2016 METS

Sorry, joeyboy, but AssMan19 was correct, as he was stating the highest BA in the PCL and those Mets were the top 3.
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_bat&lid=112&sid=l112
Thank you Banacek for posting that link. Much appreciated!!! Btw, Joeyboy and LISteve any thoughts about the Mets minor league system? It's okay to recant your position. You made a mistake without knowing the facts. Yankee fans have a habit of doing that when talking about the Mets. That is why Joeyboy prefers to live in the past instead of the present and future.

They have tied for the Wild Card. Does that count? Magic number down to one and then they clinch a playoff berth. That is post-season. I would think that would count for something, even to a jealous Yankee fan.

Listen .... ALL of the Mets starters have ben cut and Thor is pitching with bone spurs or bone chips in his elbow. NONE of them may be coming back! This time last year you were all saying how great this rotation is. Well here we are in October and they are all out except Thor. So ... PLEASE ... don't talk to me about next year. Let's see these guys win on a consistent basis and make all of their starts. How many of these guys have ever made 30 starts in a season?

Listen - the Mets are a decent team IF most of these guys come back healthy. The Yankees are almost through getting rid of these bad contracts and have lots of great young talent. There minor league system was just ranked 2nd best in baseball. Mets aren't in the top ten:

MLB's Top 10 farm systems
RankPreseasonMidseason
1DodgersBrewers
2BravesYankees
3RangersAstros
4RockiesPirates
5TwinsDodgers
6Red SoxNationals
7PhilliesRed Sox
8PiratesPhillies
9BrewersBraves
10AstrosRockies

and the American League is 165-133 in interleague play. That's essentially a 90 win season out of 162 games. So it is fair to say that the AL is significantly better than the National League.

The Mets have a very deep well of pitching and hitting talent that has led them to a surprisingly wonderful season, especially when one considers the plethora of severe injuries that would have devastated any other team in MLB ,including the Yankees These young unheard of prospects are quickly turning into proven reliable performers, some of whom may become stars

Listen .... ALL of the Mets starters have ben cut and Thor is pitching with bone spurs or bone chips in his elbow. NONE of them may be coming back! This time last year you were all saying how great this rotation is. Well here we are in October and they are all out except Thor. So ... PLEASE ... don't talk to me about next year. Let's see these guys win on a consistent basis and make all of their starts. How many of these guys have ever made 30 starts in a season?
You are knocking the pitchers for injuries they sustained. How about crediting the team for overcoming that.
and the American League is 165-133 in interleague play. That's essentially a 90 win season out of 162 games. So it is fair to say that the AL is significantly better than the National League.
The difference could be that the AL is better at hitting simply because of the DH. And, yes, I realize that not all of the interleague games are played with a DH, but in the games that are it gives the AL teams an edge.

The Mets are going to be in the postseason. How far they'll go is a question. Still, they made it. And they will only be a few games off the pace of last season. Considering the injuries to the core hitters and starters, that is amazing.

So to have Yankee fans come into our thread and shit all over us is rude. You are not going to made the playoffs. All you have to talk about is the future. When the Yankees had a dynasty, their fans would knock any team that talked about the future. Now the shoe is on the foot. Why do you think you are entitled to have it both ways?

Banacek ...You said that perfectly For all Mets haters, please see the statistics of these unknowns...TJ Rivera , Seth Lugo , Robert Gselleman (spell check) and prove in any response you can muster , that these 3 are not on the road to stardom at best , or quality major leaguers at worst

Of course the Yankees have a storied past. I don't think that any baseball fan would argue that.
But why do Yankees fans always bring up the past. Baseball is a game in the present. Day by day. 162 games is a long time. It's like looking ahead to the next inning. First you have to look at the at bat that is happening.

True Banacek. Didn't mean to get into a s**t slinging contest in the Met thread. Assman19 is the one who started bad-mouthing the yanks so I was just sticking up for my team.Anyways I do agree with alot of your views and opinions on things.Assman19 on the otherhand.....

