Your Favorite Beer

I think asian beers are the worst garbage on the planet. I've yet to find one I can get passed two sips.

St Pauli girl, Dinkle Acker and Grolsch are three more good ones.

Ozzy said:
I think asian beers are the worst garbage on the planet. I've yet to find one I can get passed two sips.

St Pauli girl, Dinkle Acker and Grolsch are three more good ones.
St Pauli Girl is appropriate for UGers. The inviting, buxom blonde on the label; the 'You never forget your first girl' slogan. Jeez, do you think it's marketed to men? St Pauli is the name of the red light district in Berlin.

A beer for guys that like whores.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I go through phases...I put on something like 35 lbs since twelve months ago. Hanging out at the joints I hang out at, the selection is limited. I try to go Modelo Especial and change it up with a Negra Modelo.

Now there was a Belgian ale that I drank at this G*d awful place on Long Island, Croxley's. I don't drink draft beer at any price and this place only had this Belgian ale, Le Cheuf, in bottle. Very decent...reminded me of the German Paul Laner's that I would drink with my friend, "The Kraut".

Gavy

Ozzy said:
....Canadian's are very under rated beers. Molsen and Moosehead just to name two.
Plus the fact that everytime I drink Canadian beer I have flashbacks to rue Sainte-Catherine in Montreal. My favorite is Molsen Export.

Been buying a small label called Victory (Dowingtown Pa) by the case since reading a rave review in the NYTs. Their Prima Pils for my everyday with food light side, and Storm King Stout (only a winter offering) for my 'stick a fork in it' dark side. Never been much of an ale guy, but also like their Hopdevil. Did NOT care for a second (and muy expensive) ale called Golden Monkey. All their offerings are in the thiry-forty/case range but worth it

zarathustra88 said:
Been buying a small label called Victory (Dowingtown Pa) by the case since reading a rave review in the NYTs. Their Prima Pils for my everyday with food light side, and Storm King Stout (only a winter offering) for my 'stick a fork in it' dark side. Never been much of an ale guy, but also like their Hopdevil. Did NOT care for a second (and muy expensive) ale called Golden Monkey. All their offerings are in the thiry-forty/case range but worth it
Used to hang at annoying hipster bars in Philly that had nothing but Victory on tap. Didn't find it anything special and they overcharged for it. Honestly, I preferred plain old Yuengling to the Victory Lager and it was half the price.

I prefer Labatt's over Molsen's, but I tend to drink pilsner beers anyway. And, with fear of sounding a bit pretentious, there's nothing quite like driving around the Czech Republic sampling the local pils.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
hits the spot in the hot summer. paulaner isn't bad either.

recently tried the UFO summer pilsner. insipid, body-less, bad.
Thanks for the heads up on the Pilsner. The hefewizen in the hot summer really is a great "lawn mower" beer.

Cheers!