2015 NY GIANTS It's 4 Years Later......................again!!

That neutral zone penalty and the fact that the pats had the ball for most of the game is what killed them.
Andy Reid was out coached too.
How do you not call a timeout on that last play?

I thought the non call in the saints game was unbelievable.
How did they miss that?
It was clearly interference.

At least Eli Apple won't get to go to the Superbowl:)

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Yeah I hope Read gets fired in 2 years I’d be on him like ants at a picnic.
Would have loved to see Brees/brady
Two old guns, does winner walk away?
Great stories

OH Lightweight, you never learn. Andy Reid is a great coach, just can't seem to win the big games (like so many others; Schottenhiemer, Allen, etc). Tell me, if he was available you wouldn't take him for the Jets?
You said Reid is a great coach but cant win the big games? Well that what make a great coach, the ones that can.

OH Lightweight, you never learn. Andy Reid is a great coach, just can't seem to win the big games (like so many others; Schottenhiemer, Allen, etc). Tell me, if he was available you wouldn't take him for the Jets?
Jets dont need a coach. They have a young up and coming coach who has a lot of upside and one who will end up being a great coach. So, no, I wouldnt want him. Like you said, he cant win the big games, so why would I want him?

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
People used to say that about Tom Landry too
And the Steeler coach Bill Cowher lost a number of big games several at home
Considering he wins 10 games every year and the Giants and Jets lose 10 games every year I’d give him a shot

You said Reid is a great coach but cant win the big games? Well that what make a great coach, the ones that can.

WOW! That didn’t take long. All I wanted to do was post ONE review; I knew I should have stayed out of the sports section, and here I am dealing with the same shit that made me leave several years ago.

Lightweight, I understand, that as a Jets fan, having to watch Tom Brady and the Pats in another Super Bowl is the equivalent of being water boarded by a group of Yankee fans, but hating on Andy Reid is just not right.

Maybe it’s because I’m a Giants fan who remembers his Eagle Teams routinely making 4th Quarter comebacks and knocking us out of the playoffs that I have a great deal of respect for his ability. I didn’t think I would ever be defending this man, but without even looking at his stats, I know he is a great Coach, and simply one of the top Coaches in the NFL Today.

I didn’t say He “Can’t” win the big Games, I said “it seems like” he can’t win the big games, after all this is a man who has a 12-15 Post season record and at one point went to 4 straight NFC Championship Games (not exactly Marv Lewis here). You can even debate that he should have won Super Bowl XXXIX, had it not been for Donovan McNabb getting “sick” (a game they lost by 3 points).

Not that I believe in stats but; an old football icon once said “You are what your record says you are!”, and with a .611 winning percentage that’s better than Super Bowl winning coach’s like Chuck Noll, Jimmie Johnson, Tom Coughlin, and the previous quoted Bill Parcells, along with many others not mentioned. So if you are going to base greatness solely on their winning credentials, that would make one certain Giants Quarterback one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time simply for being a 2-time Superbowl winning MVP, and beating the Best Quarterback of all time in both those games. I know that was a low blow, Ouch!

As for Adam Gase, “young, up and coming Coach, with lots of upside, who will end up being a great Coach”, I hope your right, I really do. One of the reasons I didn’t like the Giants hiring Dave Gettleman to be their GM, was because of his age. I felt a guy like that has no real drive to succeed, he’s financially secure, his children are grown and independent, so if he gets fired what’s the big deal, back to the golf course. I preferred the Gase hiring over a guy like Mike McCarthy for the same reason. But the truth is (and we both know it); is the Jets ownership/Management Hierarchy hired Gase for the wrong reasons (read: Cheap and Controllable), and when you make the most important decisions for your Franchise for the wrong reasons you are usually sentencing it to a prison of mediocrity (or perhaps worse).

WOW! That didn’t take long. All I wanted to do was post ONE review; I knew I should have stayed out of the sports section, and here I am dealing with the same shit that made me leave several years ago.

Lightweight, I understand, that as a Jets fan, having to watch Tom Brady and the Pats in another Super Bowl is the equivalent of being water boarded by a group of Yankee fans, but hating on Andy Reid is just not right.

Maybe it’s because I’m a Giants fan who remembers his Eagle Teams routinely making 4th Quarter comebacks and knocking us out of the playoffs that I have a great deal of respect for his ability. I didn’t think I would ever be defending this man, but without even looking at his stats, I know he is a great Coach, and simply one of the top Coaches in the NFL Today.

I didn’t say He “Can’t” win the big Games, I said “it seems like” he can’t win the big games, after all this is a man who has a 12-15 Post season record and at one point went to 4 straight NFC Championship Games (not exactly Marv Lewis here). You can even debate that he should have won Super Bowl XXXIX, had it not been for Donovan McNabb getting “sick” (a game they lost by 3 points).

Not that I believe in stats but; an old football icon once said “You are what your record says you are!”, and with a .611 winning percentage that’s better than Super Bowl winning coach’s like Chuck Noll, Jimmie Johnson, Tom Coughlin, and the previous quoted Bill Parcells, along with many others not mentioned. So if you are going to base greatness solely on their winning credentials, that would make one certain Giants Quarterback one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time simply for being a 2-time Superbowl winning MVP, and beating the Best Quarterback of all time in both those games. I know that was a low blow, Ouch!

As for Adam Gase, “young, up and coming Coach, with lots of upside, who will end up being a great Coach”, I hope your right, I really do. One of the reasons I didn’t like the Giants hiring Dave Gettleman to be their GM, was because of his age. I felt a guy like that has no real drive to succeed, he’s financially secure, his children are grown and independent, so if he gets fired what’s the big deal, back to the golf course. I preferred the Gase hiring over a guy like Mike McCarthy for the same reason. But the truth is (and we both know it); is the Jets ownership/Management Hierarchy hired Gase for the wrong reasons (read: Cheap and Controllable), and when you make the most important decisions for your Franchise for the wrong reasons you are usually sentencing it to a prison of mediocrity (or perhaps worse).
I hope you always come into the Sports section because you made a great post. No disrespect towards you, just not sure he is a great coach. Very very good, yea. Plus, I was kind of saying tongue and cheek regarding gase.... If reid was available, would I want his? of coarse.... But as a Jets fan, just wanted to give a prop to the new coach. Obviously I couldnt compare the 2..... I guess, I never liked the Eagles, so never been a big Reid fan.

I hope you always come into the Sports section because you made a great post. No disrespect towards you, just not sure he is a great coach. Very very good, yea. Plus, I was kind of saying tongue and cheek regarding gase.... If reid was available, would I want his? of coarse.... But as a Jets fan, just wanted to give a prop to the new coach. Obviously I couldnt compare the 2..... I guess, I never liked the Eagles, so never been a big Reid fan.
No problems LW, us Met Fans need to stick together, there are so few of us on this board.

Collins a nice player but not in pass coverage. I'm glad that the skins overpaid for him and will be handcuffed with his and Normans contracts for years to come.
Look at him still helping the Giants.

The giants are getting rid of everyone Reece bought in. OBJ would have probably been a another headache if they had another 5-11 season. The giants have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds this year and next year they will have significant cap space. Eli’s 23 mill and OBJ 18 mill will be off the books and some other dead money. This will be an opportunity to rebuild. They create a solid foundation and build a contending team.