2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

I think overall it was a good draft. I would of liked them to look for a CB a little earlier, but they drafted 3 and signed a few undrafted CB's right after. Hopefully at least one will pan out.

I am not a fan of Wilson, I hope I am wrong. Just don't see it with him.
I like the Tucker pick, OL is starting to come together.

Ojulari or Samuel would be nice in 2nd round - If Douglas doesn't trade that pick for one later on in round 2 and a 3rd rounder.

I like that RB Carter on NC.

Still so many holes to fill.
What dont you like about Wilson? All the talent in the world. Has everything you would want.

Great draft. They cant fill every hole with this draft. We got 3 big play makers in this draft. When was the last time we got that. We most likely got 4 starters in this draft. When was the last time we can say that. Every so called expert, all over ESPN and the NFL network is raving about our draft. When is the last time that happened?

What dont you like about Wilson? All the talent in the world. Has everything you would want.
Let me first preface by saying I hope I am 1000% wrong as a 50 year Jet fan.

I don't think he played the best schedule or highest level of competition (not his fault). Fields, Jones, Lawrence played against much better teams and players.

I think he is slightly undersized, just my opinion. Other QB's were smaller / same size and have had success.

I don't think he has the skill set Alone to be the do it all kind of guy like Maholms, Jackson, or Rodgers. He is not going to have the success Hebert had out of the gate.

I do think they had an excellent draft. I love the trade up to get the guard, love the Wr, and I mentioned earlier that I was hoping to get the running back from NC.

They scooped up some projects for the secondary that could definitely work out.

Douglas has really put some pieces in place to protect him and give him solid, explosive options.

If this draft is as good as experts say, coupled with the stockpile of picks we have next year, could really send this team in the right direction, FINALLY!

Next year we have:

2 #1s
2 #2s
1 #3s
2 #4s
2 #5s
3 #6s

Insane!

I'm a fan of the QB pick. I'm higher on him than I was on darnold. I even posted on here back then that I wanted Josh Allen. I'm a firm believer that top colleges rarely produce top QBS. College is a scheme system. How many of the top QB's in the NFL now are from Top FCS schools?

Let me first preface by saying I hope I am 1000% wrong as a 50 year Jet fan.

I don't think he played the best schedule or highest level of competition (not his fault). Fields, Jones, Lawrence played against much better teams and players.

I think he is slightly undersized, just my opinion. Other QB's were smaller / same size and have had success.

I don't think he has the skill set Alone to be the do it all kind of guy like Maholms, Jackson, or Rodgers. He is not going to have the success Hebert had out of the gate.

I do think they had an excellent draft. I love the trade up to get the guard, love the Wr, and I mentioned earlier that I was hoping to get the running back from NC.

They scooped up some projects for the secondary that could definitely work out.

Douglas has really put some pieces in place to protect him and give him solid, explosive options.

If this draft is as good as experts say, coupled with the stockpile of picks we have next year, could really send this team in the right direction, FINALLY!

Next year we have:

2 #1s
2 #2s
1 #3s
2 #4s
2 #5s
3 #6s

Insane!
The thing I will agree with, Wilson, most likely wont be that great coming out of the gate but that really doesnt matter. You said you dont think he has the skill set? What doesnt he have? Forget the schedule, we all know that and its a fact, however, thats why he may take a little more time to start to get used to the speed of the Pro game, as he would be behind the other QB's to start. Jets know that and lets see if they put him in a position to succeed.

The thing I will agree with, Wilson, most likely wont be that great coming out of the gate but that really doesnt matter. You said you dont think he has the skill set? What doesnt he have? Forget the schedule, we all know that and its a fact, however, thats why he may take a little more time to start to get used to the speed of the Pro game, as he would be behind the other QB's to start. Jets know that and lets see if they put him in a position to succeed.
I said skill set alone to make things happen on his own. ie, like Jackson in Baltimore who can take off at any time and make nothing into a 30 yard play. Or Maholms who can do the same, Rodgers etc. Those guys carry teams, I don't see Wilson carrying this team at any point, especially early on. But with a solid O line and weapons around him I think he can get to the point of a solid QB. I don't see superstar with him, a lot of times when you're a number 1-2 pick fans expect that.

Lets see what happens, I think the team is going in a great direction. Much better than the last 4 years. Douglas seems to be a good evaluator of talent, along with Saleh. If they both wanted this kid they obviously saw things that a novice like me can't.

There's no way he starts the season as the starting qb, right?

I said skill set alone to make things happen on his own. ie, like Jackson in Baltimore who can take off at any time and make nothing into a 30 yard play. Or Maholms who can do the same, Rodgers etc. Those guys carry teams, I don't see Wilson carrying this team at any point, especially early on. But with a solid O line and weapons around him I think he can get to the point of a solid QB. I don't see superstar with him, a lot of times when you're a number 1-2 pick fans expect that.

Lets see what happens, I think the team is going in a great direction. Much better than the last 4 years. Douglas seems to be a good evaluator of talent, along with Saleh. If they both wanted this kid they obviously saw things that a novice like me can't.

Jackson has 2-3 years left on his shelf life of he keeps thinking he can play that way. Teams already started figuring him out last year.

100% he is the starting QB from day one. 100%. There are no other QB that would be able to start. They will add a veteran QB to help out and be a back up. He is starting day one. And the kid hasnt played one down yet, Not fair to say he cant do what what the best QB's in the world can do. Give him time to make a name for himself.

I'm hoping the jets sign Nick Foles and Wilson carries a clipboard for a few games.
You may be right. Nine-lives wants the same thing. That my happen, I just think he is starting game one. Is Foles a FA, or I thought he was signed, therefore we would have to trade for him and take on his current salary.

Foles is on the Bears, they think he might have been released, but then Fields dropped in their lap at number 11. So he may stay and keep the seat warm while Fields get acclimated.

Why has Douglas not tried to sign Steven Nelson ? Or bring back Poole, or both? The secondary is atrocious and there are two players sitting there who would help out tremendously. Nelson at worst is a solid number 2 DB, and Poole played well and is familiar with the organization.
They are 25 million under the cap.

I get that D-Line is really good and we are better off the edge, but you won't get constant pressure in every game to cover the deficiency in the secondary.