Will the Yankees make the Postseason

• YES. They will win the AL East.

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • YES. They will be a Wild Card.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • NO. They suck.

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
I am a Yankee fan/Met hater. BUT ... I can be objective and not piss off the Mets fans here. I am more aggravated about the Yankees than hating on them. A real Yankee fan can admit when his team is sucking ass. They have been sub 500 since mid July.

And NJSpas ... At 47 I am ready to suit up and play!! Put me in coach!
OK, if you hate the Mets as much as you say you do, then why aren't you happy that they suck. You should be escatic. It's like the guy who called up "The Fan"last week and as an Orioles fan. He kept rubbing it in that the Orioles were better and that they'd win their series with the Yanks. Of course, one good season on the Orioles part doesn't mean they're headed for the playoffs every year.

And looking forward to your call-up this month. :)

Oh I am satisfied that the Mets suck. I don't hate the Mets as much as I hate Mets fans who question Yankee superiority. They simply can't say anything right now since it is so obvious.

True ... but I can't live with blown calls any more. That kid on the White Sox should have gotten his perfect game and JOhan Santana should never have gotten that no hitter. I can live with my tea, not hitting but the technology is here and it is time to use it. It can be done without slowing the game down and it may speed it up since arguments would be eliminated.

Nice win today.

Beningo and Roberts were talking about the lousy officiating in baseball this season. They said the Yankees throughout their history have had at least 10 bad calls against them and 10 good ones that should have been called the other way. So have the Bosox, Mets, etc. It's part of the game. It doesn't matter that Johan's no hitter was the result of a blown call. It still goes in the books as a no hitter. Even with the best umpires out there, someone is going to be out of position and miss the call. We're just human.

If you can eliminate these errors then you should. It would probably quicken the games. I do agree that it probably evens out in the end ... but if you lose in the playoffs like the Yankees lost that game in Baltimore then it would be hard to live with.

Imagine how the Orioles felt after the Jeffrey Maier game. Anyone on the losing end is going to feel bad. My point is that it's in the nature of the game to have human error. Yes, we'd like to see it happen less often, but you can't expect perfection from people. We all make mistakes. I'm sure the umpires carry it within them after they get home and see the TV replays. i'd like to think they're less arrogant in real life than they appear to be on TV or at a live event.

The Yankees would have won that game and that series anyway. That is why only Yankee haters bring it up. It wouldn't have made a difference if they said there was interference.

Tough loss last night.Too bad for Phil Hughes he pitched well.Girardi a bit of overmanaging i think bringing in Logan. I understand the lefty lefty thing but the batter(forgot his name)had a .300 avg against Lhp and Hughes got him out 3 times prior.Guess Girardi thought Hughes was running out of gas...just my opinion.(i think the hitter was Denard Span)

Last edited:
I fell asleep on the couch. They were winning at the time. I didn't see how they blew the lead. They should have scored more runs. The Twins suck. They shoudl be pummeling them. I think CC will pitch a gen today ... give them some length and give the bullpen a rest. I have notice a few more people voting that they are not going to make the playoffs. Must be Lightweight!!!

I fell asleep on the couch. They were winning at the time. I didn't see how they blew the lead. They should have scored more runs. The Twins suck. They shoudl be pummeling them. I think CC will pitch a gen today ... give them some length and give the bullpen a rest. I have notice a few more people voting that they are not going to make the playoffs. Must be Lightweight!!!
Boone Logan sucked is why they lost, probably from overuse which now falls into the Tom Gordon and Paul Quantrill and Pedro Feliciano category. I really think Hughes should have been left in the game, and then maybe have Joba pitch the 8th and Soriano the 9th. Hughes had struck out his last batter, the lefty SS Florimon, swinging on good heaters. Then Girardi decided to bring in Logan to face Denard Span, a lefty. Girardi is sometimes a little too quick to go to the bullpen and lately his moves have all been backfiring on him.

What the Yankees should have done these last 2 weeks is go to a 6 man rotation, leaving Phelps in the rotation with CC, Kuroda, Pettite, Hughes and Nova. This way you can go longer with the starters and rest the bullpen and take advantage of the Yankees' depth. I do not know why this has not been done. You would have to ask Girardi.

Last edited:
I forgot it was a daygame. Thank God or I would have gotten nothing done at work today. I think Girardi can have moments of overmanaging. He definitely is in love with Logan who is decent but I don't think that was the spot for him. Oh well.

I forgot it was a daygame. Thank God or I would have gotten nothing done at work today. I think Girardi can have moments of overmanaging. He definitely is in love with Logan who is decent but I don't think that was the spot for him. Oh well.
the only thing i didnt like about today's game is that CC didnt have to pitch 8 innings.With the rosters expanded Girardi could have put in another pitcher or two without using his main men.Especially with an 8-1 lead and CC already on DL twice with arm issues this year.

the only thing i didnt like about today's game is that CC didnt have to pitch 8 innings.With the rosters expanded Girardi could have put in another pitcher or two without using his main men.Especially with an 8-1 lead and CC already on DL twice with arm issues this year.
I totally agree, this was a perfect situation for Lowe to pitch an inning and maybe Adam Warren or Corey Wade to work an inning. Otherwise what the fuck are these guys doing on the roster? Pitch them or release them. The game was 8-1 and the Twins are not really that good of a team.