Your Favorite Beer

DickTheLawyer said:
Sam Adams Cherry Ale
Thank you Dick!! I got ripped earlier in this thread for singing the praises of this beer. I'm glad someone else likes it too. I think it has a great, albeit slightly different, taste. Its unique, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
slinkybender said:
Purity, Body, Flavor.
A girl that I see at CBGB's sometimes has a tatoo of the Ballantine 3 rings.

Ballantine IPA was a favorite. It was stopped at least 10 years ago. The Ballantine Ale has maore taste than BMC swill.

Brooklyn and Dogfish Head are good. Classics like Guinness, Duvel, Pilsner Urquell make me happy.

I usually try to drink local.

And of course, the best beer is free beer.

I was at a bar in midtown last night with some guys from work when 2 hot chicks who worked for Sam Adams had a taste test. For the life of me I don't remember what the names were of the 2 beers they tested but we all agreed that they both sucked. Then they gave us a pitcher of Boston Lager for our trouble.

I've always found plain old Yuengling to be better than the Sam Adams lager. Brooklyn Lager has a much hoppier, sharper aftertaste if that's what you're going for.

Also, as a Yankee fan, out of principle, I won't drink anything called Boston Lager that has commercials featuring shots of Fenway and Beantowners talking in that horrible Bah-ston accent about how great their beer is.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
Yeah. It's horribly overpriced and gives bad head. The official beer of UG.
Funny shit, WW!......Glad to see you back btw.
I am a fan of most Sam Adams beers but I will give you that the Boston accent is hideous. Worst accent in the U.S. if you ask me!

how about a beer from the oldest bar in ny, MCSORLEYS (dark of course ) and 3 at a time, you can hold the mustard however.
What?! Ya gotta have that mustard with your cheese, crackers and onion platter.

It was great meeting you Jersey. Have a few dark ales for me next time you're there!

Mine has changed to Presidente ever since drinking it for the first time in Sosua DR when I was there this past month. I can even buy it at the beverage barn here on LI. Tast is similar to Heineken, but the memories is what quenches my taste buds.

I recently had a Polish Beer in one of those old EV bars. Really liked its taste and kick. I believe it's called ZYWIEC (spelling may be off slightly).