bunch of minor league players with great prospects, and let then finish out the season getting some MLB experience.

billyS

Reign of Terror
After tonight's game, the Mets should trade absolutely everyone EXCEPT for pitchers for a whole bunch of minor league players with great prospects, and let then finish out the season getting some MLB experience.
Except that the only players that would bring back great prospects would be their pitchers.
No one is giving up top prospects for the crap they run out there every day.

billyS

Reign of Terror
except Nimmo and maybe Conforto (if someone believes he will rebound)
I don't see anyone giving up a Gleyber Torres, Clint Frazier type prospect for either of those guys. They are not difference makers in a pennant race like Miller or Chapman. In fact if either of them were on the Yankees 40 man roster they'd be buried at Scranton.
deGrom or Syndagaed however would bring back a haul.