2018 Mets

billyS

Reign of Terror
Isn’t it interesting that 5 years ago the Mets were the young up and coming team in town and the Yankees were the washed up aging overpaid has beens.
Just two years actually. Just look back to the start of 2016. Middle of the Yankees order was A-Rod, Texieria, Beltran and McCann. Only McCann is active.

Yup. Yankees rebirth began with the beginning of the exit of the Core Four. Mets are going in the opposite direction in signing/re-signing veterans. But I gotta say that Bautista has been working out nicely. And we finally have a catcher I like. Unfortunately, the injuries are back and biting us in the ass. And it's not just an age thing, either. Younger guys are having issues.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Interesting trade proposal on the FAN
Clint Frazier figeroura and romine for degrom.
There was a 4th guy mentioned but I forgot
Fills need on both teams

Wilpon should start saving his pennys and go hard at Harper and Machado in the off season. Never happen though.
Too cheap.
And they should not trade Degrom. Way too hard to get quality starters.
But the Mets always fuck things up.

Mr. Wiggley

I would do it if I were the Yankees but the Mets would never do it. They would never want to see DeGrom win every 5 days for their crosstown rivals.
Francessa said basically the same thing. Neither team wants to make a trade that gives a star to the other team.
The Wilpons are fucking morons.

Mr. Wiggley

I wish I could remember the details but didn't Cespedes sign a big contract right before he decided to spend a year and a half on the disabled list? He just never seems to play, but is definitely not alone. The trainers should all be killed.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I wish I could remember the details but didn't Cespedes sign a big contract right before he decided to spend a year and a half on the disabled list? He just never seems to play, but is definitely not alone. The trainers should all be killed.
There had to be a reason why three other teams traded him within a year and a half. Nats are probably giving thanks he spurred their offer after the 2015 season.

Saw a comment on FB that the Mets should stop the salt & pepper bullshit. I could not agree more. Either it brought them bad karma, it pissed off the opposition, or it distracted. No matter the reason, when you are under .500 and you just lost 5 in a row, there is no room for grandstanding with that shit.

Probably a Todd Frazier thing. Like the thumbs down thing he did last year.
I saw them doing that during the Two weeks they were playing well.
So sad.:)
Yes. Frazier started it. The term is a bit of a misnomer in the actual hand gesture since it mimics a pepper grinder not a salt shaker. The explanation was that they were adding some 'seasoning' to the offense. Now that the fire has gone out of their bats they should be mimicking a fireman putting out flames.

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/the-salt-and-pepper-is-the-mets-celebration-for-the-2018-season/c-270132336

billyS

Reign of Terror
As a Yankees fan l've never liked the Subway series. Since for the overwhelming number of years the Yankees have been the far superior team it is a no win situation for them.
If they win, like last year's sweep it is because they were supposed to, if the Mets get lucky then it gives them a false sense that their team is worth something.
Always seems to mean more to Mets fans because they have nothing else.