2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I know, but so was Chris Gittens who has not shown much. I don’t think you can put much stock in AAA offensive stats.
Sometimes guys adjust to triple A pitching as they get older.

Right or wrong for ages scouts and front office types, even before analytics, always stopped considering guys prospects if they haven't made it by 25 or 26 and there were no injuries involved.

You do have late bloomers like Big Papi but that's the exception.

Now they supposedly made trade offer to Story...which is dumb when they can just sign him in the off season instead of Renting him. Wonder who was offered. Not much on this team that any team wants.

No i don't expect that lol I just don't like trading a guy that is hitting .330 for a reliever with a 5.00 era....that's just my opinion which means nothing.
I don't like the deal either, but I did read that when Park was optioned back down he had to pass through waivers. So EVERY team in all of baseball passed on him for free. So that kinda says what the leagues think of him and his bubble gum stats in the minors this year. I read that the other player they moved with Park has a better upside.

That being said, I would have kept him and not made the deal.

King transferred to the 60 day DL retro to July 5th, so thats 2 months he will be out. Not eligible to return until September 5th.
Thats not a contusion as if was first reported. I like this kid moving forward, I think thats more of a loss then you would think. Maybe thats why we overpaid for Clay?

billyS

Reign of Terror
King transferred to the 60 day DL retro to July 5th, so thats 2 months he will be out. Not eligible to return until September 5th.
Thats not a contusion as if was first reported. I like this kid moving forward, I think thats more of a loss then you would think. Maybe thats why we overpaid for Clay?
Overpaid?
We traded a guy who had no place on the team.

Overpaid?
We traded a guy who had no place on the team.
I still wouldn't have dumped Park or Castillo for a guy with a 4.93 era and is three years older than park and 6 years older than Castillo.
Just my opinion, seems like a lateral move at best.

I have to think if we still had Tauchman we would be a little better off than we are now. What we get out of that deal, Peralta? Another Clay type in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.