Why was my post deleted?

We would welcome legitimate reviews but there was a tremendous volume of postings from "professional reviewers" (multiple accounts posting from the same IP address, serially posting about the same place over and over again). The volume of "reviews" being posted was just beyond anything we have ever experienced from legitimate posters (including from this same establishment when they were paying for advertising here).

As a result we finally felt it made more sense to stop allowing reviews rather than force the moderators to launch an investigation every time someone posted to the thread. And if someone were to open a new thread the same thing would happen.
I see. That totally sucks, they couldn't just live with legitimate reviews. Oh well, too bad. Guess I'll just have to relive my experience in my own head, lol.

I would like to know if possible why are my posts being deleted. Have I offended or broken any rules? Reading them myself has not given me any better understanding.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I would like to know if possible why are my posts being deleted. Have I offended or broken any rules? Reading them myself has not given me any better understanding.
Since you are in moderation (I'm not sure why, I don't remember when it happened) your posts are scrutinized more than the average member and if they don't add value to a thread they are usually deleted instead of approved. So while a particular post might not be all that offensive it might not be all that constructive either.
That said, looking back at your latest posts I only see one that I deleted and that was when you were talking about different ways to commit suicide.

Since you are in moderation (I'm not sure why, I don't remember when it happened) your posts are scrutinized more than the average member and if they don't add value to a thread they are usually deleted instead of approved. So while a particular post might not be all that offensive it might not be all that constructive either.
That said, looking back at your latest posts I only see one that I deleted and that was when you were talking about different ways to commit suicide.
Thanks for responding, I never found out what offense moderated me and I guess once moderated there is nothing I can do to unmoderated myself. I'm sure you have to read a lot of messages and despite the fact that my post was not at all about about how to commit suicide, but pointed to the fact that owning a gun increases the chance of suicide (and accidents) dramatically more than protecting your home or stopping a viral infection, I'm sure I phrased it in a way that did not agree with your sensibilities and it's deleted.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Slinky/Billy - I've been here since 2005. I contribute often, and don't get involved with any if the drama/BS. I do defend myself if attacked. Why am I in moderation? Thanks.
I'm not sure. Only Slinky can put people in moderation but usually if I look at your posting history I can pinpoint a deleted post that might have been the cause.
Do you remember when it started?

Billy I honestly have no idea. It's a bit annoying, but it is what it is. I thought I was a good guy with good content with no BS. Have I ever gotten into BS with some people? Yes cause I'm not a pussy and I do defend myself. Thanks.

A recent question I posted in the SA/sugar baby thread/forum was not approved and removed/deleted. I'm curious why. I'm thinking about trying the SA/sugar baby route and wanted to know if you can use a pre-paid visa to pay for membership. It's a bit of data I need to determine if SA/sugar baby is a viable option for me. I'd be happy to research the data in the thread, except it's over a thousand pages long. I don't believe the question broke any rules, although I have unwittingly broken the new UG rules in the past (hence my being moderated). Would someone be kind enough as to advise on the reason for my deleted post? Stay Safe-Doc