Antidepressants

Have you ever tried the Bose QC3 or QC2 noise suppression headphones? They really do a remarkable job blocking ambient noise. There is a Bose store in that fancy shopping mall at Columbus Circle where you can check them out.
I just checked out the web sight, they are really expensive. Thanks for the recommendation, when I am in that area I will check them out. I had Bell's Palsy and my ear has never been the same since but I have always been sensitive with construction noise so it may be worth the money. I have two high rises going up on both of my corners and I know it's going to get bad soon. I am going to speak at my local community board about it like that's going to do anything.

You know the construction noise would not be so bad if I didn't have to pass by hordes of rats in front of my building also. Noise in the day, rats at night, it a wonder I am not taking antidepressants.

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
Emily I know it has been a while since we visited this thread. I am trying to find/remeber you mentioning a B12 patch. My Dr has added a whole bunch of Vitimans to my regiment and has included B12 as a suppliment. I am not sure if that is it but in the past week I find I have more energy. OK so I changed diet as well. What I was wondering is where you get your patches and is there any ill effects you have from them. Thanks..

Emily I know it has been a while since we visited this thread. I am trying to find/remeber you mentioning a B12 patch. My Dr has added a whole bunch of Vitimans to my regiment and has included B12 as a suppliment. I am not sure if that is it but in the past week I find I have more energy. OK so I changed diet as well. What I was wondering is where you get your patches and is there any ill effects you have from them. Thanks..
I just googled vitamin b12 patches and the site came up. I think there is only one company that makes them. When I take them I notice I have more energy, mental and emotional clarity, less headaches. I take acid reflux medicine and on the site it stated that long term zantac and like medicines cause vitamin B12 deficiency. All I know I was so weak before I started the patches and whenever I feel slothy I put one on and feel energized. Doctors I spoke to are sceptical but maybe because they will lose money because people will go to get less shots since there is another option now. You have to either get shots or patches because the body cannot absorb B12 properly when taken in a pill form. I have had no bad side effects from the patches at all, I do however become violently ill whenever I take vitamins orally. It is $24 for a months supply, you take one every week and wear it for one day behind your ear.

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
I just googled vitamin b12 patches and the site came up. I think there is only one company that makes them. When I take them I notice I have more energy, mental and emotional clarity, less headaches. I take acid reflux medicine and on the site it stated that long term zantac and like medicines cause vitamin B12 deficiency. All I know I was so weak before I started the patches and whenever I feel slothy I put one on and feel energized. Doctors I spoke to are sceptical but maybe because they will lose money because people will go to get less shots since there is another option now. You have to either get shots or patches because the body cannot absorb B12 properly when taken in a pill form. I have had no bad side effects from the patches at all, I do however become violently ill whenever I take vitamins orally. It is $24 for a months supply, you take one every week and wear it for one day behind your ear.
Thanks emily your the best..

I read that depressed people eat a disproportionate amount of carbohydrates. Are you eating right, that is, a balanced diet? Are you eating enough fruits, vegetables, and meat (especially liver)?

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
I read that depressed people eat a disproportionate amount of carbohydrates. Are you eating right, that is, a balanced diet? Are you eating enough fruits, vegetables, and meat (especially liver)?
Because I am an insulin depended diabetic I am on a very low carb and sugar diet. I eat lots of greens and I get my protin from unsalted nuts, fish and plan chicken. I am allowed low fat cheeses as well. I do limit my fruit intake becaus it does rasie my blood sugar but I also use them when I go low. I am also on a daily exercise program. Unfortantly with all the different meds I am on I should rattle when I walk, but I am not on any antidepressants any longer. Also I do not think I am depressed but I still have my moments....

Because I am an insulin depended diabetic I am on a very low carb and sugar diet. I eat lots of greens and I get my protin from unsalted nuts, fish and plan chicken. I am allowed low fat cheeses as well. I do limit my fruit intake becaus it does rasie my blood sugar but I also use them when I go low. I am also on a daily exercise program. Unfortantly with all the different meds I am on I should rattle when I walk, but I am not on any antidepressants any longer. Also I do not think I am depressed but I still have my moments....
Hey Wolf - One of the possible side effects of antidepressants is diabetes.

Years ago I was put on what I consider a high dose of Valum, I really liked them, but found they made me so relaxed - that I could not get to the cause of the anxiety.

Hey Wolf - One of the possible side effects of antidepressants is diabetes.

Years ago I was put on what I consider a high dose of Valum, I really liked them, but found they made me so relaxed - that I could not get to the cause of the anxiety.
Yeah, Valium is cool! I consider it victim V. I think it should be sold over the counter, like liquor is. Liquor is every bit as harmful as Valium is, even more so. Valium won't ruin your liver, and it's a far more mellow trip then pot is, and there are many people who support the legalization of pot. Eddybear, by your own admission, you didn't want to deal with the under lying causes of your anxiety (cause it made the pain go away), don't you realize that that is the goal of every anti-depressant ever brought to the market. It seems to me that this is the answer to this entire thread - now lets get back to pastrami.

