2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they decide to put Stanton in the outfield this weekend at Fenway. Seems unnecessary now because with all the stuff going on he isn't "blocking" anyone from playing, clogging up the DH spot right now.

I wish Cash would get off his ass and make a deal that improves the team. We've been lucky to win four straight with this line up.
I hear ya EB, I think as Yankee fans we have become so spoiled and accustomed to getting what we need when we need. Seemed like during the run in the mid and late 90's we always pounced and got some solid deadline pieces. It always made it exciting this time of the season being a Yankees fan and anticipating the new "shiny" toy(s) we would net.

I do think the lack of moves thus far hinges on the 4 games with Boston and the 3 with Tampa. I also think that no matter what the price is, Cashman will unload prospects this deadline if we can stay in it, because his ass is and should be on the line. He can't keep hiding from all the bad moves and trades he has made the last few years.

Volpe, Duran, Florial (who looks like he can play), Schmidt, Clarke, Garcia, Andujar, Frazier, Abreu, I would think are all in play this time around.I would NOT move King unless I got a stud in return, I like his composure on the mound and the movement on his pitches. He looks like he could be a solid number 3 type.

It's time Cashman stops dry humping these prospects and holding onto them too long. If he buys, he could be a BIG buyer this year in my opinion.

If not, sell it all off, I mean find a way to move Stanton to SD and if need be attach him to Green, Cole, 'Lo, whoever.
Nobody in my opinion is untouchable except Judge, only if you can move Stanton.

DJ, Voit, Urshela can all go too for the right pieces, ie: Athletic, contact hitters with some speed.

Sanchez is hitting again, he is a Venus fly trap. Time to let go. Move him in a package, alone. He has some value. His value will never ever be 2017 ever again, but its better than it has been since 2019.

Should be an interesting next 8 days

I hear ya EB, I think as Yankee fans we have become so spoiled and accustomed to getting what we need when we need. Seemed like during the run in the mid and late 90's we always pounced and got some solid deadline pieces. It always made it exciting this time of the season being a Yankees fan and anticipating the new "shiny" toy(s) we would net.

I do think the lack of moves thus far hinges on the 4 games with Boston and the 3 with Tampa. I also think that no matter what the price is, Cashman will unload prospects this deadline if we can stay in it, because his ass is and should be on the line. He can't keep hiding from all the bad moves and trades he has made the last few years.

Volpe, Duran, Florial (who looks like he can play), Schmidt, Clarke, Garcia, Andujar, Frazier, Abreu, I would think are all in play this time around.I would NOT move King unless I got a stud in return, I like his composure on the mound and the movement on his pitches. He looks like he could be a solid number 3 type.

It's time Cashman stops dry humping these prospects and holding onto them too long. If he buys, he could be a BIG buyer this year in my opinion.

If not, sell it all off, I mean find a way to move Stanton to SD and if need be attach him to Green, Cole, 'Lo, whoever.
Nobody in my opinion is untouchable except Judge, only if you can move Stanton.

DJ, Voit, Urshela can all go too for the right pieces, ie: Athletic, contact hitters with some speed.

Sanchez is hitting again, he is a Venus fly trap. Time to let go. Move him in a package, alone. He has some value. His value will never ever be 2017 ever again, but its better than it has been since 2019.

Should be an interesting next 8 days
You can’t move gio. He’d be too hard to replace

If they get Story ... Story plays short, Torres to second and DJ to first. Voit can show he is healthy when he gets back and then you trade him. Let him DH - put Stanton in LF. If he gets hurt - so what? He is a good fielder. He won't hurt us out there. Play whomever is playing best in CF. Sorry Gardy - you are likely to sit. Florial or Allen can play out there.

So who closes tonight if the opportunity arises? I would guess Chapman? Tired of Boone resting guys. These are game they gotta win...plenty of time to rest come September when they are probably out of it

Last night's loss was bad when you consider they had the bases loaded and one out in the second inning while up 1-0, Sox starter out of game due to injury (with no outs at the time) and a kid just called up from AAA. Of course, they leave the bases full and all three outs were K's. The kid struck out 7 in 3 innings and they were done. Cole had thrown 70 pitches through 3 innings and was battling but Sox got to him in the fifth as you would have expected.

Taillon and German HAVE to step up this weekend as this line up will not generate much offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.