Oh boy ..... don't be proud to have made the wild card. The wild card I think is good and bad. It is good because it makes baseball exciting. But let's face it - if you are a wild card team you really aren't very good and in most cases you aren't going to go far. AND ... THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS .... your ownership will be satisfied and continue to build a team that can get into the wild card and that makes you a mediocre team that consistently teases but ultimately fails. This is what has happened to the Yankees over the last 6 or 7 years. This year they finally figured it out and sold off. NOw they are building a team to win it all ... not just make the wild card. The Mets did the same thing ... problem is that they built it too much on pitching which is so frail. My prediction is Baumgarner wins easily and next year the Mets miss the playoffs due to lack of pitching. I bet none of these pitchers makes 30 starts next year. .. Well ... maybe Colon!!!!!

True Banacek. Didn't mean to get into a s**t slinging contest in the Met thread. Assman19 is the one who started bad-mouthing the yanks so I was just sticking up for my team.Anyways I do agree with alot of your views and opinions on things.Assman19 on the otherhand.....
Joeyboy this mudslinging was NOT started by me check the entire thread. I copied the posting by your fellow Yankee Fan and Mets basher LISteve. This is when I responded to his posting. What have I posted that was inaccurate or hateful. I have responded with praise for what the Yankees have accomplished this year on the Yankee thread. In post 85 LISteve stated that the Mets won't make the playoff's this year.
Post # 95 from LISteve: Sorry ... the Mets have a very similar record to the Yankees in a vastly inferior league. They are about the same .... but the Yankees have a far better minor league system and are on the way up. The Mets have only one starter left and he is throwing with bone spurs. The Mets are a nice little team (patronizing here) and you should enjoy any playoffs you get. However ... your team's future is kind of sketchy. If all of your starters can rebound from its myriad of injuries maybe you can be a good team next year ..... tough to tell. Last year we were all told about this fantastic rotation and how the Mets were going to dominate. What happened? And next year they are going to dominate again? Really? From the operating room?

Oh boy ..... don't be proud to have made the wild card. The wild card I think is good and bad. It is good because it makes baseball exciting. But let's face it - if you are a wild card team you really aren't very good and in most cases you aren't going to go far. AND ... THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS .... your ownership will be satisfied and continue to build a team that can get into the wild card and that makes you a mediocre team that consistently teases but ultimately fails. This is what has happened to the Yankees over the last 6 or 7 years. This year they finally figured it out and sold off. NOw they are building a team to win it all ... not just make the wild card. The Mets did the same thing ... problem is that they built it too much on pitching which is so frail. My prediction is Baumgarner wins easily and next year the Mets miss the playoffs due to lack of pitching. I bet none of these pitchers makes 30 starts next year. .. Well ... maybe Colon!!!!!
Last year the CUBS were a wild card team and they had beat the CARDS to go to the NLDS against the METS!!!! Please explain to us METS fans how the Yankees are doing a better job at building a team to win it all? By the way you might be right about none of the Mets pitchers next year starting 30 or more games. They don't need all of their starters to pitch that much when you have a plethora of very good pitchers such as Syndergaard, DeGrom, Harvey, Matz, Wheeler, Lugo, Gsellman and Colon (should they sign him). I can't think of any other team in baseball who are as stacked as the Mets in quality arms. Can you or anyone? Talking about their minor league system, I know you Yankee fans are familiar with Fullmer from Detriot who is one of the best arms in the American League. I think he pitched to the lowest ERA but because of a rain shorten start on his last game pitched he missed qualifying by an inning or so. Oh yeah, he was in the METS system too!!!! What the METS have accomplished this year is spectacular with all the injuries they have sustained. But SOME Yankee fans have a hard time admitting that the METS had a good season.

Did the Mets have a good season. If they lose the wild card ... I will say no. The Yankees lost the wild card game last year and I say it was a bad year. Look the Mets and Yanks are in similar boats. The difference is that the Mets have rebuilt their team with good quality young pitching, The problem with that is .... pitching is frail and can let you down. I believe just about every one of those Mets pitchers have had some sort of arm surgery and none have been able to exceed 200 innings and 30 starts. What good is the pitching if it can't pitch? I guess time will tell.

Assman - every once in a while a wild card team will go far ... but ultimately wild card teams aren't going to go all the way.