Yeah, Valium is cool! I consider it victim V. I think it should be sold over the counter, like liquor is. Liquor is every bit as harmful as Valium is, even more so. Valium won't ruin your liver, and it's a far more mellow trip then pot is, and there are many people who support the legalization of pot. Eddybear, by your own admission, you didn't want to deal with the under lying causes of your anxiety (cause it made the pain go away), don't you realize that that is the goal of every anti-depressant ever brought to the market. It seems to me that this is the answer to this entire thread - now lets get back to pastrami.
I may have written this before but I will state it again. A close family member of mine has taken a low dose Xanex every night for the past 15 years and he has never been better. Before he was a nervous, depressed wreck taking everything to heart now he is a much more relaxed person. He is a senior and is still athletic and the Xanex has not affected any of his vital organs or health. Unfortunately it took a heart attack to get a doctor to prescribe it, I believe with the right person benzodiazepines are miracle workers.

I don't care how addictive they are because there is no reason to stop taking them since they help so much when everything else fails. I never understood why antidepressants are given to be taken for long periods to just about anyone who says they are depressed and benzo's are taboo. I understand they can be impairing but so is pot and alcohol so the patient just has to be smart about when to take it. If taken every night the positive effects will spill over to the waking life because the mind will have that break to regroup to cope.

I may have written this before but I will state it again. A close family member of mine has taken a low dose Xanex every night for the past 15 years and he has never been better. Before he was a nervous, depressed wreck taking everything to heart now he is a much more relaxed person. He is a senior and is still athletic and the Xanex has not affected any of his vital organs or health. Unfortunately it took a heart attack to get a doctor to prescribe it, I believe with the right person benzodiazepines are miracle workers.

I don't care how addictive they are because there is no reason to stop taking them since they help so much when everything else fails. I never understood why antidepressants are given to be taken for long periods to just about anyone who says they are depressed and benzo's are taboo. I understand they can be impairing but so is pot and alcohol so the patient just has to be smart about when to take it. If taken every night the positive effects will spill over to the waking life because the mind will have that break to regroup to cope.
SSRI's are widely prescribed. They are safe, can be taken over a long period of time, and oh yes, don't actually do very much. Our society seems to be against anything that actually makes you feel good.

Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrun, etc. at best, will improve your mental state ever so slightly. Do you think anyone will ever come out with a true "Happy Pill"? I don't think so. Why?, because it would spell the end of talk therapy, and the large drug companies would have no reason to keep introducing new anti-depressants to the market. Prozac kinda worked, but wait till you try Wellbutrun, it kinda works better, and it doesn't decrease your sexual drive. Depression sure doesn't help your lack of libido , and neither does Wellbutrun, but if their ads say it does, well who are we to dispute it.

If someone, or some company ever came out with a drug that made you feel great, removed any bad feelings, let you feel truly good about your life, let you fall asleep, stopped you from feeling any pain and even made you feel euphoric without any negative side effects what so ever. I’d bet every dollar I have that the government would ban it. There’s just something about our Judaic-Christian society that for some reason doesn’t want you to have too much fun, even if it’s not hurting anyone. Eliot Spitzer knew he wasn’t hurting any body; he wasn’t even being unfaith to his wife, because prostitution is only about sex, a pure business transaction. After the Spitzer affair, a poll was taken (I don’t know if it was a City, State or national poll), the result was that 49% of those polled thought prostitution should be legalized while 51% thought that it should not.

I’m talking about a pill that would allow you to feel good about the fact that you have a dead-end job that gives you not satisfaction what so ever, drive a 15 year old car, have a wife/husband that you have nothing in common with and can’t stand the sight of, have children who hate you, and you hate them, say they can’t wait to move out of your house, and your fondest wish is that would. Are you 20 lbs over weight, don’t look like a super model? I have a magic pill, take it once a day, and you’ll be as happy as a pig in shit. Well I have news for you; said pill would never be allowed to see the light of day.

Yeah, Valium is cool! I consider it victim V. I think it should be sold over the counter, like liquor is. Liquor is every bit as harmful as Valium is, even more so. Valium won't ruin your liver, and it's a far more mellow trip then pot is, and there are many people who support the legalization of pot.
II heard that you can buy Valium in Israel over the counter.

One of the bad side effects of valium is that you build up tolerance fast, it causes amnesia. I remember one time when I was taking one to many, I woke up at 6:00 AM on a Monday, and I decided to go to my office and be the first one to arrive.

When I was the only person in the office at 9:00 AM, I wondered what was going on, I called a friend and asked him what day and time it was...

It was 9:00 PM Sunday! I will never forget that one. In case your wondering about the light, my office has no windows.

Many say that valium pushed Hinckly over the top

Probably the most notorious Valium addict was John Hinckley, who shot and wounded President Reagan. Psychiatrists at his trial were divided over the part the drug played in the shooting. Some said it could have 'impaired his control'.

I tend to believe if it was not valium, it would of been alcohol.

Last edited:
I don't care how addictive they are because there is no reason to stop taking them since they help so much when everything else fails.
They are only addictive when "we the patient" enjoy them so much that we start increasing the dose. Also, Valium does wonders to boost the effects of alcohol.

I saw a documentary on HBO about Methadone, and how addicts take Benzo's, because it increases the effect - delivers a high stronger then heroin.