2018 Mets

The Mets suck!
Back in 2016 Mets fan were pretty full of themselves. After 20 years of the Jeter fueled Yankees dynasty, they thought it was their turn. Remember when Harvey and Company were going to be the like the Braves in the 90's? Harvey/Syndargard/deGrom/Matz were going to be Four Aces?
Numerous retarded sounding callers to the FAN would call and say "Mike, the Mets are better than the Yankees now, the Yankees are old and have no farm system. They are going to be bad for a long time"
NOT!!!!
The Yankees have one of the youngest teams in Baseball led by the new face of the game Aaron Judge.
The Mets are a team of retreads like Todd Fraizer and Jay Bruce going no where.

Suck it Mets fans! Yankees still rule this town (47,000 last night, on a Wednesday!) and will for the foreseeable future.
The only attention the Mets will get will be negative.

The Mets were never predicted to win the pennant, let alone their division. The best I saw any sportswriters slotting them for was a wild card berth. So they are underperforming just a little bit. The season is still early. The team needs to get the rotation in gear. With a new manager and pitching coach at the helm, fans expected this to be a no-brainer. But it turns out that it's not that simple a task. Let's see what influence a new catcher has on the pitcher's performance. No one talks about that, but the catching situation over the last few years is something that I feel has been bogging down the starters.

Two in a row. We are on a roll. Everyone hit except for the two R buds who went a combined 0 fer 8. Reyes always is slow to start. Rosario is actually one of the top 5 hitters in BA on the team, so I will give him a pass today. The team will not succeed without Conforto on track, so hopefully he found his groove. Nimmo needs to keep it up, too. Congrats to the new catcher. He has been a solid acquisition so far.

Amazing the complete 180 by both the Mets and Yanks from the first couple of weeks of the season. That's why baseball lasts for 6 months. My hat's off to the Yankees for playing up to the potential that everyone predicted.

The Mets extended their streak and still no on here seems to care. Guess there aren't too many Mets fans among us. Then again, I don't see anyone posting about the Yankees lately either. Don't you guys like baseball?

The Mets extended their streak and still no on here seems to care. Guess there aren't too many Mets fans among us. Then again, I don't see anyone posting about the Yankees lately either. Don't you guys like baseball?
I like baseball just fine and I've been a life-long Mets fan. I just don't get excited when they do well. It's not worth the heartbreak for me anymore.

I like baseball just fine and I've been a life-long Mets fan. I just don't get excited when they do well. It's not worth the heartbreak for me anymore.
That's just part of the game for me. I feel you live and die with the team. And it hasn't been that long - only a few years - since they gave us something positive to be passionate about. Although, I don't know if the front office's obsession with signing veterans is something they should keep on doing. Today's signing of Bautista was really a stretch for me. The guy is what, 37, and hasn't had a great year the past two seasons. Then again, when your best hitter is 32, I guess you start putting your faith in veterans, especially if your farm system sucks as bad as theirs does and your last two heralded prospects haven't prospered anywhere near what you expected.

How can we lose to a last place team in a come-from-behind and the next night we shut out a first place team? That's baseball for you. And why we play 162 games. It also goes to show you that any short playoff series is not a fair read on how good the team is.