Your Favorite Beer

Mr. User Name said:
Bass Ale.........with Yuengling Porter as backup.
I used to drink lots of dirt cheap Yuengling porter on tap when I lived in PA. Last year I tried some Brooklyn Chocolate Stout and it quickly replaced the YL Porter. About the same price too. I think it's seasonal though.

Don't really have a favorite but go through different phases. I can tell you the worst beer I've ever had. Chilli beer in Arizona. Awful beer with a chilli pepper in it. Ugh.

This is going to be a fun thread. I can't wait to see all the pretentious fools and the horrible micro brews and shitty imported beers they drink.

Canadian's are very under rated beers. Molsen and Moosehead just to name two. Rolling Rock which now I hear is about to become history, Presidente (Dominican) and Brahma (Brazil).

Ozzy said:
This is going to be a fun thread. I can't wait to see all the pretentious fools and the horrible micro brews and shitty imported beers they drink.
I knew you'd chime in with that.

Ozzy said:
Canadian's are very under rated beers. Molsen and Moosehead just to name two. Rolling Rock which now I hear is about to become history, Presidente (Dominican) and Brahma (Brazil).
Molson Golden goes down smooth on a hot day. Super drinkable good beer, but, shit, it's like 4.4% or something like that. I could hardly get a buzz after a sixer.

The red Molson, the lager, I thought was horrible.

RR is about to become history? Say it ain't so? Are you sure? I knew it was bought by a big macro brewery, moved out of PA, and is now brewed in NJ.

I like the Jap beers in the summer. I buy Asahi Super Dry in those giant like 33oz cans in Queens and pour them into a frosted glass. Try it. You'll like it if you like Molson.

argleby said:
Lately, I've been really liking Red Stripe. But mostly I drink Bud.
I've had Red Stripe and didn't consider it anything special. However, Desnoes & Geddes (the Red Stripe brewer in Kingston, Jamaica) had a girl chemist working there about 30 to 35 years ago that I would run into once a year. Each year over a period of 6 or 7 years, we would spend a few memorable nights together.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Everyone knows that a lot of the "micro breweries" aren't actually "breweries" but are actually "lots" made in the big breweries by the "big guys", right?

paulbunyon said:
Sam Adams (I think) Cherry Wheat. Seasonal during the Fall and Winter. Good stuff.
Tried that shit at Hi-Beams couple years ago. Buck and a half / bottle special. Forced down three sips------yuck.
Eric told me no one ordered a second.
More power to you !