2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

My gut is I don't think he will ever develop into anything more than a backup type. I don't think he has the size, accuracy, or mentality to be a star. I have always said it, I hope I am wrong. Just my gut, I see deer in the headlights when he plays. I don't see someone comfortable in the pocket or reading defensive schemes.

With the weapons they have on offense, White or Flacco would be fine as their starter.
Deer in the headlights?
They said the same thing about Eli. 2x super bowl MVP.
Just saying.

Deer in the headlights?
They said the same thing about Eli. 2x super bowl MVP.
Just saying.
Just my opinion watching him play. Just like I think Justin Jefferson will be the best fantasy WR this year.
I've never liked Wilson the player or that pick. Too many interceptions and not being able to read simple coverages, very uncomfortable in the pocket. He had one good season at BYU against much lower level of competition.

Just my opinion watching him play. Just like I think Justin Jefferson will be the best fantasy WR this year.
I've never liked Wilson the player or that pick. Too many interceptions and not being able to read simple coverages, very uncomfortable in the pocket. He had one good season at BYU against much lower level of competition.
That would be the negative take on him. But there are many positives also. Remember, he was a Rookie last year, after playing a lower level college schedule. He had so much talent. This year he just keeps improving and like most QB’s, next year, his 3rd , he will blossom.

That would be the negative take on him. But there are many positives also. Remember, he was a Rookie last year, after playing a lower level college schedule. He had so much talent. This year he just keeps improving and like most QB’s, next year, his 3rd , he will blossom.
We will soon find out, but he is starting to look a little fragile as well. All reports out of camp say Flacco has been on fire!
Let say they start 2-0 and Flacco plays lights out, (assuming Wilson won't be ready first 2 weeks) do you start Wilson game 3 if he is ready to play?

billyS

Reign of Terror
We will soon find out, but he is starting to look a little fragile as well. All reports out of camp say Flacco has been on fire!
Let say they start 2-0 and Flacco plays lights out, (assuming Wilson won't be ready first 2 weeks) do you start Wilson game 3 if he is ready to play?
The Jets definitely start Wilson. He is the future and they are not going anywhere this year, maybe the last WC at best so you have to play him and see if he is the answer.
Flacco is a nice Stop gap, but that's it.

The Jets definitely start Wilson. He is the future and they are not going anywhere this year, maybe the last WC at best so you have to play him and see if he is the answer.
Flacco is a nice Stop gap, but that's it.
Gut telling me they may get into the playoffs, I don't remember the last time they had so many legit play makers on offense.
D-Line and linebackers are solid, secondary is suspect.

I'm still sticking to my prediction: a more competitive team this year, even if it isn't reflected in their record, and .500 next season. As long as they beat the Patriots at least once (a sweep would be nice!) and get swept by my Dolphins, I'm good with that.

All I hear is the GM is doing a great job. 2 years ago he missed on the tackle Becton, last year he missed on the QB Wilson. I think he missed on the coach. Great job? Really?
Unless either Becton or Wilson had an injury history in college, which I don't believe they did, then you can't really blame the GM. Wilson's injury happened while playing, and that can happen to any player at any time--be it during a game or practice or if you're Antonio Brown, in a cryotherapy tank.